Oak Island Artifacts: Just the Facts

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Something else. Don Jose and a few others here would probably be the best to answer, but how long would it have taken to do all this supposedly? And how many folks? Couple of weeks, months, years?
Dozen, couple dozen, hundreds? Like crews building the pyramids or Inca/Aztec temples?

And if such I would think it had to have been highly organized. Having all brought to the site. I don't remember any stories about Indians being captured and used as slaves, like in the old west.

Oh! Maybe it's like those home renovations shows. Whole thing done in a half hour.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how elaborate you think the island is it might not have taken very many men to accomplish in a short period of time.. It's not like it was a high traffic area back then and with all the other small islands around there if another friendly ship cruised by and saw men over there they probably just went to a different island or whatever...and depending on how many trees where on the island at the time the Money Pit would be somewhat hidden from off coast.. The flood tunnels wouldn't have been though..

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does anyone know if "they" will be doing any more work on the island?
The whole thing appears to have just dropped out.
Any "rumors" of anything worthwhile found?
I mean these guys have spent tens of millions of dollars and now we have no new updates.
This "story" does have my attention but the destruction and lies have really derailed it I think.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where have you been getting updates before now? I doubt there is any full updates out with them still doing the show. They need you to watch the show to find out most of that stuff. Once the show ends if they keep searching they would probably then be more willing to put their progress reports out there for all to read as they come along.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit it Doc, this wasn't a casual operation or a cover, but a serious effort. Question is how did they expectto retrive it if one of their trps had ben sprung and the pit was full of water?? Remember. they were very limited in their abiity in those days.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF there truly was some sort of 'trap door" flood tunnel they could have easily made the raising tunnel off the Money Pit to be able to retrieve whatever they put in there as some think they did. What I don't understand is if you have something to hide why would you hide it knowing someone is going to be looking for it right where you put it in order to need to have made another entrance to retrieve it to begin with it. Just hide it better and walk away..

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon N2, You are correct, but rember we have no idea of the amount of materiel they wanted to keep safe. It is a known fact that when you have many people doing the excavation, sooner or later someone will talk.so the flooding system was a dual safeguard.

I still tjnk that it was constructed with an ascending tunnel, to be accesed with a new excavation, in a fresh place with no indication to show its location. The ascending shaft would of neceassity be above the water level just, below the surface.
what do you think of the odds of blindly excavating and finding it ?

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Makes sense if they did so. Make up a fake site to draw attention awayfrom one hidden in plain sight.

Big flashing neon sign on the island, "Treasure buried here". Meanwhile it's actually buried under the dock they parked their boat at.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT, who did the digging to the ascending spot? It had to be done before the main pit was refilled completely so still alot of folks would know about it. Granted maybe they killed them all afterwards...even if they did this assuming it was still anything left behind the ascending vault would have been found from the 100' radius hole that was dug in the 60's

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good thinking D2,my friend :coffee2::coffee2: coffee ?? I need it. When they reached bottom, they could have ascended anywhere wihin 360 degrees. this could be done wthout any of the workers knowing it, so remember most were of a period where they were lucky to even be able tto read and write. By keeping any educated men up on top, no one would know where the access tunnel would almost surface, nor how close to the original point..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, they could have kept it to a minimum on who knew about the ascending tunnel.. and then the regular workers fill in the Money Pit.. If they did this I'd think they'd have not done it from the bottom as that would have made for another long tunnel up to where ever. I'd have waited till the hole was half full or something and then branch off. Though that would make it possible for someone to notice once they dug out the pit if you did it above water trap. I just find it hard to believe that they would have been able to branch off from 150' deep at an angle up and then know where it is at from the top to be able to find it in the future, which is my reasoning in waiting to do that from closer to the top..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong. I want to believe in all this, and pretty much have from the time I first heard about it in grade school around '73 or so.. It's a Treasure Hunt and who don't like those right... but now it is getting easier to find ways to debunk stuff then it is to figure out the quiz.. I do believe that at one time there was something going on there. Too much evidence for that. At this point though there is no way to know if the treasure is still there or already gone..EPA and the rules of Oak Island prevent them from doing some of the searches they'd like to do which may end up keeping it all a mystery.. The original 3 claim ( actually only heard that from 1 of their families ) to have each found a small chest. Not sure I believe that just sounds too convenient for 3 guys to be digging and find 3 chests. So other then the black ex slave that lived on the island that may have found it or some type of treasure I think it's still there. My thinking is if whoever put it there did come back for it they probably would have not filled in the hole they dug to retrieve it. Grab it and run type of thing but who knows...

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
So it appears there is a Forum member with the Avatar of " Autofull "

Question is : Is Autofull a Forum BOT or an actual Human ?

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Taking a lead from Don Jose and others, with a side tunnel theory. Dig straight way way down, well below the water level of the "trap flood". Then go up somewhat, and dig a tunnel at an angle back towards the surface. Figure tunnel diameter would have to be large enough to move said "treasure" and folks to do so. So what, similar to your average mine shaft? Then excavate out a larger area once height was reached to fit all the "treasure". It would have to still be deep enough from the surface to prevent the ground above from settling, like it did over the pit. Also dependent on the soil conditions, said storage area would need bracing installed to prevent collapsing. So rather then one large open area, maybe several smaller shafts branching out horizontally from where the up tunnel stopped.

Okay, all dug out, goodies installed.Somewhere along the line, they also dig to construct the trap. Now pack a couple barrels of gun powder at the beginning of the up tunnel, and light them off. That part of the tunnel collapses, and Mother Nature takes care of the rest of camouflaging it. Then fill in the original tunnel with left over debris from all the digging.
Clean up the camp site, and make haste out of the area, knowing that first person trying to dig out the original tunnel will trip the trap, flooding the tunnel, and further hiding the up tunnel to the storage area.

To aid in recovery, you wouldn't need an X marking the spot, just a general area of the storage vault(s). If they used one large one be fairly easy to dig down and hit some portion of it. If they used several horizontal shafts, then all you would need is to get to part of one, then just follow it back to the hub, and there's the rest of them.

Either way that's a heck of an excavation! We're talking manual labor, hauling up the debris by ropes in baskets? All that dirt piled up would make one heck of a pile, little hard to disguise. Then a bunch of carpenters, so to say, to cut/form all the wood needed, like the wooden floors found every so many feet down in the original shaft. Not to mention bracing for the shafts(s). So you would need a crew for that. Even if they cut up their boats, somebody had to know how to do it properly. This would not have been a couple of guys doing this over a weekend. My thinking, this would have involved a heck of a lot more then some Knights off a boat. Way too many folks needed to handle all that was involved.
Not even counting the support staff. Not like they had a 7/11 store nearby to grab some lunch and Slurpee's to drink. They would have to have at least a few folks out hunting game, and collecting water/berries, and fishing, and such, then some cooks to prepare said meals for the crews. Oh and the new guys, the ones who got stuck digging the privies and carrying those baskets of dirt to the dump site.

And don't forget the supervisors, can't be a union job without them. The guys who knew how to properly dig down so far, then properly construct the up tunnels, and the vault(s) and the trap. You know the white hats.

Oh and sailors too, somebody had to be able to drive the ship(s) to the site, without getting lost.

Okay so now we have at least what 7 guys/Knights to do the job. We got us a digger, a carpenter, a hunter, a cook, the new guy who gets all the dirty work, a supervisor, and a sailor. So now those guys finish up, hopefully they didn't cut up all their ship(s) as they would have no way off the island. Not like they were on Star Trek and could beam up to the mother ship. Oh wait, maybe it was Aliens.

Nah, a bunch of Knights who sure were smart, but were they also conceivably that good at all the other types of work involved to do this on their own.

Think about it, smart guys don't do dirty work unless it's absolutely necessary. Smart guys would have had a crew(s) with them to handle all the effort required. Could they all have fit on one boat? Maybe, but I doubt a construction project of this size would be a small effort.

So just me again, but we'll say at least two boats. Two boats parked for however long it took to do the deed. And a bunch of folks traipsing all over the place, hunting, fishing, cooking, cutting wood, digging, hauling, and so on. And lets not forget that pile of dirt. And in all that, not one person got sick or injured and died. I guess they could have tossed said body in the ocean if it occurred, but heck we got diggers, lets just dig a grave.

And I forgot one. These guys were religious, so what a bout a Padre/Priest/Monk to lead them?

All that, and nobody mentions seeing anything, nor speaking of it? Nobody passing by in another boat happens by and doesn't question it? Natives don't see smoke from the mainland, and go check it out? Nobody knows nothing, like Sgt. Schultz?

And where did they all go afterwards? Did the Knights pull a Pirate "dead men tell no tales" bit on the rest of the crew(s)?
If they did where are the bodies? If they didn't where did those folks go? Home and never mention the job, yeah sure. To the mainland, and either died or killed by the Indians? Marry into the tribe? Or just disappear in the the mist?

I'm a straw brained scarecrow, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck.

Damn these guys were good.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And where did they all go afterwards? Did the Knights pull a Pirate "dead men tell no tales" bit on the rest of the crew(s)?
If they did where are the bodies? If they didn't where did those folks go? Home and never mention the job, yeah sure. To the mainland, and either died or killed by the Indians? Marry into the tribe? Or just disappear in the the mist?

I'm a straw brained scarecrow, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck.

Damn these guys were good.
Yep.. That is a big part of the problem with all the theories of a massive big construction job... Where did the builders go? Why did no one come back? Why did no one ever mention it to someone else? Why did no one see it being done?

If their was something buried there it must of been a smallish scale thing otherwise there would be more evidence of the massive undertaking...

Great post!

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. That is a big part of the problem with all the theories of a massive big construction job... Where did the builders go? Why did no one come back? Why did no one ever mention it to someone else? Why did no one see it being done?

If their was something buried there it must of been a smallish scale thing otherwise there would be more evidence of the massive undertaking...

Great post!

Here is a theory I heard about that when I was a kid in school. There is a group of islands near Yarmouth called the Tusket Islands about 170 km away from Oak Island. One of the Islands was called Murder Island. It was originally called "isle a Massacre" or Massacre Island the name was changed when the names were changed to English. The basic story is the island was a site where something really bad went on. The island had a lot of human bones scattered about. My uncle told me his Dad who lived on a nearby island as a child used to go there to play. From what I remember there were three theories about the origin of the bones 1) It was the site of an Indian battle and 2) it is where the workers who built the underground structure at Oak Island were disposed of or 3) they were the temporary survivors of an unknown shipwreck.

As far as I know the bones are long gone weathered away with time. We are planning at some point to go there with metal detectors to see if we find anything of interest.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not dismissing your story, but my only concern is why travel 170 km away to do this if it has any connection at all with the Oak Island treasure... There are quite a few islands in the area, any of them could have been used as a base, burial grounds etc.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not dismissing your story, but my only concern is why travel 170 km away to do this if it has any connection at all with the Oak Island treasure... There are quite a few islands in the area, any of them could have been used as a base, burial grounds etc.

I agree with you there are many other islands. However 170km is about a days sail so not far at all. Disposing of the digging crew a days sail away greatly increases the area you would have to search to find out what they were up to. If you left them on an island too close by the searches would be more intense and too close to Oak Island. The Tusket Islands are near the extreme western point on Nova Scotia so you would not know to search on the south shore or inside the Bay of Fundy.

I'm not saying I believe that this story is connected to Oak Island. Its a local story that is as far as I know unexplained and for the most part there is no interest in finding out what really happened there.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a theory I heard about that when I was a kid in school. There is a group of islands near Yarmouth called the Tusket Islands about 170 km away from Oak Island. One of the Islands was called Murder Island. It was originally called "isle a Massacre" or Massacre Island the name was changed when the names were changed to English. The basic story is the island was a site where something really bad went on. The island had a lot of human bones scattered about. My uncle told me his Dad who lived on a nearby island as a child used to go there to play. From what I remember there were three theories about the origin of the bones 1) It was the site of an Indian battle and 2) it is where the workers who built the underground structure at Oak Island were disposed of or 3) they were the temporary survivors of an unknown shipwreck.

As far as I know the bones are long gone weathered away with time. We are planning at some point to go there with metal detectors to see if we find anything of interest.

Thanks

Just looked for the story on the net and found this article that gives a different theory re the bones there.

https://roadtrippers.com/stories/th...-murder-island?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5

Still anything is possible... I still secretly hope the discover something truly amazing on oak island at some time.... BUT I won't be holding my breath....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread