S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty dang good factual evidence that the 3 did dig a hole as you "sometimes" say they did not.. Own up to it Singlestack.. you still get to say we have never seen anyone actually find treasure in it. Though some claim they have we didn't actually see it happen though..

For the final time......I DID NOT SAY that the mcginnis boys never dug a hole. Please learn to read with comprehension.

I have always stated that there was NEVER a pit with a treasure, log platforms, a cryptic stone, or flood tunnels that existed on the island.

Whether or not hoaxers dug holes to convince people that they found a "money pit" is irrelevant...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you'd hit the ignore button to this whole Oak Island Forum with posts like yours 4 spots above. If you had been playing along and you have you just have selective memory apparently. When the items in my post above yours happened and I called them out on it right then..That is a FACT.
Same as Singlestack has a blue million times over the last few years posted that the 3 never dug a hole. In his mind he might have been thinking without treasure in it, etc etc etc. but that IS NOT what he has always posted...

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you'd hit the ignore button to this whole Oak Island Forum with posts like yours 4 spots above. If you had been playing along and you have you just have selective memory apparently. When the items in my post above yours happened and I called them out on it right then..That is a FACT.
Same as Singlestack has a blue million times over the last few years posted that the 3 never dug a hole. In his mind he might have been thinking without treasure in it, etc etc etc. but that IS NOT what he has always posted...

Well it is clear who needs the ignore button. You have been ignored...

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is what I would define as a nebulous disconnect.....

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
WHat I have discovered is that the metal detectorist has more ability to observe, reason, and quickly process information than all the shows Archeologists combined

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WHat I have discovered is that the metal detectorist has more ability to observe, reason, and quickly process information than all the shows Archeologists combined
You can’t be talking about gawy..................:laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gawry is the exception......
He certainly has been willing to give up his credibility for the payment he is getting.. Can not say I blame him as we all need to make a living. Still he cannot be trusted as a neutral expert.. Who knows what he has found that supports normal human industry and we have not been shown. Gary is just a payed presenter/actor reading from the script he is been given...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What gets to me is the "instant analysis" of finds - always with the "Legend" brought to the forefront: a hasp or hinge is always part of a "treasure chest", a large nail or spike is from a ship, a shard of glass is from a "pirate bottle". A broken pick is a "tunneling tool". An ax was used to cut shoring timbers for tunnels. Anything that is estimated/guessed to be older than pre-1795 is determined to have come from "the Depositors"... That Jack Begley is SUPER bad about that...but he is one of the associate producers, so has to rev-up the drama, I guess. He's an associate producer for Civil War Gold and Ancient Aliens, as well. Maybe he gets conclusion-jumping lessons from Giorgio..."I'm not sayin' it was Templars...but it was Templars." Did you know his GREEN SHIRT has its own Twitter account?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Begley would fit well into the uast....

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with more recent quackpot theories posted, post #473 and still no factual evidence has ever been presented...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of the same went on and on about Sinclair's Diploma didn't say he had ever come to the area, and was actually written by his grandson that ironically didn't know how or when the man died.
Sure there are other writings saying when he did but wouldn't you think his grandson would know if he is close enough to the man to be the one writing his Diploma.
If his grandson didn't know that how does he know he never came to the area...
So you see these folks don't really have all their facts together on everything they say...
As for folks that don't have all their facts together, your superficial understanding of the SINCLAIR DIPLOMA gleaned from Wikipedia is proof of that.
If you modernize the middle English of the Sinclair Diploma you would read that Henry Sinclair died on Orkney cruelly slain by his enemies while defending his country of Orkney.
As for date, it is provided further on, beyond that Wikipedia exert you quoted.
The Diploma of Thomas, Bishop of Orkney and Zeeland, a contemporary of Henry Sinclair, collaborates the grandson's written Diploma history of the Sinclair family, AND BOTH never mention a voyage across the Atlantic.
Sorry, n2mini, my friend, but it appears that you are among the "folks that don't really have their facts together".
'Nuff Said!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS, take a gander at this.
The genuine history

Henry Sinclair was born at Rosslyn Castle, near Edinburgh, in 1345. He enters Orkney history in the late 1370s - a period when the islands were without an earl.

In Orkney, the death of Earl Malise, Henry's grandfather, in 1365, had resulted in a succession dispute that was not resolved for 26 years. Henry became involved in a struggle for the possession of the earldom with Erngisl Sunesson and Alexander de Ard. Sinclair bested his two rivals, eventually being granted the earldom by the Norwegian King Haakon VI, in 1379.

His appointment was on the condition that he not only defend Orkney and Shetland but also that, if required, he provide Norway with military support. A further condition was that he build no permanent structures. This, however, was blatantly ignored. Sinclair went on to build the Kirkwall Castle shortly after.

Not much else is known about Henry Sinclair. He was killed around 1400, his demise described by the Sinclair Diploma:

"...he retirit to the parts of Orchadie and josit them to the latter tyme of his life, and deit Erile of Orchadie, and for the defence of the country was slain there cruellie by his enemiis..."

The identity of these "enemiis" and the exact circumstances of Henry's death are unclear. We do not even know where in Orkney he met his death.

What we do know is that sometime in 1401:

"The English invaded, burnt and spoiled certain islands of Orkney."

It is therefore possible that Earl Henry Sinclair died sometime in 1400, or 1401 - possibly repelling an English force who raided Orkney after the Scots attacked an English fleet outside Aberdeen.

After Henry's death, the earldom passed to his son, also called Henry. Earl Henry II was earl by name only and there is no record of him ever visiting the Orkney during his 20-year reign.

And, as far as Henry Sinclair is concerned, that is as far as recorded Orkney history goes.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do we know what to believe on Henry Sinclair. Some stories tell it one way while others tell it differently. As you know I'm not a researcher but have easily found 2 articles showing they are not sure where or when the man died. One doesn't even say how he died. This one comes close to that somewhat...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, we know Davy Crockett existed and where he most likely died. But not for sure and there is no known grave site.

But that doesn't link him to Oak Island. And he was even on the proper side of the Atlantic Ocean.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never said that Sinclair had or has anything to do with OI. Just that his paper work is inconclusive as to how and when he died so how do we know to believe anything else in or not in the paper work... for those that do believe he had something to do with OI and for those that believe his paper work prove he did not...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How do we know what to believe on Henry Sinclair. Some stories tell it one way while others tell it differently. As you know I'm not a researcher but have easily found 2 articles showing they are not sure where or when the man died. One doesn't even say how he died. This one comes close to that somewhat...

Its a shame that Henry Sinclair didn't have embedded war correspondents that could have reported the exact location and date when he was "slain there cruelle by his enemies" in Orchadie.
News of events at the beginning of the 1400's was not sent instantly, sometime taking months to make the rounds.
Most likely (my opinion based on research) is that Henty Sinclair was killed in a small skirmish involving a rats by English soldiers or a band of pirates which was common during that period, AND the main duty of Sinclair's Oath of Fealty.

The point of all this after taking a gander of your "research" in POST #475 is that neither mention a Sinclair Templar voyage in the good ship St Katherine to Oak Island, Nova Scotia.
Thanks, n2moni, my friend for supporting the truth that this alleged voyage NEVER occurred.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never said that Sinclair had or has anything to do with OI. Just that his paper work is inconclusive as to how and when he died so how do we know to believe anything else in or not in the paper work... for those that do believe he had something to do with OI and for those that believe his paper work prove he did not...

Never said you did. I was just providing a similar example of someone with providence in history but who also has no connection to Oak Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread