Oak Island Mystery Solved! The Truth behind what the McGinnis Boys Saw!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That there was ever a mystery on Oak Island.

Well, except the one about why anyone would care about some unremarkable little Canadian island. That's still a mystery after 29 failed attempts over 225 years to find any "mystery".

Where waes the original pit? Who cares? The whole site was excavated and the pit was opened out into a huge excavation and nothing was found, so it was backfilled back in. If it even was it no longer exists. End of story. For sensible folk.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Even if ya'll are correct the original 3 needed to start the hole in order to make the hoax real, correct, and hence the MP was truly there regardless of the reasoning...Which makes my statement correct in that there was a MP... which at the time was just a hole, and was coined the Money Pit years later...
Yes, but do you know how many holes it takes to fill Oak Island or Albert Hall?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I read the news today. Oh boy. 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire."

Now there is a treasure!
2Q==

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it rather ironic that when I have called ya'll out on this thread and you know I'm right in my posts that instead of trying to explain your way out of it you just make jokes in hopes to move on to another topic within the thread. What does the following quote from Charlie P have to do with this thread?? "I read the news today. Oh boy. 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire."

ECS, go back and reread all the posts on the 1st page and you will see how some of them contradict themselves. I've now got Charlie P who thinks maybe there was a MP dug even if it started out as a depression in the ground. Who a couple of weeks ago stated there never was a MP. He is easing his thinking on there atleast being an original hole.. Which later became known as the Money Pit.. Which had to be there to get all this started. Even if it was all a hoax as ya'll all think ( I do not think it was a hoax, but who knows at this point if there is or was treasure in it ) in order to fleece investors out of millions as ya'll think...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it rather ironic that when I have called ya'll out on this thread and you know I'm right in my posts that instead of trying to explain your way out of it you just make jokes in hopes to move on to another topic within the thread. What does the following quote from Charlie P have to do with this thread?? "I read the news today. Oh boy. 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire."

ECS, go back and reread all the posts on the 1st page and you will see how some of them contradict themselves. I've now got Charlie P who thinks maybe there was a MP dug even if it started out as a depression in the ground. Who a couple of weeks ago stated there never was a MP. He is easing his thinking on there atleast being an original hole.. Which later became known as the Money Pit.. Which had to be there to get all this started. Even if it was all a hoax as ya'll all think ( I do not think it was a hoax, but who knows at this point if there is or was treasure in it ) in order to fleece investors out of millions as ya'll think...

It wasn't a "hoax"... just simply an old well.

And the imaginations of the boys and those that followed onward... took it from there.

And with that...

I am "all in".

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It’s been proven beyond a shadow of doubt that a pit containing oak platforms, flood tunnel traps, and a 90 foot stone never existed. The only pits that ever existed were the ones dug by folks claiming to know a treasure was there. The last several searchers have only found remnants of previous searcher’s holes.....

If in your reasoning the holes dug by previous hoax purveyors are money pits, then your twisted definition would fit as the pits were dug until investors had enough and the pit diggers knew their scams had been discovered...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to say this one last time to you and everyone else playing along. No one can prove anything about the oak platforms, flood tunnel traps and the 90' stone either way. I understand this and apparently you don't. However unlikely any of those things are, they are possible. Did you see the original 3 dig the pit? If so you can say what ever you saw in there but if you weren't there, and of course there are no pics from back then, then it is possible regardless of what you think...

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to say this one last time to you and everyone else playing along. No one can prove anything about the oak platforms, flood tunnel traps and the 90' stone either way. I understand this and apparently you don't. However unlikely any of those things are, they are possible. Did you see the original 3 dig the pit? If so you can say what ever you saw in there but if you weren't there, and of course there are no pics from back then, then it is possible regardless of what you think...

No....100% proven. If digging up all the areas supposedly containing a money pit, flood tunnels, flood tunnel inlets at smith's cove, etc. to deep depths and finding nothing many times over is not proof, then perhaps you a member of the same secret freemason/templar/martian group as franklin?......

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Did you see the original 3 dig the pit? If so you can say what ever you saw in there but if you weren't there, and of course there are no pics from back then, then it is possible regardless of what you think...
You also didn't see the 3 dig the alleged original pit, so what is your obsessive point?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've now got Charlie P who thinks maybe there was a MP dug even if it started out as a depression in the ground. Who a couple of weeks ago stated there never was a MP.

There were caissons set and bore holes as well. All by searchers. Possibly the first group being the "Eldarado Company" in 1866. Two prior seem to be referenced to but unconfirmed (Onslow and Truro in the mid 1800's). Still no evidence there ever was anything of value buried there. There was possibly a depression that started it all. Not to be confused with a "Money Pit". It's just what people came to call the boondoggle. My Aunt & Uncle & Cousins visited the site and had a picture with a sign that said "Money Pit". May have been nowhere near where others have dug. Its like the "Mystery Spot" in various states. They construct the site where the tourists can find it. It's what got to be called the "Money Pit" (as far as I know sometime in the 1960's) but the original spot is lost to bulldozers and steam shovels.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also didn't see the 3 dig the alleged original pit, so what is your obsessive point?

Never said I did. What I am saying is that you, singlestack or no one else knows for sure what did or did not happen in the area back then. PERIOD. I never claimed to know which is why I always say maybe, or it's possible as I DO NOT KNOW FOR 100% SURE. JUST AS NO ONE ELSE DOES. So there is no way that singlestack should be saying it is a fact that none of it happened. He wasn't there and can't say what did happen... He has yet to answer what I asked of him yesterday as he apparently has no answer so he just repeats himself over and over again to convince himself that he is right. He is not convincing anyone else..

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No....100% proven. If digging up all the areas supposedly containing a money pit, flood tunnels, flood tunnel inlets at smith's cove, etc. to deep depths and finding nothing many times over is not proof, then perhaps you a member of the same secret freemason/templar/martian group as franklin?......
There is a group of Freemasons that drive around in tiny vehicles.....could it be? lol

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Never said I did. What I am saying is that you, singlestack or no one else knows for sure what did or did not happen in the area back then. PERIOD. I never claimed to know which is why I always say maybe, or it's possible as I DO NOT KNOW FOR 100% SURE. JUST AS NO ONE ELSE DOES. So there is no way that singlestack should be saying it is a fact that none of it happened. He wasn't there and can't say what did happen... He has yet to answer what I asked of him yesterday as he apparently has no answer so he just repeats himself over and over again to convince himself that he is right. He is not convincing anyone else..
Well we read your line and you read mine and you also repeat time after time and nothing has changed or convinced minds.
What it claimed about repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results, n2mini?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but if I stop trying to keep ya'll in check any poor souls who venture in here will think ya'll have it figured out and you don't... If someone started reading Singlestacks posts about the original 3 being drunks and they never dig dig a hole, took a boat to ride around an island they lived on that would have only taken 15-20 minutes to walk from one end to the other, they will either think he is GOD and knows everything or he is off his rocker, which is what I think...and the rest of ya'll that think any of that is true well your sitting right next to him or maybe have already made it to the floor...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here again your basing your thinking on the boys never telling their story till 40-60 years later, yet there were other people/companies that came in and dug with them and after them so apparently the word was out and or written about long before then... Can you not understand that..

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Yes considering the story set in 1795 of 3 youths exiting an inhabited island to discover evidence of digging is false for as everyone knows by that date Smith was the owner of land on the island and living there....

You don't get much traction in having people take your idea seriously if what it is based on is known to be false already.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions