Oak Island - The contrarian views thread! Ver.II arrgggg! arrgggg!

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was no Freemasons, nor Templars, nor Rosicrucians burying anything on Oak island. Period.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But here's to hoping your dig ends just like this fictional one!
Count1.JPG
Count2.JPG

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely correct to you. But to me it is still wrong. When you are enlightened you will know which is correct.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
these guy's must have a book with all the treasures in it , they know so much about these secret societies and we all know they had books and maps of these treasures and easily found that those so called treasures and know where they are all hidden .....or not . i say treasure hunters could care less what naysayers say or nobody would ever find nothin . a real th'ers glass is ALWAYS half full....

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to all the goings on on the island from 1641 to 2006 the real interesting stuff is in the 1960's time line ..... lots of shady activity by a lot of people Th Nolan and Dunfield information along with some Blankenship activity is real interesting...
Chronology of the Oak Island Treasure Hunt (1960-1972)

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to all the goings on on the island from 1641 to 2006 the real interesting stuff is in the 1960's time line ..... lots of shady activity by a lot of people Th Nolan and Dunfield information along with some Blankenship activity is real interesting...
Chronology of the Oak Island Treasure Hunt (1960-1972)

Yep.....more evidence that nothing of significance was ever on hoax island

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is this. Granted to no way to prove it or that it came from oak island if true. Written in 1991. from above link..

September 9
A newspaper article (likely in Halifax) appears about Carl Mosher. Mosher says in about 1925 his grandmother showed him a wooden trunk containing about 25 heavy white canvas bags of gold. His grandmother was Lucy Vaughan, relative of Anthony Vaughan, one of the diggers of 1795. The trunk was said to have come from Oak Island. At some point, Uncle Edward Vaughan took the trunk, and disappeared, leaving his property, business, wife, and family. [4.215]

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
September 9
A newspaper article (likely in Halifax) appears about Carl Mosher. Mosher says in about 1925 his grandmother showed him a wooden trunk containing about 25 heavy white canvas bags of gold. His grandmother was Lucy Vaughan, relative of Anthony Vaughan, one of the diggers of 1795. The trunk was said to have come from Oak Island. At some point, Uncle Edward Vaughan took the trunk, and disappeared, leaving his property, business, wife, and family. [4.215]

If I were to offer a contrary story (and get it printed in a newspaper), would you believe me? I mean, it's my word against theirs. The only difference is that they got a local paper to publish theirs, but I can get a local paper to publish mine. Neither of us have the barest shred of physical evidence, but I can tell one hell of a good story.

I'm not saying that the story that I'd give you had any bit of truth to it. The entire thing would be a load of horse apples. I'm merely attempting to gauge your how your belief structure works, and what the baseline standards for evidence are here.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have the info that is out there. I can't quote what is not there. I understand what your saying but why would the guy need or want to lie about it after all these years.. It would only bring unneeded attention to and about the family so why lie...Nothing could be gained by it... other then to get your name in the paper...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Nothing could be gained by it... other then to get your name in the paper...

How many times have people lied to get their name in the paper? I hope that you're not implying that this has never happened before.

But there is something else to be gained by it, particularly if you're running a company that's attempting to recover a mythical treasure and you're out of money. I'm not saying that that's ever happened, but...well, yes, I'm saying that that's happened. Maybe not every time, and maybe it wasn't intended to defraud, but yes, I'm pretty sure that it's happened.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here we go again. Someone offered up that link at top of page but everyone wants to pick and choose which parts to believe and claim it to be the truth while saying everything else is a lie... We only have the info that is there and I'm only going by what is written in the link...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here we go again. Someone offered up that link at top of page but everyone wants to pick and choose which parts to believe and claim it to be the truth while saying everything else is a lie... We only have the info that is there and I'm only going by what is written in the link...

The link reinforces the fact that nothing of significance was ever on oak island and folks have continued perpetuating a hoax in order to gain investor dollars...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what was on the report Dunfield got here.. Was good enough to keep him encouraged to continue on..

January
Robert Dunfield drills four 6-inch diameter holes in the Money Pit area down to almost 190 feet. At 140 feet, a 2-foot layer of wood is struck. After that, the drill drops through a 40-foot void to bedrock. Material removed is sent to University of Southern California in Los Angeles for spectrographic examination and chemical analysis. On receipt of results, kept private, Dunfield announces intent to proceed re-digging on large scale. [4.139] [5.103] [7.183]

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what was on the report Dunfield got here.. Was good enough to keep him encouraged to continue on..

January
Robert Dunfield drills four 6-inch diameter holes in the Money Pit area down to almost 190 feet. At 140 feet, a 2-foot layer of wood is struck. After that, the drill drops through a 40-foot void to bedrock. Material removed is sent to University of Southern California in Los Angeles for spectrographic examination and chemical analysis. On receipt of results, kept private, Dunfield announces intent to proceed re-digging on large scale. [4.139] [5.103] [7.183]

He kept the excitement up by keeping the results "private"....of course when the investors didn't send money he filled in his hole....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread