Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Guarantee!...You've got my word on it!

Can you guarantee that the symbols someone in the past drew match those that were actually on the stone? If not, anything else is just a guess.

satistaction-guaranteed_picnik.jpg

One's Guess may be Another's Theory!

My theory is that the thousands of viewers who viewed and drew pictures of this stone while it spent the year in the bookstore window...Did just that.

They drew the symbols wrong and recorded the stone upside down.

What appeared to them as an "X" was really the Hebrew "Alef" the "C" a backwards Hebrew "Vet" etc...

Hebrew.gif

nikkudot.png

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was listening to a couple of guys talk today, they were really down on most of the TV shows like "Oak Island" "Gold Rush' etc. Why I thought about this thread was all the folks who seem to hate the show but watch it every week.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many who hate this show and the brothers watch the show, because if not, that would be the night the treasures would be found. I believe the story, good hunting and good luck to the brothers.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1238778

One's Guess may be Another's Theory!

My theory is that the thousands of viewers who viewed and drew pictures of this stone while it spent the year in the bookstore window...Did just that.

They drew the symbols wrong and recorded the stone upside down.

What appeared to them as an "X" was really the Hebrew "Alef" the "C" a backwards Hebrew "Vet" etc...

View attachment 1238781

View attachment 1238782

What proof exists that a stone in a bookstore is one that came from a hole on oak island? What proof do you have that the stone was not a hoax?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When it comes to "Evidence for Oak Island"..."Proof is more of a Belief"!

What proof exists that a stone in a bookstore is one that came from a hole on oak island? What proof do you have that the stone was not a hoax?

proof1.jpg

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but checks when you say the paint is wet?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
To Be, or not to Be!

Sir Francis Bacon.jpg

That was the question… That, Sir Francis Bacon asked himself each day.

Whether to divulge himself as claimed by many to be the true first born son of Queen Elizabeth I and the Earl of Leicester, Lord Robert Dudley, and possibly suffer the same fate of execution as his younger brother Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex

Or

Whether to divulge as he had with the translation of the King James Bible, his role with the masterminding and accumulating of enlightened writers and actors to produce his works under the synonym “William Shakespeare” to reveal his truths through the theater to the common person.

To do!

Was to confide within his secret organization of fellow Rosicrucians and Freemasons to preserve his secret until the day this truth could be revealed.

The Freemasons honored his final wish with their construction of the Tomb of Sir Francis Bacon aka rightful “King of England” and "Revered Friend", on Oak Island.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many who hate this show and the brothers watch the show, because if not, that would be the night the treasures would be found. I believe the story, good hunting and good luck to the brothers.

Well I for one used to watch the show and thought it was ridiculous but at least entertaining at times. Last season was just a joke ..period. Now I don't bother wasting my time. The "Only Occasionally History Channel" is full of these foolish shows. They can drain that island and dig it to below sea level and wont find a thing because there is nothing there to find. As far as the bothers go, the older one should stop bleeding his even more delusional younger brother to death. So if you like to watch the show I say watch it but Iam done wasting my limited viewing time and i'll eat my socks on youtube if these buffoons find some imaginary Templar treasure.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sit Back...Pet your Cat... and "Enjoy the Show"...You are in good Hands!

Could somebody help these brothers find the treasures, so we all can go back watching our pets sleep?

Enjoy the Show.jpg

As a "Member" of the "Treasure Net Forum" take a front row seat, relax and enjoy, as we work to solve this "Mystery" "Once and for All"!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Samuel Ball...One of the few who claimed "Riches"!

Samuel Ball's property on Oak Island
samballLots.jpg
Samuel Ball was born in South Carolina in 1765 to a very poor black family.

"Many black men were offered all sorts of promises by the British forces during the American Revolution and none were so promising than the chance for some land and to be free. Adopting the name of his former master, Ball made his way to New York serving with General Henry Clinton and then spent some time Major Ward in the Jersey’s where he served until the end of the war on January 14, 1784 with the signing of the Treaty of Paris. It was also reported that he served some time with Lord Cornwallis after the war. From here, Ball made his way to Shelburne Nova Scotia and lived there for two years. Not being at all happy with his treatment in Shelburne, he then pulled up stakes and moved to Chester where it is reported he lived for several years. He bought a piece of land on Oak Island and then was granted 4 acres more at lot number 32. As time went on, he eventually owned around 100 acres of land, and an island called Hook Island along with his farm on Oak Island consisting of around 36 acres.
The census of 1791 says he was a farmer on Oak Island at that time"

"Samuel Ball owned nine (9) four (4) acre lots on Oak Island by number as follows: lot #s 6, 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, and 32 as shown on the above map."

"Samuel Ball and a “servant,” Isaac Butler, worked and cleared the 35-acre farm."

It has been stated that Samuel Ball purchased these properties not from farming cabbage but paid with coinage possibly found on his property at Oak Island.

Here are my thoughts on Samuel Ball:

I believe that Samuel Ball was originally given one lot on Oak Island for his service to England during the Revolutionary War with the United States.

This land being on an island was both inexpensive and isolated with him being a black ex slave.

While working his land he came across a cache of shallow buried coinage, jewels and items.

These items were not the Treasures of Oak Island buried by the British Freemasons, but rather the plunder of the Navy and Military Recruits brought with them from their Havana Cuba expedition.

When the Canadian Grenadiers were sent to Cuba in 1762 and stayed several months, they were sent to replace their British counterparts.

These British Recruits went to build the Oak Island Money Pit.

With 2nd -In-Charge Keppel and Admiral Pocock plundering Morro Castle, the British soldiers were plundering the civilian populace.

Taking what they could with them to Oak Island, they required somewhere to safe guard their booty and that would have been many shallow buried caches about the island away from the main excavations.

These soldiers rotated their leave at Halifax and it had been reported that British soldiers were seen in Pubs and Stores paying for goods and services with Spanish coinage.

It would stand to reason that after thousands of British soldiers having died in Cuba from Yellow Fever, that this dreaded fever would have followed them back to Oak Island.

When the British Freemasons had completed their plan on Oak Island after 1762 and left, many a British soldier did not return with them nor return to reclaim their caches hidden on the island.

I believe Samuel Ball located some of these caches on his property.

He appeared to be very respective of the law so would prefer to purchase each lot prior to treasure hunting.

I assume that the Government in Halifax would not sell the property which housed the Treasure Pit and Vault.

I believe it was he who was the original discoverer of the Oak Island Money Pit finding the indentation under the Oak Tree and putting the treasure theory together.

Daniel McGinnis, John Smith, and Anthony Vaughan were all stated to be friends and associates of Samuel Ball and it is amongst these four individuals that the Money Pit exploration took place, with Samuel Ball acting as a silent partner due to his race.

Upon Samuel Ball’s death, he willed his share to his servant and accomplice Isaac Butler.

Remains of Samuel Ball's House on Oak Island:

Samuel Ball's Hse.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Was "Remote Viewing" used to view what might be "The Ark of the Covenant"?

The-Ark-of-the-Covenant.png

It appears that the Farsight Institute acquired the services of an Remote Viewer named Daz Smith in December 2013.

Remote Viewing is the belief in someone having the ability to view and understand certain visions they acquire while in a trance.

"The Oak Island Money Pit This project was a client based project run by Courtney Brown of the Farsight Institute. The second RV session on paper in this files was recorded LIVE on multiple cameras with a camera team from a film studio. This was my first ever RV experiment on camera.
Feedback: The target is the well that is now known as the Oak Island money pit on Oak Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. The target time is when the well was first being dug by people from a Western culture. The viewer should describe the people involved in the digging, their clothing, and the extent of their digging activities. The viewer should also perceive and describe why they are digging at that location."

http://www.remoteviewed.com/wp-cont...k-Island-Money-Pit-remote-viewing-project.pdf

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
"A feel of natural land but manipulated, changed by man also."

We might as well wrap it up now. But just in case that it wasn't changed by man, who manipulated it?

Sometimes I think that the people looking for treasure on Oak Island are trying to discredit it.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could Oak Island's Treasure be Knights Templar Treasure via "Latvia"?

Posted in "Treasure Legends" by J.A.A.

Could Templar Treasures Be In Present Day Latvia?
Hello all-
Here's an interesting story regarding the Treasure of the Knights Templar that I've personally not heard of before. Supposedly, it was hidden in/around certain castles throughout present day Latvia, at least for a short while. Just for sake of my own curiosities, I'm in the process of fact-checking the sources of the article (if possible) to see what can/cannot be substantiated. Still a fun read nonetheless.

All the best-
Justin

P.S. Should any of you have any more information on this particular theory/story, please do not hesitate to do so! Like I said, of all the places this treasure "supposedly" ended up, this isn't one I've ever heard of before.
I greatly appreciate everyone's opinions or thoughts on the subject!
Enjoy!!

TEMPLAR TREASURES
The hidden riches of the Knights Templar continue to beguile the world’s treasure seekers. In present-day Latvia, searches have been going on for decades, from Count Cagliostro in 1779 to Hitler's “Ahnenerbe” expeditions in the 1940s. Even the Soviet KGB looked for the Holy Grail. It is a question that torments history scholars and treasure hunters alike.

Friday October 13, 1307 is the date widely accepted as being the day the Knights Templar were annihilated, but in fact the purge is documented to have continued until 1314 – a seven-year period that allowed ample time for the remaining Knights to vanish, taking with them their secrets and wealth.

Having been betrayed and abandoned by the Church and hoodwinked by the King, the Templars disbanded. Individual groups merged into several other European orders. But one segment of the Knights Templar, the one bearing all of the order’s great secrets, artifacts and gold, needed a safer haven than their brothers had found.
Protecting themselves was secondary to protecting their treasures. So the search began for the perfect hiding place. Connoisseurs of historical legends and myths are convinced that the mysterious Knights Templar gold was stored in Marienburg – the historical name of Aluksne, a town located in present-day Latvia, in a castle of the Livonian Order.

You can still hear legends told by the locals about the gold of the Knights Templar once stored in the castle. Information has also been published online. Ships full of treasure sailed to Latvia, they say, and some of it is still hidden there.

But how was such a huge amount of gold transported there unnoticed? The answer is simple. At that time France was already exporting wine in barrels in different directions. Some of the barrels were half-filled with treasure then covered with a layer of wax, and second half with wine. The barrels were transported to Latvia and kept in the castle’s wine cellars together with the usual barrels.

14th Century Boomtown
Riga began to develop as a centre of Viking-dominated trade during the early Middle Ages. The Chronicle of Henry of Livonia testifies to the city having long been a trading centre by the 12th century, referring to it as an ancient port and describing dwellings and warehouses used to store mostly corn, flax and hides. Officially, the city was founded in 1201 by Bishop Albert I. Albert landed in Riga in the year 1200 with 23 ships and around a thousand eager crusaders.

The Livonian Brothers of the Sword, later called the Livonian Order, was founded by Bishop Albert himself. Before his arrival, though, Rigans had been quite poor, with just two small stone castles and a wooden church, a parsonage, several warehouses and a pier. That was all they could manage to operate with their funds. Then, abruptly, in 1315, just a year after the purge of the Knights Templar was supposedly completed, Riga and its surrounding territory experienced an unexplained economic boom. Almost simultaneously, construction began on no less than 34 castles complete with towers and excellent access roads. Buildings popped up like weeds. Foreign architects and bricklayers were brought into Livonia to ensure the quality of these massive building projects. Where did this tremendous and sudden wealth come from?

Some argue that the Baltic region's warm seaports may have suddenly begun to export many more goods. During this era, however, records show that the region was importing much more than it was exporting. In fact, nothing at all seemed to change dramatically during this time, except for the mysterious economic windfall.
It is believed that Knights Templar were never fully destroyed. The knights joined other orders and passed their knowledge from generation to generation. A red eight-pointed cross was embroidered on their coats of arms; the Livonian one is identical, but black. And both orders had the same patron saint, Maria Magdalena.

All Paths Lead To Aluksne
The name of Aluksne was first mentioned in the Pskov Chronicles in 1285 under the names of Olysta, Alyst, and Volyst. The castle of the Livonian knights was built here in 1342 on the biggest of the islands in Aluksne Lake. It was named Marienburg, after Mary, mother of Jesus, and a settlement that emerged around it became known as Marienburg as well.

Some historians are sure that the castle was built with the purpose of hiding Templar gold and documentation. But the question is the same: where was the gold hidden? Archaeologists say that crocks filled with gold were immured in the castle walls, under the windows where the walls were almost 2 meters wide. Others argue that the treasures were hidden not inside the castle but nearby. The Templars were masters at creating hidden cellars and underground passages. It is known that all Livonian castles had them. Whatever repository was built for the treasure was constructed separately and camouflaged carefully.
Arnold von Vietinghoff was the commander of the castle and later he became Master of the Livonian Order – a post apparently given to the Templar “treasure keeper”.

Over the centuries the castle has been a desirable target. Today, on island in the middle of the lake, only the ruins of the castle can be seen. Marienburg was captured by the troops of Ivan the Terrible of Russia in 1560 during the Livonian War. Later, in 1582, it was incorporated into the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Then the town became part of the Swedish Empire in 1629, but not for long. A Russian army led by General Sheremetev captured the town during the Great Northern War in 1702. Since the Swedes did not want to leave it to the Russians, Swedish Captain Wolf blew it up. Sheremetev was furious. But, according to historical evidence, before the blast all of the castle’s treasures were transported out through secret underground tunnels under the lake.

The war between Russia and Sweden ended with the signing of the Treaty of Nystad in 1721. Marienburg was under Russian occupation for the next two centuries. Russian Empress Elizabeth gave the city as a gift to her chancellor, Count Voroncov, and he in turn sold it to a secret adviser, none other than Count Otto Herman von Vietinghoff, heir of Arnold von Vietinghoff. The career of this uncouth Baltic baron, who retired from the Russian army when he was 35 years old, skyrocketed. His posts rapidly improved, from secret councilor to senator to director of the medical board and finally to chief patron of the Russian Empire.

In Riga, he established the famous House of Musse, the first club for the aristocracy, with a theater where the likes of Richard Wagner and Clara Schumann performed. The best architect was hired, Christoph Haberland, who also built the grand-looking Lutheran church in Aluksne and designed the surrounding park. The von Vietinghoffs were secured for posterity. Each generation built its own castle in the vicinity of the town. In 1868, the latest von Vietinghoff moved into a luxurious new castle built in the Tudor Gothic style. Intriguingly, behind this castle stands the family wine cellar; who knows, perhaps this is the place where the treasures ended up.

Not To Be Missed In Aluksne
1. The new castle of Aluksne with its surrounding parks – the residence of the von Vietinghoffs will impress with its architectural majesty and aura. The main facade with its polygonal hall is buttressed to the north and the park terrace has a panoramic view of the lake. Unfortunately, the family took most of the decor with them when they traveled to Germany in the early years of the 20th century. Behind the castle you’ll see the wine cellar.

2. The Mountain of the Temple (Templakalns) is a 35-meter-high hill on a peninsula in Lake Aluksne with a granite structure on the top which von Vietinghoff built in 1807 in memory of the Great Northern War and its key commanders, the Swedish Captain Wolf and his foe Russian Field-Marshal Sheremetev.

3. The ruins of the Livonian Castle on Maria's Island. In subsequent centuries it was inhabited by Germans, Russians, Poles and Swedes and it remains the most popular spot for treasure seekers. Some objects have been found, but it is believed that plenty more are still buried.

4. Aluksne’s Lutheran church, built between 1781 and 1788 on the initiative of Otto von Vietinghoff, is a remarkable example of early Latvian Classicism. The architect was Christoph Haberland and the tower stands more than 55 meters tall. The size of the church is surprising for such a small town as Aluksne. Inside, there’s a collection of paintings and the original copy of the very first Bible translated into Latvian.

And Onwards To Kuldiga
Kuldiga, an ancient picturesque town in Courland (Kurzeme), is as covered with historical legends as Aluksne. The origin of its name is unclear, though initially the castle here with fortifications around it was named Jesusbourg. Then, in 1245, it was mysteriously renamed Goldingen, or "store of gold".

At that time this Livonian castle was the biggest in the region, but unfortunately it was destroyed. The ruins show of a lot of niches, perhaps evidence of secret underground tunnels and storage areas for gold. The castle’s commander was Arnold von Vietinghoff – the same man who led Marienburg. The statutes of the Livonian Order were changed so that the commander of Kuldiga and Aluksne possessed exclusive and unlimited power. He was allowed to keep his own army, but could start a war only with the approval of the master of the order.

After the collapse of the Livonian Order, its last master, Gotthard Kettler, managed two duchies at the same time – Courland and Semigalia. After the Poles captured Semigalia and the castles of Marienburg and Viljandi, Kettler kept the gold within the borders of Kuldiga. He moved to Mitau (now Jelgava), but the rest of the family stayed in Goldingen, guarding the treasures. On his deathbed, Kettler divided the duchy between his sons. Eastern Courland, managed from Jelgava, was given to the eldest son Ferdinand Kettler, the western part, managed from Kuldiga, to
Wilhelm Kettler.

In 1610, Wilhelm’s son was born, Duke Jacob, who is well known in Latvian history. He was the godson of James I of England. The question arises: why should such a powerful monarch care about the heir to a small and insignificant duchy on the edge of Europe? Was it because Wilhelm Kettler was continuously lending money to the English king, probably taken from the Templar treasures?

Over time, the debt reached 1,800 pounds, a significant sum in those days. When Jacob was already a Duke, he demanded the money back, but unfortunately the English king had no such money. In return, he offered the island of Tobago to the duchy. The Duchy of Courland and Kuldiga now experienced a boom, including countless new factories and textile mills and the construction of a fleet of ships. It is certainly believable that Duke Jacob was the heir to the Templar treasures. At the time Kuldiga was even called Little Versailles as the town shone with glory and modern development.

During the Great Northern War in 1702, King Karl XII of Sweden stayed there for more than a week – searching for the treasure secretly. Even his personal bodyguards were sent back to Sweden. The castle was destroyed during the war. But in 1764 the famous lover and adventurer Giacomo Girolamo Casanova was hired to search for treasure in Courland.

The search continues today. Some serious archaeologists are positive that the land of Latvia hides far more than Templar treasure. They are certain that in the coming years even the fabled Holy Grail, rumored to have been kept by the mysterious Knights Templar, will be found in Kuldiga as there are plenty of signs indicating the location…

TIMELINE:
Templar Timeline
1118 The Order of the Knights Templar is born. Journeys to Israel.
1127 The Knights Templar return to France.
1139 A Papal Bull is issued by Pope Innocent II stating that the Knights Templar should owe allegiance to none other than the Pope.
1146 The Knights Templar order adopt a splayed red cross as their emblem.
1307 Templar ships leave La Rochelle, heading in an unknown direction with much of their wealth.
1307 Knights Templar are arrested in Paris and charged with heresy.
1312 All property owned by the Templars is transferred to the Knights of St John (The Hospitallers).
1314 Jacques de Molay and Geoffroi de Charney are burned at the stake.

Source: Best of Riga, Latvia - Tourist guides, maps and reviews
Published on 12/24/09

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The World May Change…But The Logic of Man Stays the Same!

Aluksne Castle.png

I never could understand the logic in the story of the Knights Templar taking their hard earned Booty of Treasure and Priceless Religious Artifacts on rickety boats across the then unknown Atlantic Ocean to the New World.

There in a barren, desolate, Country, digging a hole to bury the treasure and then never returning to recover it or any of these Knights going back to their Societies in Europe.

It would be more the style of The Knights Templar as a privateer organization, to try and buy with their great wealth, sanctuary from other countries as they had done in France and Scotland, until the "Curse" of this "Treasure" made them wanted men.

The Knights Templar found that their Treasure from the “Holy Lands” was both a “Blessing “and a “Curse”.

The theory presented of having them in the 1300's, after their forced leave from Scotland, returning to the country (Latvia) and reunifying with their counterparts “The Teutonic Knights" would make sense.

After their failures in France and then Scotland, one might hope “Third Time Lucky”

At Latvia, they would have lived the life they had dreamed of from their conquest booty.

Building such grand castles as Alunksne Castle, built in the Moorish Style and supplying them with the needed time to launder their gold through associated banking connections.

The Knights Templar would have found Latvia to be a safe harbor for themselves and their generations until the late 1500’s when Ivan The Terrible conquered them.

What may have become of the Knights Templar's "Long and Winding Road".?

One might follow a “Map” as the saying goes… "All Roads Lead To...Oak Island."

My theory would show these wanted men in Europe forming a new underground society.

That Society, which started in Germany in the 1600’s, is known as “The Rosicrucian’s” the Brotherhood of the Rose Cross.

Rose and Cross.jpg

Latter 1600's, these enlightened men brought their treasures back to Scotland as Rosicrucian’s and having met the likes of Sir Francis Bacon joined the revised Freemasons.

In 1760 the Freemasons tired and threatened by the ongoing wars in Europe, devised and instigated a plan to build Oak Island as a depository for all their treasures in the New World.

Freemasons Symbol.jpg

What is the “Final Story” of the Knights Templar Treasure on Oak Island?

I believe it is our Generation's Story, and that Story is still left “Unsaid”.

Unfortunately, once revealed, it may show what is the real “Curse” in The Curse of Oak Island.

Illuminati Symbol.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1264320

I never could understand the logic in the story of the Knights Templar taking their hard earned Booty of Treasure and Priceless Religious Artifacts on rickety boats across the then unknown Atlantic Ocean to the New World.

Don't know much about boats do we Robot?

First, the boats were not rickety and second the Atlantic Ocean was not unknown.
Templar historian, Piers Paul Read, writes in his book "The Templars" pg. 252, "Cargo ships were built to carry the Templar cargos and in 1293 six galleys were purchased from Venice. These formed part of a fleet that in July 1300 made a number of raids on the coast of Egypt and Syria,"

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Wisdom is not Knowing Everything in Something but Knowing Something in Everything!

Don't know much about boats do we Robot?

First, the boats were not rickety and second the Atlantic Ocean was not unknown.
Templar historian, Piers Paul Read, writes in his book "The Templars" pg. 252, "Cargo ships were built to carry the Templar cargos and in 1293 six galleys were purchased from Venice. These formed part of a fleet that in July 1300 made a number of raids on the coast of Egypt and Syria,"

Cheers, Loki

Knights Templar Boat.jpg

I do not know everything about boats, but I do know the difference between a boat and a ship.

These 13th Century Boats used by the Knights Templar were "undersized" for carrying the necessary tons of gold, provisions, and sailors; "square sailed" preventing their ships from tacking against the Prevailing Winds, lack of "precise tracking" of Longitude Position; limited "knowledge" of crossing the precarious Atlantic Ocean.

This is not to say that in desperate situations that a crossing could or could not have been made, only that it would have been a lack of "Wisdom" by these enlightened Knights to have chosen to do so.

The exceptions of crossing the Atlantic has been proven by men in Dinghies having crossed it, to men in the Titanic having failed.

"The earliest references to Templar ships outside the kingdom of Jerusalem come in the first decades of the thirteenth century, when they were operating at Constantinople and in the Bay of Biscay, In 1224 King Henry III of England hired a Templar ship, 'the Great Ship' and its captain, Brother Thomas of the Temple of Spain, for use in his wars in France. Henry later bought the ship from the Master of the Temple in Spain for 200 marks and kept it. Presumably the Templars in Spain had a few ships, if they could spare this one. As mentioned above in the account of his abortive crusade, the Templars of Aragorn accompanied James I of Aragorn as he set sail for the east, but their ship’s rudder broke, and they did not have a spare. This does not indicate great naval expertise or investment."
The Knights Templar, A new history, Helen Nichlson. 2001

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1264717

I do not know everything about boats, but I do know the difference between a boat and a ship.

These 13th Century Boats used by the Knights Templar were "undersized" for carrying the necessary tons of gold, provisions, and sailors; "square sailed" preventing their ships from tacking against the Prevailing Winds, lack of "precise tracking" of Longitude Position; limited "knowledge" of crossing the precarious Atlantic Ocean.

This is not to say that in desperate situations that a crossing could or could not have been made, only that it would have been a lack of "Wisdom" by these enlightened Knights to have chosen to do so.

The exceptions of crossing the Atlantic has been proven by men in Dinghies having crossed it, to men in the Titanic having failed.

"The earliest references to Templar ships outside the kingdom of Jerusalem come in the first decades of the thirteenth century, when they were operating at Constantinople and in the Bay of Biscay, In 1224 King Henry III of England hired a Templar ship, 'the Great Ship' and its captain, Brother Thomas of the Temple of Spain, for use in his wars in France. Henry later bought the ship from the Master of the Temple in Spain for 200 marks and kept it. Presumably the Templars in Spain had a few ships, if they could spare this one. As mentioned above in the account of his abortive crusade, the Templars of Aragorn accompanied James I of Aragorn as he set sail for the east, but their ship’s rudder broke, and they did not have a spare. This does not indicate great naval expertise or investment."
The Knights Templar, A new history, Helen Nichlson. 2001

Not at all, a much earlier reference according to Templar historian ,Piers Paul Read, in his book "The Templars" pg. 215 "By the mid-twelfth century [c.1150] the Order [Templars] had built its own fleet of galleys which transported horses, grain, arms, pilgrims and military personal".

Undersized? Here are some of the specifications for a Venetian galley ordered by Charles I of Sicily in 1275; length 39.30 meters, keel length 28.03 meters, depth, 2.08 meters, hull width 3.67 meters, width between outriggers 4.45 meters, 108 oars most 6.81 meters long, some 7.86 meters long, 2 steering oars 6.03 meters long, foremost and middle mast 16.08 meters and 11.00 meters, overall deadweight tonnage 80 metric tons.

The crossing of the Atlantic was done much earlier by the Vikings and very often with families which attests to the relative safety of the crossing. It has also been shown that Viking families arrived in Newfoundland in about 1000 AD. Btw, did the Vikings have better sails?
A replica of the 11th century Viking ship Gokstad 23.80 meters long crossed the Atlantic just over a century ago, sailing on to Chicago.

A lack of wisdom? again I don't think so.

Are you going to agree with Helen on the number of Templar ships? Because I can provide sources that mention great Templar fleets. And lets not forget about their own lucrative wine trade, up and down the Atlantic Coast even to England from a Port they had complete control of, La Rochelle.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of that said.....still no proof that any of the ships visited oak island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread