Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Knight's Templar. Treasures of Sir Henry Sinclair's ship, the Katherine. One half was recovered in 1770, the other one half was left. The Shafts and tunnels were dug long before Sinclair's voyage...
There is NO evidence outside of the highly questionable Sinclair journals "discovered" by Diana Jean Muir of Henty Sinclair's voyage to Oak Island with Templars or of him possessing and transporting any treasure, Templar or otherwise.
Contemporary documents written during Henry Sinclair's life or shortly after, have Sinclair defending the Scottish border honoring his Oath of Fealty during the time of this alleged fictional voyage.
If you have any real historical documentation outside of Muir, Wolter, or other quasi historians that this Sinclair voyaged actually happened, PLEASE, by all means, bring it forth.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knight's Templar. Treasures of Sir Henry Sinclair's ship, the Katherine. One half was recovered in 1770, the other one half was left. The Shafts and tunnels were dug long before Sinclair's voyage. They were dug from 7th Century up to the 12th Century. They were nothing but mines. The treasure was not buried in the "Money Pit."

Total fiction......along with the star-1cig reference....before the thread is finished many more will pop in with different constellation maps, Ley line mappings, etc.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Total fiction......along with the star-1cig reference....before the thread is finished many more will pop in with different constellation maps, Ley line mappings, etc.
There seems to be no end to the ridiculous BS theories flying around, but I still have not heard one about aliens..........yet, lol

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Seriously......don’t you think that the marker stone they just found on Oak Island is just too small to actually have been a survey stone?
And silence as a response......as expected

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no rules on what size a "marker" stone has to be and maybe at one point it was bigger and or part of something else by looking of the edges on it... or maybe it was just a corner marker for a property lot...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There are no rules on what size a "marker" stone has to be and maybe at one point it was bigger and or part of something else by looking of the edges on it... or maybe it was just a corner marker for a property lot...
True, and a good point about it being part of a larger structure.
considering that it may have been a marker stone for a treasure vault, as a stand alone piece, it would need to be larger, if it moved over the course of say two years, they would never have been able to relocate the vault.
the surveyors would not have taken the chance of that happening. So then, if it was part of a larger structure, where is that larger structure?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They did GPS the location but they should not have moved that Stone. Stupid. I could have placed a staff or long straight stick in the hole and found out the next station to go to. But since they moved it and the other two drilled stones. Awful. They could have found the treasure by following the markers right to the location.
That should not be a problem since you know where the treasure vault is, maybe you could tell them.
if only you spoke jovetos, lol

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar
You'd be better off that you are, than to dig the money pit

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, and a good point about it being part of a larger structure.
considering that it may have been a marker stone for a treasure vault, as a stand alone piece, it would need to be larger, if it moved over the course of say two years, they would never have been able to relocate the vault.
the surveyors would not have taken the chance of that happening. So then, if it was part of a larger structure, where is that larger structure?

As with most all stuff on OI people years ago did not care about taking notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them. I've never understood why no one back in the early 1800's did not have a better way of marking the exact location of the MP, but even if they did over the years with more clearing being done in the area, whatever they took measurements to would have been moved so then exact location is lost... My guess is that while that stone looks to be part of something else it is probably not a survey marker stone sitting in or around what they think is a pine tar kiln. It was probably just part of that structure somehow and got busted up over the years..

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knight's Templar. Treasures of Sir Henry Sinclair's ship, the Katherine. One half was recovered in 1770, the other one half was left. The Shafts and tunnels were dug long before Sinclair's voyage. They were dug from 7th Century up to the 12th Century. They were nothing but mines. The treasure was not buried in the "Money Pit."

http://www.alastairhamilton.com/sinclair.htm

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As with most all stuff on OI people years ago did not care about taking notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them. I've never understood why no one back in the early 1800's did not have a better way of marking the exact location of the MP, but even if they did over the years with more clearing being done in the area, whatever they took measurements to would have been moved so then exact location is lost... My guess is that while that stone looks to be part of something else it is probably not a survey marker stone sitting in or around what they think is a pine tar kiln. It was probably just part of that structure somehow and got busted up over the years..

My guess (LACKING any evidence to the contrary) is that no one took "notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them." is because they weren't "marking" anything more significant than lot boundaries...if, in fact they are truly "marker stones" used in surveying.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No reason to mark something that never existed in the first place......

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Probably not.

I have read the story. I still do not believe the story as I have read the story before. Sir Henry Sinclair did make an Expedition to Nova Scotia, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Not one trip but three trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread