Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... It's stuff like that, that isn't based on "here is the paper work and it says" that allows anyone to form their own beliefs on it and re-tale it as if it is a fact... Kinda like all the old "stories/articles" about OI....
Kinda like there is a hole in the ground at Oak Island so there must be pirate/ Templar/ Royal Navy Freemasons/ Henry Sinclair/ Joseph Smith Mormon treasure buried there.
It seems to be if anyone had treasure in the days of yesteryear, that came to Oak Island to bury it. :wink:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
apparently someone believed what Smith could do with the stone was true. Guessing in court he was a witness for Smith..

In 1996 there were 40 people who believed they were going to ride off earth in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet along with Marshall Applewhite of the Heaven's Gate cult. Believed sincerely enough to commit suicide at his behest. Not hard to find believers in anything.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Again Another Good Example..Of....Please Read My Lips!

According to Robot, everybody from Royal Navy Freemasons to Pirates to Joseph Smith came to Oak Island.
...But WHY Oak Island?

OOPS...my Avatar does not have "Lips"!

Anyways...as stated...“Please read this Thread for previous postings”.

Joseph_Smith,_Jr__(1843_photograph).jpg

I have never stated that The Prophet Joseph Smith ever left any Treasure on Oak Island or for that matter ever visited the island.

Fanny Young.jpg

I did state that it may have been reported that his ex wife Fanny Young prophesized of a Shaft now named "The Fanny Young Shaft" which is clouded in controversy.

I did state that The Prophet Joseph Smith reached out to Ethan Allen and the Freemasons of the Green Mountain Boys for support during his Trials. (
The Prophet Joseph Smith wrote his letter of appeal to the Green Mountain Boys who were founded by Ethan Allen.)

Why Oak Island?

It too has been given my explanation in this Thread!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I did state that The Prophet Joseph Smith reached out to Ethan Allen and the Freemasons of the Green Mountain Boys for support during his Trials.

Why Oak Island?

It too has been given my explanation in this Thread!

He did it with an Ouija Board if he did. Ethan Allan died in 1789. Joseph Smith wasn't born until 1805.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Joseph Smith prophet for the Mormons had several connections with Oak island and was very much into Freemasonry.
He also had connections with Vermont...
His claim was that an earlier civilization from Israel founded America and buried artifacts in mounds located in Vermont and Wayne County New York where at the Hill Cumorah he claimed to have discovered his golden plates.
You stated "several connections with Oak Island", which is more than two.
What are these other connections, Robot, my friend?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I look forward to future participation on this thread, by responding to these postings with my “Freemasons’ Perspectives” regarding these matters.
It has been noted that sometimes, Robot my friend, you don't appreciate some of the participation.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes my markers and those of the Freemasons all pertain to Celestial Markers...
These Freemasons were navigators and far too intelligent to rely on a piece of paper as a map or a scratched rock to mark their treasure.
The markers they chose will last forever!
...and were as accurate as Joseph Smith's ouija.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS...My Best Friend...How Perceptive You Have Become!

It has been noted that sometimes, Robot my friend, you don't appreciate some of the participation.

Perceptive.jpg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always been "perceptive", good friend Robot. I am pleased to see that you have finally noticed, even though it rook awhile.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Call Missed?

Season 8's call of an 18th Century... Ringed Wrought Iron Bolt Rod...May have missed its Target!

Oxen Bolt.png

Gary stated that it looked like this item was used to Anchor Spanish Galleons in the Swamp.

My opinion is that the Ships beached in the Swamp did not require Anchoring.

These Ships were to be Careened and Scuttled...Once all the Treasure, Metal and useable Wood was removed...they were burned.

Careening a Ship 4.jpg

They could have been secured in place by the many wooden stakes found by Fred and Rick in the Swamp.

Wooden Stake.jpg

My belief is that the Metal Rod was part of an Oxen Yoke used by the Oxen required to ferry the Treasure over to the Money Shaft and also used to ferry the Treasure back out of the Treasure Vault when the Freemasons Treasure was ready for removal.

Yoke Rod.jpg Yoke Beam.jpg Yoke Beam 2.jpg

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Where Did All The Boulders...Go?

Season 8 is busy discovering a Stone Causeway which the Lagina Brothers believe will lead to the Money Pit.

Oak Island - Road.png

My opinion is still that this Stone Road was started up at the North/East part of the Island where their Treasure Vault was located and lead down to their awaiting Ships at the Swamp Harbor.

It would be an explanation as to...Where Did All The Boulders Go...from the Boulderless Beach located there.

Boulderless Beach.jpg

Logic states that one would use the Boulders readily available to Start the Road...Not to...End the Road!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Season 8's call of an 18th Century... Ringed Wrought Iron Bolt Rod...May have missed its Target!
These Ships were to be Careened and Scuttled...Once all the Treasure, Metal and useable Wood was removed...they were burned.
They could have been secured in place by the many wooden stakes found by Fred and Rick in the Swamp.
My belief is that the Metal Rod was part of an Oxen Yoke used by the Oxen required to ferry the Treasure over to the Money Shaft and also used to ferry the Treasure back out of the Treasure Vault when the Freemasons Treasure was ready for removal.
Robot, my friend, you are basing your opinion that a treasure exists/existed on Oak Island nd have filled in the blanks with possible depositors of a possible treasure.
So far, for 200+ years there is NO evidence that supports your opinion.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1901966

Gary stated that it looked like this item was used to Anchor Spanish Galleons in the Swamp.

View attachment 1901960

View attachment 1901962

View attachment 1901963 View attachment 1901964 View attachment 1901965

Agree with everything except for treasure and a money pit as it has been proven that neither ever existed on oak island.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 8 is busy discovering a Stone Causeway which the Lagina Brothers believe will lead to the Money Pit.

View attachment 1901967

My opinion is still that this Stone Road was started up at the North/East part of the Island where their Treasure Vault was located and lead down to their awaiting Ships at the Swamp Harbor.

It would be an explanation as to...Where Did All The Boulders Go...from the Boulderless Beach located there.

View attachment 1901968

Logic states that one would use the Boulders readily available to Start the Road...Not to...End the Road!

The stone path was created to be able to cross an otherwise muddy area. It was not a path to an imaginary treasure or money pit.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a problem accepting that someone would spend an untold number of man hours and energy to build a path through a swamp that he could easily walk around. if it is a man made path, it had a much bigger purpose than saving a cabbage farmer a few minutes travel time.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a problem accepting that someone would spend an untold number of man hours and energy to build a path through a swamp that he could easily walk around. if it is a man made path, it had a much bigger purpose than saving a cabbage farmer a few minutes travel time.

Coming up with fictional vaults and fictional treasures to explain why a path was made across a muddy area is not a bigger purpose.

Yes, a rocky path was made thru a muddy area. No templars were involved.....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps they had no choice, the ability to travel around the swamp would depend upon who owned the property and if that person would allow such a trespass.
no.....wait a minute, a huge Templar treasure does make more sense. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a problem accepting that someone would spend an untold number of man hours and energy to build a path through a swamp that he could easily walk around...
...and you don't have a problem accepting that in the 1300's Templars had a treasure that was so fabulous that had to cross the Atlantic in vessels that were not constructed or capable of making that voyage during that time period to an unknown destination?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread