Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Advice...Read at least some of the Thread before Commenting!

I really have better things to do than read your Francis Bacon beliefs. But no, his life has nothing to do with any Earl of Gloucester.

Time to change the title of this thread from "Maybe” the "Truth”! to "Complete Fantasy!".

Who Comments.png

Start your Own Thread...You seem to have a Very Vivid Imagination with Very Little Research going into It!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak Island…The Strange…The Bizarre…And Maybe The Truth!

Oak Island - trees 5.jpg Oak Island Trees 2.jpg Oak Island - trees 1931.jpg Oak Island - trees 1935.jpg Oak Island - trees early 1900's.jpg Oak Island 1936.JPG

It is “Strange” that with the additional pictures I have located, that “No” Acacia Trees are located on the West Side of the island, only on the East Side.

It is “Bizarre” that no other pictures show these trees on any of the other 365 islands in Mahone Bay.

Critics have stated that these trees are not native to Oak Island and could not grow there.

I have read that these trees planted as seedlings and conditioned can grow in frost zone areas and this would explain why no new trees grew on the island, as no new seedlings would grow from seed.

It would explain why these trees are no longer on the island once their stated 200 year life span expired (1726-1935).

It is “Strange” that the “Acacia Tree” was the tree God instructed the Israelite's to construct the “Ark of the Covenant” with.

ark of the covenat.jpg

It is “Bizarre” that from the pictures, these trees appear to be lined up where the Critical Apex Points are located for the construction of La Buse’s Treasure Island.

Oak Island - Levassuer.jpg

“Maybe The Truth” is these Acacia Trees play an important role with the solution to the Mystery Of Oak Island.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Critics have stated that these trees are not native to Oak Island and could not grow there.

No. Critics stated these ARE oak trees. After all, it's not called "Acacia Island".

#1 - Noah's Arc is allegorical and could not have existed in this world. It was likely "borrowed" from the much older Babylonian Gilgamesh narrative of a raft and the man's farm animals.

#2 - The Bible stated it was "gopher wood". Not acacia. Most Hebrew scholars interpret that as cypress wood based on the ancient Hebrew translations.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Charlie...I Think You Really Missed The Boat Here!

No. Critics stated these ARE oak trees. After all, it's not called "Acacia Island".

#1 - Noah's Arc is allegorical and could not have existed in this world. It was likely "borrowed" from the much older Babylonian Gilgamesh narrative of a raft and the man's farm animals.

#2 - The Bible stated it was "gopher wood". Not acacia. Most Hebrew scholars interpret that as cypress wood based on the ancient Hebrew translations.

Missed the boat.jpg
Vachellia tortilis, widely known as Acacia tortilis but attributed by APG III to the Vachellia genus,[SUP][3][/SUP] is the umbrella thorn acacia, also known as umbrella thorn and Israeli babool,[SUP][4][/SUP] a medium to large canopied tree native primarily to the savanna and Sahel of Africa (especially Sudan), but also occurring in the Middle East.
Timber from the tree is used for furniture, wagon wheels, fence posts, cages, and pens. Vachellia wood was also used exclusively by the Israelites in the Old Testament in the building of the tabernacle and the tabernacle furniture, including the Ark of the Covenant.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For sure I missed that boat. 8.7 million different species on earth. Noah didn't have room to accommodate even the various beetles.

If you do a little more Googling you will see your Umbrella Thorn Acacia achieves a trunk diameter of about a foot outside of tropical regions. Great for fence posts. Try and build a ship large enough to hold two of 8.7 million species with 10" wide planks.

Your mistake is to take the Old Testament as historical or physically possible. It's a nice story, great moral compass, lousy text book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Charlie...I Think You Really Missed The Boat Here!...Again!

For sure I missed that boat. 8.7 million different species on earth. Noah didn't have room to accommodate even the various beetles.

If you do a little more Googling you will see your Umbrella Thorn Acacia achieves a trunk diameter of about a foot outside of tropical regions. Great for fence posts. Try and build a ship large enough to hold two of 8.7 million species with 10" wide planks.

Your mistake is to take the Old Testament as historical or physically possible. It's a nice story, great moral compass, lousy text book.

Missed the boat again.jpg

It is the Ark of a Different Name!

Ark Of The Covenant!...Not The Boat!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh! Well that changes everything. Acacia wood was the supposed source of the supposed Arc of the Covenant.

Why would they plant Acacia trees on Oak Island, doomed to fail because it's not tropical, because some mythical box at one time was said to hold bits of rock said at one time to be special by some guy said to exist that had 40 days to think up 10 laws? Were they planning to build more? But only the original scrolls/tablets would have any juju, so why bother?

If the thing was any good Israel would dominate the Earth. A bunch of goat-herders stole it from those sheep-herders without being vaporized or even greatly inconvenienced and it disappeared. Guess it didn't work after all. Zzzzzz.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could La Buse have captured "The Ark of The Covenant" onboard the "Nossa Senhora?

Oh! Well that changes everything. Acacia wood was the supposed source of the supposed Arc of the Covenant.

Why would they plant Acacia trees on Oak Island, doomed to fail because it's not tropical, because some mythical box at one time was said to hold bits of rock said at one time to be special by some guy said to exist that had 40 days to think up 10 laws? Were they planning to build more? But only the original scrolls/tablets would have any juju, so why bother?

If the thing was any good Israel would dominate the Earth. A bunch of goat-herders stole it from those sheep-herders without being vaporized or even greatly inconvenienced and it disappeared. Guess it didn't work after all. Zzzzzz.

On April 1721, it was during one of La Buse’s sailings that he perpetrated one of piracy's greatest exploits: the capture of the Portuguese great galleon Nossa Senhora do Cabo (Our Lady of the Cape) or Virgem Do Cabo (The Virgin of the Cape), loaded full of treasures belonging to the Bishop of Goa, also called the Patriarch of the East Indies, and the Viceroy of Portugal, who were both on board returning home to Lisbon.

Could the newly appointed
Inácio de Santa Teresa OSA ( Porto , November 22, 1682 - Faro , April 15, 1751 ) who was a Portuguese prelate been given the task of returning the Ark of the Covenant from its hiding place in India? .He was appointed Archbishop of Goa in 1721 , a position he held until 1740 .During his prelacy in Goa , he served twice as a member of the Governing Council of India India (12th and 13th Councils).

It was thought that the Portuguese with the onslaught of Muslim invasions in Northern Africa and with the help of the Fathers of the Church out of Ethiopia under the
Diocese of the Algarve may have transported the Ark of the Covenant to India.

Could this priceless relic been amongst the incredible treasures La Buse plundered?

You ask "Why
would Levasseur plant Acacia trees on Oak Island, doomed to fail because it's not tropical"?

Possibly, he had planned all along on them failing... to eventually conceal the location of this great "Treasure"!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ummm, yeah. I guess in an infinite universe anything is possible.

And your evidence is . . . ?

We're going to need a bigger island to hold all these wonderful things.

You'd have thought in 220 years of folks looking on such a small island that someone would have found something by now.

Or you could be like me and not be surprised at all. Because it's not there to find. Because it was never there to begin with. my approach is easier because I can change it quickly with evidence. Takes no long, hard stretches to try and tangle unrelated history to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything's Possible!

Ummm, yeah. I guess in an infinite universe anything is possible.

And your evidence is . . . ?

We're going to need a bigger island to hold all these wonderful things.

You'd have thought in 220 years of folks looking on such a small island that someone would have found something by now.

Or you could be like me and not be surprised at all. Because it's not there to find. Because it was never there to begin with. my approach is easier because I can change it quickly with evidence. Takes no long, hard stretches to try and tangle unrelated history to it.

I like how the Poet...Robert W. Service... may have stated in his Poem..."The Cremation of Sam McGee"

It goes something like this:

There are strange things done under an Acadian sun

By the Pirates who bury their gold;

Oak Island’s shores have their own secret lores

That would make your blood run cold;

The Island’s lights have shown such sights,

But the strangest there ever will be

Is when treasures abound, are the treasures found

Proving anything's possible, you see!

Pirates treasure.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Were The "Smith Family" of Oak Island...Born With A Silver Spoon In Their Mouth?

During last season's episodes a "Broken Silver Spoon" was found.

Silver Spoon.jpg

Silver Spoon - William Miller.jpg

It appears to have been manufactured by Philadelphia Silversmith, William Miller, working circa 1810-40

Trade Mark of W.Miller

Silver Spoon - W. Miller Trade mark.jpg

The engraving on the front appears to be those for John Charles Smith of Chester Nova Scotia and later Oak Island.

One of the discoverers of the Oak Island Money Pit.

Silver Spoon - John C. Smith.jpg

Caligraphy.jpg

"John Smith, and Sarah Floyd, were Legally joind in Marriage on the twenty Eighth day of September, one thousand, Seven hundred and Ninety. Recorded December 14th, 1790. Ebenezer Fitch, Town Clerk."
Chester Township Book - Marriages

After discovery of the pit area, John Smith buys Lot 18, the site of the pit, and builds a house. (He later buys lots 15, 16, 17, 19, and 20. He lives on the island until his death in 1857.

Could this found Silver Spoon been part of a set...A Silver Spoon Set given to the Smiths on their Silver Wedding Anniversary 1815?

Last edited:

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the key to the treasure! The treasure is there!
Let's get the treasure! I'll help you! I have out hooting
with MINERVA! WE DO OUR BEST WORK AT NIGHT!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome...Bill...To the Show!

I have the key to the treasure! The treasure is there!
Let's get the treasure! I'll help you! I have out hooting
with MINERVA! WE DO OUR BEST WORK AT NIGHT!

I see you are new to this forum and I have been monitoring your posts on the other "Threads" pertaining to "Oak Island".

One must admire your "Enthusiasm".

Ethusiasm.jpg

I do speak several languages, but I am at loss as to how I might communicate with you.

Maybe you could be more explicit as to any "Theories" where one might look to find a "Treasure" on an Island, as big as "Oak Island".

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On April 1721, it was during one of La Buse’s sailings that he perpetrated one of piracy's greatest exploits: the capture of the Portuguese great galleon Nossa Senhora do Cabo (Our Lady of the Cape) or Virgem Do Cabo (The Virgin of the Cape), loaded full of treasures belonging to the Bishop of Goa, also called the Patriarch of the East Indies, and the Viceroy of Portugal, who were both on board returning home to Lisbon.

Could the newly appointed
Inácio de Santa Teresa OSA ( Porto , November 22, 1682 - Faro , April 15, 1751 ) who was a Portuguese prelate been given the task of returning the Ark of the Covenant from its hiding place in India? .He was appointed Archbishop of Goa in 1721 , a position he held until 1740 .During his prelacy in Goa , he served twice as a member of the Governing Council of India India (12th and 13th Councils).

It was thought that the Portuguese with the onslaught of Muslim invasions in Northern Africa and with the help of the Fathers of the Church out of Ethiopia under the
Diocese of the Algarve may have transported the Ark of the Covenant to India.

Could this priceless relic been amongst the incredible treasures La Buse plundered?

You ask "Why
would Levasseur plant Acacia trees on Oak Island, doomed to fail because it's not tropical"?

Possibly, he had planned all along on them failing... to eventually conceal the location of this great "Treasure"!

This is very interesting Robot, I've always wondered if the Ark of the Covenant was part of the Labuse Treasure. The treasure on Oak Island is not that of Labuse though. But I do find alot of your research very interesting and alot of it ties up with my research.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is very interesting Robot, I've always wondered if the Ark of the Covenant was part of the Labuse Treasure. The treasure on Oak Island is not that of Labuse though. But I do find alot of your research very interesting and alot of it ties up with my research.....

Hi LabuseTreasure
Very exciting and look forward to maybe sharing some of your research with Forum Members on this Thread!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All The Oak Trees...Must Die...Before The Treasure...Will Be Revealed!

Has Anyone Noticed?

All the Marker Stones on this Island?

Oak Island 1936.JPG

It is beyond "Coincidental" that these stones where placed there by "Mother Nature".

The "Lagina Brothers" need to "Clear Cut" this part of the Island and "Survey" these "Stone Markers"!

They all seem to be a "Billboard" to where this "Treasure"...Lies!

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the Lagina brothers would somehow get in touch with me! They are just stubborn and do not want anybodies advice! Do they want to get the treasure or what I can help them and would help them!
I want to see the treasure. I know it's there! People want to know where the treasure is, and you tell them where it is located, they don't even go look, that's the way they are! They have no beauty, strength, or Wisdom! I pray that they cannot find the treasure on Earth, they find there treasure in the heavens!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread