Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Opinion...Charlie P. (NY)

'Cause one team of treasure hunters among the dozens of different groups that have arrived in the last century thought it easier to mark the structure they were putting up that way. Before the causeway was put in they would have needed docks and/or ramps.

Maybe these guys in 1897 . . .

View attachment 1558967

Or these guys in 1938 . . .

View attachment 1558971

I Do Not Believe this Roman Numeral Marked Beam is from the 19th or 20th Century.

Roman numeral logs.jpg

My Opinion...Is This Roman Numeral Marked Beam is in the Manner of the Freemason's 18th Century Depth Markers.

We will need to await Expert Verification as to its True Time Line!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If This Beam is Part of...An 18th Century Freemason's Pier and Breaker.

I think the real issue is, "what does any of this have to do with a hole in the ground that was placed there to hide treasure?" Where did this come from? Is it documented somewhere or is all of this just man made speculation?

Very Much!

Coffer Dam.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Do Not Believe this Roman Numeral Marked Beam is from the 19th or 20th Century.

View attachment 1558984

My Opinion...Is This Roman Numeral Marked Beam is in the Manner of the Freemason's 18th Century Depth Markers.

We will need to await Expert Verification as to its True Time Line!

So the most common method of marking timbers used for hundreds of years actually equates into freemasons and templar knights? With the millions of timbers around the world marked with roman numerals, one has to suspect that the secret societies of templars and freemasons were larger than one could even imagine...WOW!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Again!...You Jump to the Wrong Conclusions!

So the most common method of marking timbers used for hundreds of years actually equates into freemasons and templar knights? With the millions of timbers around the world marked with roman numerals, one has to suspect that the secret societies of templars and freemasons were larger than one could even imagine...WOW!

The Freemasons...Master Builders Themselves...were only a part of this Equation!

Conclusions.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, no,....I mean real documentation from the actual source of the alleged hole and treasure. What you're showing here is after the fact, it's a man made detail after the fact, it's not "original documentation from the source." By the way, you do realize that roman numerals were used in many forms throughout this country, yes? I mean, you can still buy clocks and watches with roman numerals. So I think it's pretty well established that the use of roman numerals was pretty widespread throughout the generations. I can remember having to learn roman numerals in school as they were still teaching it then, and using it. In industry they are still used (I was an industrial automation troubleshooter/installer/ect., for over 30 years and even some of the dies,parts, ect., employed roman numerals.) Just saying....what you're lacking is any type of true confirmation.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Of Course..IIII was used for IV in Beams and Clocks...Just "Read" my Previous Posts!

No, no,....I mean real documentation from the actual source of the alleged hole and treasure. What you're showing here is after the fact, it's a man made detail after the fact, it's not "original documentation from the source." By the way, you do realize that roman numerals were used in many forms throughout this country, yes? I mean, you can still buy clocks and watches with roman numerals. So I think it's pretty well established that the use of roman numerals was pretty widespread throughout the generations. I can remember having to learn roman numerals in school as they were still teaching it then, and using it. In industry they are still used (I was an industrial automation troubleshooter/installer/ect., for over 30 years and even some of the dies,parts, ect., employed roman numerals.) Just saying....what you're lacking is any type of true confirmation.

Who Comments.png

But...Not for Depth Markers on Ships and Piers!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1559022

I think you're assuming "a lot" given that most early settlers here were from those European countries who were still using Roman numerals. Just saying....I think you're being rather selective in your choice of suggested evidences and denying the contrary evidences equal/same consideration. The simple truth is that there could be any number of reasons why someone utilized Roman numerals on most anything, and at just about any point in time of history. So I think the significance of Roman numerals in this situation is a pretty far-reaching speculation.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in front of me, a detailed manifest of the cargo aboard a ship that was lost at sea, not only this but also a detailed account of how the ship was lost. This is all from multiple “documented original source.” So we know for sure that this cargo/treasure was indeed lost/buried at sea and that it actually existed. My point is, is there any type of original documented source materials to support all of this “Oak Island treasure hunt/legend?” Or, is all of that just the product of man's wild sensationalism and wild speculations? Njo doubt true believers can select all manner of speculative details and suggestive evidences, but do they really have any type of actual credible supporting evidences? There is the real issue with Oak Island, it has none of that other then man made sensationalism and wild speculation. I wish it were different, but it isn't. "Everything" we see coming out of Oak Island is aimed at, "promotion."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

But . . . that's not a ship's timber (or lapstrake board). And anyone with any sense makes one board with marks and places it vertically for tide measurement. Has been so SINCE the Romans.

81338298-water-depth-marker-with-depth-in-feet-on-sea-wall-in-teignmouth-devon-england.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in front of me, a detailed manifest of the cargo aboard a ship that was lost at sea, not only this but also a detailed account of how the ship was lost. This is all from multiple “documented original source.” So we know for sure that this cargo/treasure was indeed lost/buried at sea and that it actually existed. My point is, is there any type of original documented source materials to support all of this “Oak Island treasure hunt/legend?” Or, is all of that just the product of man's wild sensationalism and wild speculations? Njo doubt true believers can select all manner of speculative details and suggestive evidences, but do they really have any type of actual credible supporting evidences? There is the real issue with Oak Island, it has none of that other then man made sensationalism and wild speculation. I wish it were different, but it isn't. "Everything" we see coming out of Oak Island is aimed at, "promotion."

It seems the wild sensationalism and speculation will continue as no one can present any factual evidence of anything of significance ever being on hoax island.....

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All That Is Written...Is Not Told!

In is interesting that you place so much credence in what has been written in a Ship's Manifest.

The British Navy wrote the same message in their Havana Military Manifests, about how Ships with Millions of Pounds of Treasure were lost at sea and only 737,000 pounds remained to be shared with their King!

King George III bought this Story Too!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In is interesting that you place so much credence in what has been written in a Ship's Manifest.

The British Navy wrote the same message in their Havana Military Manifests, about how Ships with Millions of Pounds of Treasure were lost at sea and only 737,000 pounds remained to be shared with their King!

First, notice i said from "multiple credible sources." And second, we're not talking British, we're talking Spanish. And third, some of those "real documented treasures from those very credible original source materials" have been recovered. In fact, there was even "credible documented source materials from the original source" regarding some of this cargo before it was ever put on the vessel......:laughing7: Like I said, "if folks want to believe in things, no matter how fantastical or unsupported, they will find a way to justify their believing." No amount of contrary evidences will detour them so no sense in debating such things with them as the truth is not what they're really after. If they were they'd understand how important that contrary evidence is. :icon_thumleft:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But what has this to do with hoax island? Lot's of stuff ended up at the bottom of the sea since mankind started making boats...

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Multiple credible sources"...But Not the British!

First, notice i said from "multiple credible sources." And second, we're not talking British, we're talking Spanish. And third, some of those "real documented treasures from those very credible original source materials" have been recovered. In fact, there was even "credible documented source materials from the original source" regarding some of this cargo before it was ever put on the vessel......:laughing7: Like I said, "if folks want to believe in things, no matter how fantastical or unsupported, they will find a way to justify their believing." No amount of contrary evidences will detour them so no sense in debating such things with them as the truth is not what they're really after. If they were they'd understand how important that contrary evidence is. :icon_thumleft:

But...We are not talking British...Only Spanish?

What is Wrong with the British? Do they not have "real documented treasures from those very credible original source materials"...Too?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But...Were not talking British...Only Spanish?

What is Wrong with the British? Do they not have "real documented treasures from those very credible original source materials"...Too?

You apparently missed the part about many of those very real Spanish lost treasures having been found due to very credible source materials from the original sources. :laughing7: You also don't apparently understand the difference between British record keeping and Spanish record keeping. The Spanish were anal about it......:icon_thumright: And by the way, yes, real lost British treasures have been recovered too due to "very credible" documented source materials from the original sources. You're apparently not understanding "very credible." It isn't just making the claim. :laughing7: But matters not, you will find a way to keep believing regardless the contrary as to date, from what I can tell, you have refused to entertain any of those contrary evidences, and not just mine. So no point really in even making those evidences known to you. Good luck!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Spanish May Know the "Whole Truth" when it comes to...Oak Island!

You apparently missed the part about many of those very real Spanish lost treasures having been found due to very credible source materials from the original sources. :laughing7: You also don't apparently understand the difference between British record keeping and Spanish record keeping. The Spanish were anal about it......:icon_thumright: And by the way, yes, real lost British treasures have been recovered too due to "very credible" documented source materials from the original sources. You're apparently not understanding "very credible." It isn't just making the claim. :laughing7: But matters not, you will find a way to keep believing regardless the contrary as to date, from what I can tell, you have refused to entertain any of those contrary evidences, and not just mine. So no point really in even making those evidences known to you. Good luck!

A while back I made an Appeal to Forum Members if any knew of Spanish Records as to how much Treasure was removed from Havana in 1762.

I wanted to compare what the Spanish claimed it to be and what the English reported it to was.

A Forum member supplied a source for this documentation.

I am still working on this and hope to report back soon.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I made an Appeal to Forum Members if any knew of Spanish Records as to how much Treasure was removed from Havana in 1762.

I wanted to compare what the Spanish claim was to what the English reported it to be.

A Forum member supplied to me the source for this documentation.

I am still working on this and hope to report back soon.

You really don't expect them to be the same, do you? Never mind. Don't matter. Good luck.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
But what has this to do with hoax island? Lot's of stuff ended up at the bottom of the sea since mankind started making boats...

I think it is in regards to the discussion of whether or not there is any actual documentation about what happened on Oak Island. Apparently Robot was replying that people can lie or be wrong. I guess just not the ones that he agrees with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread