Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Then why (oh why oh why oh why) all the attention ? Are you trying to say that A) you don't expect to see (ie.: don't believe) in the treasure story, yet B) are fascinated by holes and fibers on some random island (one of thousands of islands) off the east coast of Canada ?

You're seriously trying to tell me that your interest is utterly based nothing on the legend ? So are we to infer that you therefore take similar interest in hydrology and sink holes and fibers at other random spots on the planet too then. Right ?

What do you care? All you want to do is make fools out of everybody and there is no way you care what anybody actually believes or thinks. If you don't agree, reread all your posts! Oh and btw, none of the above!

Cheers, Loki

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you care? All you want to do is make fools out of everybody and there is no way you care what anybody actually believes or thinks. If you don't agree, reread all your posts! Oh and btw, none of the above!

Cheers, Loki

100% agree

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally folks are admitting that the oak island money pit is a hoax and moving on to ask questions about the real history of the island. Outstanding!

I believe the coconut fibers commonly used for packing cargo were dumped in the smith’s cove area when a ship came in for maintenance and while sitting on the wharf structures they had the coconut fiber packing dumped so that wooden structures in the bottom of the ship(s) could be repaired. As far as the age of the fibers, just like foam plastic peanuts used for packing today, the coconut fibers were used and re-used constantly all over the world. Since they tended to last and not deteriorate, being used for hundreds of years and being carried, dumped, then reused at ports all over the world would not be uncommon.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe the coconut fibers commonly used for packing cargo were dumped in the smith’s cove area when a ship came in for maintenance and while sitting on the wharf structures they had the coconut fiber packing dumped so that wooden structures in the bottom of the ship(s) could be repaired. As far as the age of the fibers, just like foam plastic peanuts used for packing today, the coconut fibers were used and re-used constantly all over the world. Since they tended to last and not deteriorate, being used for hundreds of years and being carried, dumped, then reused at ports all over the world would not be uncommon.

Yes, the first part of your argument could be quite correct, but the rest is a ridiculous assumption. Nobody would use a many century's old organic material either for packing or for rope, as coconut coir was manufactured into by Indian merchants. Also, it was not used all over the world or even in Europe until well after the end of the middle ages. You might do better using the identity question if you want to make an argument.

Cheers, Loki

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Finally folks are admitting that the oak island money pit is a hoax and moving on to ask questions about.....

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble swallowing that . The folks you are speaking of ... yes ..... they do retreat to the fibers, drill-depth-technology, ocean currents, mariner shipping history, U-shapes, etc...... As the points-of-story to research/dispute. Ie.: whether or not all those various factors are/were *possible*. Ie.: possible not *just* at that speck of land, but ........ possible anywhere . Yours or my backyard, for instance.

But no, I don't think they are doing so because/if/when they "admit that O.I. treasure is a hoax".

I can't help but think that the ONLY reason they go hog-wild deep into the fibers, U's, pits-depths-abilities, etc... is ..... for no-other-reason than to determine a single thing's potential. And that is: The entire reason of the legend itself: Treasure.

And no, it's not that I want to "make a fool out of anyone". No-more-so than the O.I. believer wants to "make a fool" out of the skeptic. Each side wants to determine what the truth (ie.: "most plausible explanation" ) is. Right ? After all, this is "treasure-net", where "treasure" (md'ing etc...) pro's & con's are discussed, right ?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And no, it's not that I want to "make a fool out of anyone". No-more-so than the O.I. believer wants to "make a fool" out of the skeptic. Each side wants to determine what the truth (ie.: "most plausible explanation" ) is. Right ? After all, this is "treasure-net", where "treasure" (md'ing etc...) pro's & con's are discussed, right ?

And I have a bridge for sale in Mackinaw City

Cheers, loki

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Ha, ok. How about instead of wanting to "make a fool out of anyone", can we chalk it up to "wanting to show more plausible explanations" ? Whether or not that makes anyone "look like a fool", is incidental. Instead, it is both sides wanting to come to the truth (ie.: most plausible explanation).

The "wanting to make someone look like a fool" finger points both ways, after all. Hence, just as you are not accused of wanting to make the "skeptic look like a fool", so too is the skeptic not wanting to make the believer "look like a fool". See how the finger points both ways ?

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cheers, loki

How much are you asking for it? Is it in good condition? Do you have photos and/or the latest engineering report on its integrity?

Bill

PS This post was to serve as absolute proof that yes, there is one born every minute. (Smile)

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about O.I. That is why I am here. I do not have a preconceived notion about treasure, etc...

But I am saddened by those that feel the need to come here, and time after time after time regail us curious types with THEIR preconceived notions that anyone who doesn't fall lock-step in line with their opinions is foolish.

I am not trying to convince you of anything! Please read that again. I am not trying to convince YOU of anything. SO PLEASE STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE ME.

I'm just curious about what MIGHT be.

maybe you need another outlet in your life.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the first part of your argument could be quite correct, but the rest is a ridiculous assumption. Nobody would use a many century's old organic material either for packing or for rope, as coconut coir was manufactured into by Indian merchants. Also, it was not used all over the world or even in Europe until well after the end of the middle ages. You might do better using the identity question if you want to make an argument.

Cheers, Loki

With the resilience of coconut fibers maintaining their structure for hundreds of years, I don’t think the guy shoveling them from a pile into a cargo hold is asking himself, “should I carbon date these before using? Naw, they’re good to use”.

On another note, Dan Blankenship searched the island far longer than anyone else, and in a senior moment a season or more two ago, admitted that there was never a treasure on oak island during a meeting in the WAR ROOM with a pile of BOBBIE DAZZLERS on the table when all the players admitted the items were nothing more than common items. As the show continues to shut down digs and excavations to hide the fact that nothing is there, it will grind to a boring death dive as folks who still believe in the hyperbole hang on in utter hope that the TREASURE will be revealed OR the brothers will state it was stolen and was in a russian plane that crashed with all TREASURE lost....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... us curious types .....

Ok. And a truly "curious" type, would be open to consider and weigh data/opinion/explanations that might point in another direction . Right ? After all, that's the definition of "curious" eh ? To avail yourself of all explanations. And then ... sure ....... take your pick of which side you think carries the most merit. And the only way to do that, is: To see what an alternative explanation might present. That would be definition of "curious".

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the resilience of coconut fibers maintaining their structure for hundreds of years, I don’t think the guy shoveling them from a pile into a cargo hold is asking himself, “should I carbon date these before using? Naw, they’re good to use”.

Who told you that? Why would your non researched comments be any more accurate than from those you berate?

Cheers, Loki

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Ha. And this is the all-too-common fall-back, for the discussion. The believers who are starting the "wack-a-mole" game, will do JUST AS YOU DID here: They will retreat to the fall-back position of : "I was only interested in the science of the fibers" or the "history of mariner ship traffic lanes and ocean currents" or "the science of whether or not a hole could be dug that deep ", blah blah. And " I don't necessarily believe or say this concludes in treasure".

But as I've said before : Nonsense. No one is there because of "fibers" or the science of hole-digging-ability. Be honest: The ONLY reason this discussion exists (on *Tresure*net, after all), is because (drum roll) : Treasure. No one is there wondering about the other stuff. Why does the TV show exist ? Because of coconut fiber distribution patterns in the world ? Because of debate over whether or not a hole could be dug in 1700s by primitive tools or not ? OF COURSE NOT . The entire debate, and this thread, exists for a singular solitary reason: Whether or not a treasure exists.

So please, spare us the retreat into the false fall-back position of "I was only wondering if someone(s) could dig a hole that deep back then". ::)

BEEEEPPPP! Wrong again. I am interested in it. I am interested in WHY someone went through the trouble to create a deep pit with wood planks, putty, and coconut fiber.

However, you feel it's all about treasure. Well, your proof of treasure is coming....

this season.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEEEEPPPP! Wrong again. I am interested in it. I am interested in WHY someone went through the trouble to create a deep pit with wood planks, putty, and coconut fiber.

You'd think that if someone went through the trouble to create a deep pit with wood planks, putty, and coconut fiber, there would be some evidence of a deep pit with wood planks, putty, and coconut fiber.

However, you feel it's all about treasure. Well, your proof of treasure is coming....this season.

It's about time. It's only been 220+ years.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....Wrong again. I am interested in it. I am interested in WHY someone went through the trouble to create ....

Correct. Yes. I have no doubt you are "interested in it". That is not in question. The bigger question is: WHY is anyone "interested in it" ? And you answered that bigger question right here, quite accurately :

.... your proof of treasure is coming.....

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak Island Is But A Mystery!

Correct. Yes. I have no doubt you are "interested in it". That is not in question. The bigger question is: WHY is anyone "interested in it" ? And you answered that bigger question right here, quite accurately :

"To many humans a mystery is irresistible, it must be solved,

little pieces of clues, present even more of a mystery."

Quote: Captain Jean Luc Picard...Star Ship Enterprise

Mystery 3.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
"To many humans a mystery is irresistible, it must be solved,....

Yes. And what is the "mystery" here ? The possibility of treasure. Not fibers, not finger drains. Not hole-digging technology of 200 yr. ago, etc... All of those things wouldn't be a "mystery" here, if it were not all built around the notion of what ? Treasure.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. And what is the "mystery" here ? The possibility of treasure. Not fibers, not finger drains. Not hole-digging technology of 200 yr. ago, etc... All of those things wouldn't be a "mystery" here, if it were not all built around the notion of what ? Treasure.

No!...The Mystery is not the Gold, Silver, and Jewels that may or may not exist...The Mystery is "Why" and by "Whom"?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No!...The Mystery is not the Gold, Silver, and Jewels that may or may not exist...The Mystery is "Why" and by "Whom"?

Ok, and the "why" that any adherent of the legend hopes for is what ? (be honest) : TREASURE . And the "whom" is answered by what-hoped-for-answer: Treasure burying persons.

Why has ANYONE in the past 200+ yrs. dug there ? For a fascination of holes, fibers, logs, finger-drains, pulley-winches said-to-have-been on trees, etc... ? No. The reason that anyone has an interest in any of those items, is because of the hoped-for solution to the mystery: Treasure.

If you are sincerely interested in nothing more than mysteries of fibers, past-holes-dug, etc... Then come to my house in Monterey, CA. There was some holes dug on my backyard acreage. And I'll bet there's some fibers back there somewhere. But odds are, you'll take no interest. Why ? Because there's no "treasure" legend connected to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread