Oak Leaf from CW Battlefield

MSRelic

Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
Found this on a CW battlefield quite some time ago. Does anyone know if it is military? Thin brass with no sign of a hook or pin on the back.
Thanks for replies.

IMG_1204.JPG

Upvote 0

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
The acron was the badge of the 14th corps. I've never seen anything like the one you've dug. It looks more like a decorative thing than a corp badge but I might be wrong.

OP
OP
MSRelic

MSRelic

Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
vayank54 said:
The acron was the badge of the 14th corps. I've never seen anything like the one you've dug. It looks more like a decorative thing than a corp badge but I might be wrong.

Thanks. Must be decorative. The XIV Corps wasn't on this battlefield (Battle of Port Gibson, MS).

ClayDigger

May 12, 2010
Germantown, TN
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, Garret ProPointer, DetectorPro UniProbe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if this might be something similar. I found this near a CW site in Germantown, TN. It might be decorative as well, but I thought my leaf was similar to the one in your set except that it it a single leaf.
Oak Leaf Small.JPG

OP
OP
MSRelic

MSRelic

Feb 18, 2010
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
ClayDigger said:
I was wondering if this might be something similar. I found this near a CW site in Germantown, TN. It might be decorative as well, but I thought my leaf was similar to the one in your set except that it it a single leaf.

You're the first person I know that has found something similar. If you ever ID it, please let me know.

Like your username. I dig in clay soil down here too and during the summer it's TOUGH digging. I can see why they used it to make bricks. ;D

Thanks for the post and the pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread