Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots to create appearance of social media support for gun control

February 28th, 2013

(NaturalNews) – All of those Twitter messages that appear to represent millions of people who support President Obama’s gun control agenda… Yeah, many of those are bot-driven. In other words, they’re fake.

That’s what a Republican congressman from Texas is alleging, anyway. He says the president’s entire gun control narrative is a fraud being perpetrated over one of the world’s busiest social media sites.

Rep. Steve Stockton accused Obama Feb. 25 of trying to make support for his gun control positions more muscular than it really is by flooding Twitter with messages from bot-driven programs, The Hill newspaper reported.

Obama, it seems, can’t get out of campaign mode.

When your position is weak, spam it to life

The president’s “anti-gun campaign is a fraud,” Stockman charged. “Obama’s supporters are panicking and willing to do anything to create the appearance of popular support, even if it means trying to defraud Congress.”

“I call upon the president to denounce this phony spam campaign,” he added.

Needless to say, the president has yet to “denounce” anything he has said in regards to pushing for more gun control. And we don’t expect he will.

Stockman said that, in response to Obama’s call for Americans to tweet their congressman in support of new gun control measures he has proposed – such as banning higher-capacity magazines, military look-alike rifles and universal background checks – he only received 16 tweets, but they were all identical. He said a closer examination revealed that only six of them were from real people.

“The other 10 are fake, computer-generated spambots,” said Stockton’s office, in a press statement.

As evidence, he said the 10 tweets used default graphics and names and have not engaged in any interaction whatsoever with other people, the congressional newspaper reported. In fact, he said two of the tweets were sent at almost exactly the same time, and both follow just one person: Brad Schneck, the president’s former digital strategist.

The Texas lawmaker also said just one of the six tweets from an actual person is a constituent of his in his home state. Here is a rundown of the fraudulent tweets, per Stockman’s press release:

– They all use the default “egg” avatar.
– They have account names resembling names automatically suggested by Twitter.
– They have engaged in no human interaction.
– They have tweeted almost nothing promotional, sponsored messages pushing real estate websites and other liberal “grassroots” campaigns.
– They follow mostly MSNBC anchors or media outlets, not actual people.

Stockman also notes that reporter Robert Stacy McCain’s investigation of the fraudulent Obama campaign (available at: The Other McCain) finds the majority of the Obama-supporting accounts were created in fewer than 48 hours before contacting members of Congress.

“If you are a real person who contacted us about your support for the president’s anti-gun campaign, we are listening,” said Stockman. “We do not agree with you, but we appreciate your sincere opinions and encourage you to continue to contact us.”

“But,” he continued, “the vast majority of the president’s supporters have no feelings because they have fake profiles from spammers.” He went on to say that Obama’s anti-gun activists “are trying to defraud Congress using the same scam that sells ‘male enhancement pills.’”

When leadership is out, spam

Some websites were understandably critical of the spamming.

From The Daily Caller:

Schenck describes himself as a “former digital strategist at #Obama2012 and @ObamaInaugural.” He also doesn’t seem to think anybody knows how Twitter works. Or maybe he just doesn’t know how Twitter works. Either way, it’s pretty clumsy work for a “digital strategist.”

These guys think you’re stupid, America. But then, they’ve got some pretty strong evidence to back them up. You reelected them.

Per Twitchy, a site that aggregates Twitter feeds:

“Kathleen H. Dittus” wasn’t born yesterday, you know. She – or her Twitter account, at least – was born today. No, she hasn’t even been born yet; she’s still inside that “egg” avatar, but she can’t wait to break out and lend the president a hand with his gun control effort.

The @BarackObama account, fresh off of exploiting Gabby Giffords to push its demand that Congress vote on an assault weapons ban, is doing its best to get #WeDemandAVote trending, but some conservatives are noticing that a lot of the supporters are a little, um, young. They have zero followers, follow no one, and have tweeted just once.

Clearly, the president seems more interested in campaigning than leading. Then again, the measures he’s proposing would have done nothing to stop any of the past gun massacres anyway.

Sources:

The Hill

The Daily Caller

Twitchy | Who Said What

Source: Natural News

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots to create appearance of social media support for gun control

February 28th, 2013

(NaturalNews) – All of those Twitter messages that appear to represent millions of people who support President Obama’s gun control agenda… Yeah, many of those are bot-driven. In other words, they’re fake.

That’s what a Republican congressman from Texas is alleging, anyway. He says the president’s entire gun control narrative is a fraud being perpetrated over one of the world’s busiest social media sites.

Rep. Steve Stockton accused Obama Feb. 25 of trying to make support for his gun control positions more muscular than it really is by flooding Twitter with messages from bot-driven programs, The Hill newspaper reported.

Obama, it seems, can’t get out of campaign mode.

When your position is weak, spam it to life

The president’s “anti-gun campaign is a fraud,” Stockman charged. “Obama’s supporters are panicking and willing to do anything to create the appearance of popular support, even if it means trying to defraud Congress.”

“I call upon the president to denounce this phony spam campaign,” he added.

Needless to say, the president has yet to “denounce” anything he has said in regards to pushing for more gun control. And we don’t expect he will.

Stockman said that, in response to Obama’s call for Americans to tweet their congressman in support of new gun control measures he has proposed – such as banning higher-capacity magazines, military look-alike rifles and universal background checks – he only received 16 tweets, but they were all identical. He said a closer examination revealed that only six of them were from real people.

“The other 10 are fake, computer-generated spambots,” said Stockton’s office, in a press statement.

As evidence, he said the 10 tweets used default graphics and names and have not engaged in any interaction whatsoever with other people, the congressional newspaper reported. In fact, he said two of the tweets were sent at almost exactly the same time, and both follow just one person: Brad Schneck, the president’s former digital strategist.

The Texas lawmaker also said just one of the six tweets from an actual person is a constituent of his in his home state. Here is a rundown of the fraudulent tweets, per Stockman’s press release:

– They all use the default “egg” avatar.
– They have account names resembling names automatically suggested by Twitter.
– They have engaged in no human interaction.
– They have tweeted almost nothing promotional, sponsored messages pushing real estate websites and other liberal “grassroots” campaigns.
– They follow mostly MSNBC anchors or media outlets, not actual people.

Stockman also notes that reporter Robert Stacy McCain’s investigation of the fraudulent Obama campaign (available at: The Other McCain) finds the majority of the Obama-supporting accounts were created in fewer than 48 hours before contacting members of Congress.

“If you are a real person who contacted us about your support for the president’s anti-gun campaign, we are listening,” said Stockman. “We do not agree with you, but we appreciate your sincere opinions and encourage you to continue to contact us.”

“But,” he continued, “the vast majority of the president’s supporters have no feelings because they have fake profiles from spammers.” He went on to say that Obama’s anti-gun activists “are trying to defraud Congress using the same scam that sells ‘male enhancement pills.’”

When leadership is out, spam

Some websites were understandably critical of the spamming.

From The Daily Caller:

Schenck describes himself as a “former digital strategist at #Obama2012 and @ObamaInaugural.” He also doesn’t seem to think anybody knows how Twitter works. Or maybe he just doesn’t know how Twitter works. Either way, it’s pretty clumsy work for a “digital strategist.”

These guys think you’re stupid, America. But then, they’ve got some pretty strong evidence to back them up. You reelected them.

Per Twitchy, a site that aggregates Twitter feeds:

“Kathleen H. Dittus” wasn’t born yesterday, you know. She – or her Twitter account, at least – was born today. No, she hasn’t even been born yet; she’s still inside that “egg” avatar, but she can’t wait to break out and lend the president a hand with his gun control effort.

The @BarackObama account, fresh off of exploiting Gabby Giffords to push its demand that Congress vote on an assault weapons ban, is doing its best to get #WeDemandAVote trending, but some conservatives are noticing that a lot of the supporters are a little, um, young. They have zero followers, follow no one, and have tweeted just once.

Clearly, the president seems more interested in campaigning than leading. Then again, the measures he’s proposing would have done nothing to stop any of the past gun massacres anyway.

Sources:

The Hill

The Daily Caller

Twitchy | Who Said What

Source: Natural News

I find this "article" very interesting and a good lesson for all skeptics and free thinkers. Look at the title of the story and the first paragraph.

"Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots to create appearance of social media support for gun control"

"All of those Twitter messages that appear to represent millions of people who support President Obama’s gun control agenda… Yeah, many of those are bot-driven. In other words, they’re fake"

Only after you read further do you find out that the above statements are not facts but are in fact an accusation by a republican congressman.

"That’s what a Republican congressman from Texas is alleging, anyway. He says the president’s entire gun control narrative is a fraud being perpetrated over one of the world’s busiest social media sites."

So if one sees just the headline they believe this is a proven fact. A good example of "deceptive" practices in so called journalism. It's also interesting that the "journalist" himself seems to do nothing to determine the validity of the accusation, merely repeats the charges, etc.

Not saying its not true, etc. but this just highlights the very poor quality and nature of Internet "news".

Just my 2 cents.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"All of those Twitter messages that appear to represent millions of people who support President Obama’s gun control agenda…" All 16 of them?? :laughing9:

Sounds like the same type of accusation as "Anyone who went on camera for the news stations saying they saw the planes/plane hit the twin towers, was a paid government "toadie"!"

Just another pro-gun scared and desperate smear campaign!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just hope no matter if your conservative or liberal - pro or anti Obama people are intelligent enough to see through this type of garbage. It's one of the biggest problems with these so called alternative news sources - they are not news. They are opinion, accusations, rumor and innuendo dressed up (quite poorly) to look like "news". I would hope anyone with a grade school education could see through this. Unless of course your just completely brainwashed.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They are opinion, accusations, rumor and innuendo

Kind of like what you dish out seeing as how you never post anything to back up your words:sign10:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't really think there is any need for personal comments do you?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't really think there is any need for personal comments do you?

Sometimes there is,sometimes there isnt.This just happens to be one of those times that is.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just hope no matter if your conservative or liberal - pro or anti Obama people are intelligent enough to see through this type of garbage. It's one of the biggest problems with these so called alternative news sources - they are not news. They are opinion, accusations, rumor and innuendo dressed up (quite poorly) to look like "news". I would hope anyone with a grade school education could see through this. Unless of course your just completely brainwashed.
Just what do you consider to be a reputable news source?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not the source but how the "news" is presented and supported. I think anyone - whether they like Obama or not - can see this was very deceptive.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I find it hilarious how he thinks Infowars and naturalnews.com amount to "back up". :laughing9:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not the source but how the "news" is presented and supported.

Actually its not how its presented or supported,its whether its true or false,you show nothing to prove what you claim.(what else is new)So basically what youre saying is if an article is poorly written(in your opinion)and not well supported(in your opinion)then it must be deceiving and false.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Actually its not how its presented or supported,its whether its true or false,you show nothing to prove what you claim.(what else is new)So basically what youre saying is if an article is poorly written(in your opinion)and not well supported(in your opinion)then it must be deceiving and false.

Red, not sure about your reading comprehension. You might want to reread the post. Why don't you reread and ill spell out what I am saying to help you better understand.

Thesis - title of the article was deceptive b

Title claims that - "Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots to create appearance of social media support for gun control"

I find this "article" very interesting and a good lesson for all skeptics and free thinkers. Look at the title of the story and the first paragraph.

"Obama using computer-generated Twitterbots to create appearance of social media support for gun control"

"All of those Twitter messages that appear to represent millions of people who support President Obama’s gun control agenda… Yeah, many of those are bot-driven. In other words, they’re fake"

Only after you read further do you find out that the above statements are not facts but are in fact an accusation by a republican congressman.

"That’s what a Republican congressman from Texas is alleging, anyway. He says the president’s entire gun control narrative is a fraud being perpetrated over one of the world’s busiest social media sites."

So if one sees just the headline they believe this is a proven fact. A good example of "deceptive" practices in so called journalism. It's also interesting that the "journalist" himself seems to do nothing to determine the validity of the accusation, merely repeats the charges, etc.

Not saying its not true, etc. but this just highlights the very poor quality and nature of Internet "news".

Just my 2 cents.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hilarious how he thinks Infowars and naturalnews.com amount to "back up". :laughing9:

Dano I noticed your HOW DID and Today I went to another Gun Show, and I must say thanks to our king he has created a well armed militia I take it you are not a deer hunter. if in your mind you think we are a unregulated bunch of bafoons.Then explain to me how every Nov. in these parts close to 1 million unregulated hunters get there sh it together. food, clothing, lodging, weapons,ammo, etc. and maybe 1 or two gun related accidents. The only thing twisted is somebody's sister.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red, familiarizing yourself with some of the basics of critical thinking / logic would help you to understand some of the concepts being discussed. They are valuable tools to have and you are never to old to learn them.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this does is make me wonder if the story teller is really reading anything, and comprehending it :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Stockpicker, I still am curious where do you get your news and info from besides economist? We all know the economist is heavily biased......

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Red, familiarizing yourself with some of the basics of critical thinking / logic would help you to understand some of the concepts being discussed. They are valuable tools to have and you are never to old to learn them.

Other valuable tools include common sense and very good intuition,which i have a good deal of along with all of the above.I also know when somebody reads high on my B.S. meter.Its funny,youre scared sh_ _less of posting facts to prove your words on anything.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Other valuable tools include common sense and very good intuition,which i have a good deal of along with all of the above.I also know when somebody reads high on my B.S. meter.Its funny,youre scared sh_ _less of posting facts to prove your words on anything.

Let me know what you don't understand and I will explain. Again it's never to late to learn. Looking at many of your "news" items that you post you might want to check that BS meter if yours - it's obviously malfunctioning.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
Stockpicker, I still am curious where do you get your news and info from besides economist? We all know the economist is heavily biased......

Did you find the title of this piece deceptive?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread