Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, I know they aren't from the government, but there is a lot of truth in satire ...

63.jpg

You can see them all at Got Insurance

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mods, could you please remove the above off topic post by Pippen. This thread is about "satire", not allegations of bullying.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods, could you please remove the above off topic post by Pippen. This thread is about "satire", not allegations of bullying.

Be careful!! Pip might accuse you of bullying! LMBO!!

These advertisements are aimed at a know nothing, understand nothing, younger group of people that Obammy definitely needs to make this Obammycare deal work. The young people in this catagory may not know anything or understand much, but they do understand money and they don't want to spend any of theirs for this Obammycare nightmare when they don't have to. Even the dummies aren't that stupid!!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What does the content of the "satirical ad" in the original post have to do with Obamacare?

It is a stretch, at best. IMO, the ad is quite immature and basically implies that people who use Obamacare are too stupid to care for themselves.

It is really an anti-obamacare ad. If that is satire then it is a pathetic attempt. Out of all the arguments against obamacare, the above ad doesnt really hit on any of them.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess some people only understand satire when someone they like posts an example...

lol@u

sat·ire
[sat-ahyuhr]

noun
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess some people only understand satire when someone they like posts an example...

lol@u

sat·ire
[sat-ahyuhr]

noun
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

Or when satire gets picked up, twisted, and reposted as real news...

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What does the content of the "satirical ad" in the original post have to do with Obamacare?

It is a stretch, at best. IMO, the ad is quite immature and basically implies that people who use Obamacare are too stupid to care for themselves.

It is really an anti-obamacare ad. If that is satire then it is a pathetic attempt. Out of all the arguments against obamacare, the above ad doesnt really hit on any of them.

Buffalo Scat! Have you never seen the malicious "satire" aimed at the Bush family? The Reagans? Sarah Palin? BE REAL!!!

This is neither malicious or derogatory. It is satire. Zerocare mandates that women be supplied with birth control for free. Simply ...

Know what? One would figure that you would have purchased a sense of humor by now. If you can't understand it then bugger off.

I won't waste time trying to explain satire to someone incapable of humor.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Or when satire gets picked up, twisted, and reposted as real news...

You didn't read the first post, you just attack.

The first line of the first post says:

"Yes, I know they aren't from the government, but there is a lot of truth in satire ..."

Why don't you just grow up?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't read the first post, you just attack.

The first line of the first post says:

"Yes, I know they aren't from the government, but there is a lot of truth in satire ..."

Why don't you just grow up?

Easy there... That comment was not directed at you so just calm it down.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
no...pay attention..i used real news, who what when where and why, as a tool to expose some rather heavy handed nasty...
that is why the teacher always told you to pay attention in class.

THAT POST WAS, AND STILL IS OFF TOPIC.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets back it up a minute everyone:

Pro-Obamacare ads targeting millennials stir controversy in Colorado - The Denver Post

I got so caught up in the ridiculousness of the ad, that I failed to check the source. I assumed it was an anti-obamacare ad...

Turns out, plot twist style, that it is from a REAL site designed by "ProgressNow Colorado" to promote obamacare.

I really hope this turns out to be some sort of hoax because those ads really are disturbing. You guys even assumed it was satire - which says alot!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Pro-Obamacare ads targeting millennials stir controversy in Colorado - The Denver Post

I got so caught up in the ridiculousness of the ad, that I failed to check the source. I assumed it was an anti-obamacare ad...

Turns out, plot twist style, that it is from a REAL site designed by "ProgressNow Colorado" to promote obamacare.

I really hope this turns out to be some sort of hoax because those ads really are disturbing. You guys even assumed it was satire - which says alot!

Far more goes on behind closed doors dude!

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I didn't believe it when I heard that it was real ... was on Rush Limbaugh's show this morning ... are you telling me these are NOT Satire???

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't believe it when I heard that it was real ... was on Rush Limbaugh's show this morning ... are you telling me these are NOT Satire???

No my friend, these ads were not satire but actually REAL ADS put out there by liberals to attract young people into buying Obammycare because of the free birth control aspect of the ad. Kind of gives everyone an idea of the intelligence level attributed to the younger generation by the libs putting this ad out, doesn't it!? Well, maybe with younger libs they could be onto something here. Afterall, they know their base better than anyone else!! LMBO!!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
No my friend, these ads were not satire but actually REAL ADS put out there by liberals to attract young people into buying Obammycare because of the free birth control aspect of the ad. Kind of gives everyone an idea of the intelligence level attributed to the younger generation by the libs putting this ad out, doesn't it!? Well, maybe with younger libs they could be onto something here. Afterall, they know their base better than anyone else!! LMBO!!

While I dont agree with your "free birth control" angle, I do agree that these ads are ridiculous and embarrassing.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I dont agree with your "free birth control" angle, I do agree that these ads are ridiculous and embarrassing.

ben,

Just read the ad. It has that girl stating that she hopes he (the man in the ad) is as easy to get as free birth control under Obammycare. I ask you ben, what other angle is there? (Not being sarcastic here either)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread