Obscure topic

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only wish I ( we ) could have been more help.
There are a lot of brilliant people here and someone may respond down the road as old links are refreshed all the time.
In the meantime I hope you stay on the forum as you seem to be a very nice guy and may be able to offer advise/Insight to others being a geologist.
I will say that people here may not understand the theoretical physics of ripple/riffles but sure can make that sluice catch gold. The advise here is usually sound and has personally increased my take along with many others. We may not totally get how the Higgins particle effects micro recovery but miners in general are a hard working, life loving bunch and especially here are quite willing to lend a hand if possible.
I hope we may be of assistance down the road but don't be afraid of that physics forum. It's just a forum. If you don't like or understand it then who cares as no one there knows you.

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be way out of my league here, but I'll throw in my two cents worth. It may be that the specific gravity of your particles isn't what is causing the iron oxide covered particles to collect on the slipface. I think that it might be the difference between the water molecule bonding between silica and with iron oxide which is doing the sorting. Also, I think that your going to have to add the viscosity of water to your formula to find the flow velocity. After all, almost everything your describing here happens on a dry, wind blown dune. True?

Anyway, your problem is making my head hurt. :tongue3:

OP
OP
G

geostudent101

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back!

I don't know if there are any formulas that would fit what you are asking. Your best method to find an approximate answer would probably be to create a fluid bed and use the same particles you are concerned with. You could adjust the water depth and speed until you get the outcome you are analyzing.

Cheers thanks very much. Thats probably what I will do now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread