Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were born left-handed Frankn, there's a good chance you might be right handed now. My mom was born left-handed, and the schools forced her to be right handed. My dad was born left handed, but he was stubborn and refused to change. He dropped out after 5th grade. My right is my strong hand, but a lot of things my dad taught me I learned left handed, like using a shovel, swingin an axe, or swingin a baseball bat. That left handed baseball bat is a good thing to know, cause in little league they always seemed to put the slackers out in right field, and you could generally always get on base. Good post.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rginn, strange you mentioned it. My father was born left handed and was forced by the school to write right handed. He wound up able to write with both hands. My right hand is stronger, but my left is close. Frank

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
With the time difference, I log in to TN during your night time, (day time here). I noticed the "purple screen," but it was gone when I later logged in, when it was during your day time. I thought it was some sort of "site work" being done by Marc

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another forgotten portion of American education history, Frankn. The left hand was wrong. They would beat you if you didn't change. Dad was born in 33 and is pretty much has been a real man and didn't tolerate it. Mom was born in 38 and was more adaptable and able to change and be ambidextrous. She quit in the 8th grade though, probably cause she was pregnant with me. A good thing about being left handed, it's very hard to judge them in a fistfight or gunfight.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to guess right handed but you lost your right arm somewhere in the dense jungles of Vietnam. You then had to use your left hand, although uncomfortable to you, for the thumbs-up pic that your wife would have taken but she was at the store. You then taught yourself how to aim your camera and put the timer on so you could take the pic yourself. Guess my detective skills are lacking. :(

K

Kentucky Kache

I shoot a long gun left handed, but I'm right handed in everything else. What's up with that? :dontknow:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you are saying rginn. I had a nun smack my hand with a ruler numerous times if I was writing with my left. She said I was "Possessed of the Devil"! The desks were those wrap-around kind and all of the desks in that school wrapped around fron the right. That's why, to this day, I have to turn the paper completely sideways to write. I could draw very good in school and it seemed to be okay for me to draw Christmas scenes on the chalkboard with colored chalk using my left hand. :dontknow:
One of my brothers sent me this some time back. If you wind her up, sparks shoot from her mouth as she walks. ;D

Attachments

• thenun.jpg
    thenun.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Packer, that's called a vivid imagination

Kentucky, perhaps your left eye is better.

Unicorn, but your a day ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread