Obsessed? Maybe...

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
Not much to say. Going to get help soon though................After I get a nice PI unit. Hahaha.

I did however put my old red heads on my newer excal with the WOT. Those headphones are like 14 years old and sound MUCH louder than the Koss', that's why I left them on. When I hooked up the yellow head phones to the older excal it actually sounded really nice because as some of you know the older ones run louder and stronger in my personal opinion, so the headphones sound really good on the old excal also. Had a few issues with the WOT to start....Got it all straight finally. The service techs at Minelab were great and helpful, as well as the crew at Coiltech. Both responded by phone calls with in hours.

I guess I should add....

1 Whites MXT with a 5x8 S.E.F coil

1 Stock Excal II 800

1 Modified Excal II with old red heads and a W.O.T coil from Coiltech

1 1994 (number 321) with stock 10 inch and the yellow headphones of other newer Excal II

Southernstyle

Attachments

• excals 003.JPG
    excals 003.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Its funny you posted this. Next machine on my list, at least type, is a PI.

Question for ya. Does that WOT coil get you any more depth? Have you tested that? Anyway. HH -Joe

Southernstyle said:
Not much to say. Going to get help soon though................After I get a nice PI unit. Hahaha.

I did however put my old red heads on my newer excal with the WOT. Those headphones are like 14 years old and sound MUCH louder than the Koss', that's why I left them on. When I hooked up the yellow head phones to the older excal it actually sounded really nice because as some of you know the older ones run louder and stronger in my personal opinion, so the headphones sound really good on the old excal also. Had a few issues with the WOT to start....Got it all straight finally. The service techs at Minelab were great and helpful, as well as the crew at Coiltech. Both responded by phone calls with in hours.

I guess I should add....

1 Whites MXT with a 5x8 S.E.F coil

1 Stock Excal II 800

1 Modified Excal II with old red heads and a W.O.T coil from Coiltech

1 1994 (number 321) with stock 10 inch and the yellow headphones of other newer Excal II

Southernstyle

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man ,I wish I had 3 excals. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know the feeling.....When you find help, see if they give a group discount... :laughing7:

Excal 1000 with S-12 coil
Excal 1000 with WOT coil
Waterproofed Sov GT with WOT coil
Sov GT with SEF Butterfly 15"18" coil
Spare WOT coil and SEF Butterfly 12"15" coil

DSCF2034.jpg

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
Very nice. Did you 5s your wall?

I'm trying not to think about work right now but that post is not helping :(

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WIT said:
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
Very nice. Did you 5s your wall?

I'm trying not to think about work right now but that post is not helping :(
Sorry man!! I know how you feel!! I just had to throw that down there with the squares on the wall. If it makes you feel better, I am sitting at work right now and have to go look at my 5s area. :'(

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Talk about your big boys toys! :tongue3: Now that my divorce is behind me(that took about 3 years), maybe I can afford to play too. Just got my first PI unit a few weeks ago to go with my CZ. It's finding just enough to feed the gold fever. Going to buy my next unit next week. Got to have the right tools for the job at hand. Check on that group discount when you find help. Looks like I'm going to need it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions