Obsidian

shawnwa

Greenie
Jun 10, 2023
These two pieces along with many others were found at Campbell high school in Campbell California. Preparing for a new parking lot, the earth had been scraped and graded for asphalt. It rained the night before asphalt was laid. on arrival in the morning the obsidian pieces were visible shining in the sun and collected. Pictured here is one point, and one piece that appears to have been struck and roughed out most likely for trading as the obsidian probably came from the north. please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
Upvote 7

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish there was obsidian around here, never seen an ugly obsidian tool. Too bad that spot is going to be lost Id be looking for more. Nice little triangle, though to tell on the other with the one angle.

OP
OP
S

shawnwa

Greenie
Jun 10, 2023
The most obsidian I have ever seen was in Utah.
same. ive got a monster chunk of rainbow from glass mountian area, and a small piece of snowflake. other than these points and tools that are from all over the country. most of them found by my father, who was a palaeontologist. but none to be found in my area either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread