Obtainium

Cappy Z

Jun 29, 2012
Atlantis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obtainium is a word I first heard on a TV show called Stuck with Hacket. It basically means anything you get for FREE. There is a ton of useful stuff everywhere. I used to look down on hoarders, now I actually respect them as long as the hoard is relatively organized. But lately with the price of Gold what it is...i keep thinking there must be a lot of old electronic or radio stuff that used gold in the 1940's and 50's. Anybody been hunting for valuable Obtainium? 8-)

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
For the last 50 years I've been trying to find the location of the only known UPSADAISIUM mine. Since Rocky and Bullwinkle are no longer around perhaps Boris Badenov or Natasha might have the answer.

RESET

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spare room full of scrap computers that I have gotten for free. There is more money per computer in the steel, copper and aluminum than there is in gold. Unless you get your hands on some unused military spec connectors, consider the gold inside a little bit of gravey, you will get more for the rest of the metals involved. I have read that there is 1 ozt of gold in 1 TON of cell phones. Better than some paydirt but really hard to get at.

OP
OP
Cappy Z

Cappy Z

Jun 29, 2012
Atlantis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spare room full of scrap computers that I have gotten for free. There is more money per computer in the steel, copper and aluminum than there is in gold. Unless you get your hands on some unused military spec connectors, consider the gold inside a little bit of gravey, you will get more for the rest of the metals involved. I have read that there is 1 ozt of gold in 1 TON of cell phones. Better than some paydirt but really hard to get at.

John Droid says we can use his backyard as a sorting dump for our Obtainium.

I'll post his home address here shortly...8-)

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
My problem is UN-Obtanium. it's right next to the gold on my prospecting claim, and seems to be masking it (the gold) real well..... ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread