All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes the japanese had "paper" money made for use by the locals in the phillipines --american soldiers that went to the phillipines in 1944 to retake them from the japanese often brought the bills home a "sovie" items -- a sort of see I was there thing.

the japanese also printed "mexican" peso notes fpr use in mexico *--they had planned to invade several of mexico's west coast ports to use as a bases to attack america from. (that of course never happened)

OP
OP
airborne1092

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is exactly what they are - they are the 1942 series; I have several 5 & 10 Peso bills.

According to the wiki, they weren't worth too much!

Probably not too much these days either!

Thanks folks - I'm suprised I didn't see that wiki entry - I am after all the Wiki-king here at work!

:headbang:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I recently bought my daughter a Japanese one peso bill from the 1943 series. I didn't even realize what it was. A dealer at a local coin show was selling various foreign bills three for $1 so we picked up a few which included one of the Japanese bills. I'm sure that they are worth less than 33 cents but my kids just love getting all kinds of money from other countries so we picked out a few for their collections. I never knew that this particular bill had such an interesting story behind it.

Thanks for the info. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread