๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
long story short, beach detecting not so hot this past week, 4 hrs total over the course of 5 days netted me a whopping just over 8 bucks, and some bling, plus junk, Man I cant wait to put my coil over some PA soil!, the beach just wasn't for me, yeah the "digs" were easy but nothing shiny or old to feed my fix. Im sure ill catch flack for that but ehh, to each their own I guess, thanks for looking at my very new, very not impressive clad lol 20140725_211416_resized.jpg 20140725_211438_resized.jpg

Upvote 13

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buddy you ain't lying, something about that old dirt.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the beach. A ton of targets but none of that "I wonder what this could be" feel. Sweet clad haul though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the beach. A ton of targets but none of that "I wonder what this could be" feel. Sweet clad haul though. :thumbsup:

ya know, when I find a quarter in the soil and its clad, its obvious, at the beach I am about 99.93567 percent sure of what im digging before it comes out, when it comes to coins. Just not exciting ya know?

plus something I left unsaid, walking the beach in flipflops trying to detect is some work on the calf muscles, lol
I dunno, I guess for the easy factor, it was ok, but like I said, it did NOTHING for my need for the good stuff, and yes I am well aware that if my coil isn't over it, its not there. Oh well, im hitting the dirt hard sunday!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hear ya. I've tried just about every kind of terrain in my "career". Finding old silver/gold coins in some nice deep, rich soil is my favorite as well. If the beach is worked seriously enough, with the right equipment it can be quite lucrative. But, for the most part, hunting the deep soft sand is just plain work, (and no shade!). :)

It's all in what one gets used to and has success doing. I'd expect you would be singing a different tune if you had 20 diamond rings from your beach hunt. LOL ;)

Didja at least try the waterline, to see how the machine worked there?

Hope you enjoyed your time away, I think Old Dude has plans of wiping up the fields with ya when you get back! ;) LOL

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
long story short, beach detecting not so hot this past week, 4 hrs total over the course of 5 days netted me a whopping just over 8 bucks, and some bling, plus junk, Man I cant wait to put my coil over some PA soil!, the beach just wasn't for me, yeah the "digs" were easy but nothing shiny or old to feed my fix. Im sure ill catch flack for that but ehh, to each their own I guess, thanks for looking at my very new, very not impressive clad lo
]

Nice.

I HAVE to get down there. I'm about 3 hrs. (150 mi.) away and haven't been all year. I used to go every year for at least a week. I have many, many fantastic memories all over that town.

Did you see many people detecting??

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didja at least try the waterline, to see how the machine worked there?

Hope you enjoyed your time away, I think Old Dude has plans of wiping up the fields with ya when you get back! ;) LOL
Yeah but ground balancing at 15-17 made me feel as if I was wasting my time. And yes 20 rings would be nice lol

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone to South Padri Island to M/D here but there are so many that go to the beach here you almost have to be right behind some one as they drop it to find it . lol

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting is a BEACH sometimes. At least you have some trinkets to plant for Dave to dig up on your next hunt together. :tongue3:
Hope you had a relaxing time at least. Feel free to post any scantily CLAD photos of the beach dwellers. :thumbsup:
-DUHg-

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, there is nothing nicer then walking the beach at sunrise, digging targets, the whole place to yourself! Peaceful and sometimes lucrative

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well please do not get me wrong I do you like the beach I like it alot and i will occasionally be going to the beach trust me I have not given up just look at my post of the 58 caliber bullet that I found today

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach hunting is mainly timing and location, it does require a slightly different mind set. Digging is easy, your going to dig a lot more and it's mainly going to be trash but when the goodies are located it's sweet!

GL. HH!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the beach (OC,NJ) Thursday, I spent two hours walking around in circles and found a quarter! I spent an hour and a half in a yard hunt here in town yesterday and got excited when I found a wheat at four inches and in that area I found four more targets at four inches. It was much more exciting (found two more wheats and a 1968 quarter) I feel your pain, it is nice being on the sand, in the water, the sights are great but the finds are not what we desire. I'd be excited if I were you to get home and detect in that trashy yard of yours, haaaaaaa lol!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes treble, my yard is very trashy lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting is a BEACH sometimes. At least you have some trinkets to plant for Dave to dig up on your next hunt together. :tongue3:
Hope you had a relaxing time at least. Feel free to post any scantily CLAD photos of the beach dwellers. :thumbsup:
-DUHg-

aza3ugaq.jpg

ruquzesy.jpg

Anything for a friend, Doug!

NJ Garrett

Apr 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where were you detecting? I wonder if we crossed paths! I was hunting mostly from 30th to 65th street. Last week was not a good week for detecting. I believe that the waterline was sanded in. The sand was very soft and was not getting may signals.

The previous week was much better. I found a lot more items. The sand was much more compact, and the low tide line was further receded. A storm also blew in about midway through the week, which churned up a lot of items.

I just posted my finds. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Kevin

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where were you detecting? I wonder if we crossed paths! I was hunting mostly from 30th to 65th street. Last week was not a good week for detecting. I believe that the waterline was sanded in. The sand was very soft and was not getting may signals.

The previous week was much better. I found a lot more items. The sand was much more compact, and the low tide line was further receded. A storm also blew in about midway through the week, which churned up a lot of items.

I just posted my finds. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Kevin

Your finds were way better than mine!
I hit 52 to 58th st twice, and once by 18th to 12th St
Just wasn't into it I guess

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread