Oct 14th 2006 Metal Detecting Expedition! Everyone Invited!!

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I've decided to make use of this board and begin announcing all of my treasure hunting trips. Everyone from the forum is invited, and I would encourage anyone in the area who wants to make some new friends and have some fun to come with us! So far there are three of us in this treasure hunting "club", only two of us are members here (myself and i,herbie). Just as a reference I live in the Denver/Boulder area of Colorado and for the most part these hunts will be relatively close to this area.

Ok our next trip, this Saturday Oct 14th, we are headed to Gold Hill, CO. It is the site of the first gold discovery in Colorado. There is an old mine to the south of the town, and there should be a few ruined cabins or old areas that we can hunt. The town is still populated however, so it's not a ghost town, but the area is rich with mining history and we're bound to discover some good things!

PM me or respond to this thread if you're interested in coming! I'm hoping to begin these trips on a monthly basis, and I'll post them here for everyone to see!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...29,-105.410299&spn=0.006011,0.016608&t=h&om=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Hill,_Colorado

madfranks

A

Aguila

Hey guys, good luck on your hunt. It sounds very interesting and you do have the potential for a real find. I am from a little further south in Colorado and like to do my hunting in the Salida area. Keep in touch, we might just be able to get together and dig a few left over nuggets sometime.
Aguila

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
So, what happened on October 14th?

Did you find anything over at Gold HIll?

Dec 26, 2006
Centennial, CO
Madfranks,
I live in the south end of Denver (Centennial) and when the weather clears up a little (like next spring I guess) I would like to go on one of your explorations with you. I have tagged your posts so I can keep track of when you post and be alerted.

I am on the trail of a reputed lost mine down in the Platte Canyon area. Let me know if you know anything about that area. I would love to compare notes and maybe find someone to go up there and look with me.

Hope you stay warm in the new blizzard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread