Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out for a short 2 hour Land hunt at the Wheatie Field, after getting skunked during my DEUS Baptism at the Redneck Riviera.
Managed to Capture the Rare & Elusive 42P OD Nickel :notworthy:, a 29 Wheatie, and a few other items.
Changing name from "Wheatie Field" to "OD Park".

Attachments

• DSC02950.JPG
    DSC02950.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC02952.JPG
    DSC02952.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC02954.JPG
    DSC02954.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 12

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great capture there BP. I don't know how that OD Nickel snuck away and made its way to Mississippi. But glad you're gonna return it to NE Penn so that it might have a chance to be reunited with its namesake.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh geez here we go lmao!

Good hunt!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OD is so happy he's dancing in the streets! The Pied Piper of coins bearing his name! :laughing7:

Attachments

• oldmandancing.jpg
    oldmandancing.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 81

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe other OD Nickels will be popping out of the ground in anticipation of this reunion to the OD Nickel homeland. Anyone finding any OD Nickels today in NEPA??

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great capture there BP. I don't know how that OD Nickel snuck away and made its way to Mississippi. But glad you're gonna return it to NE Penn so that it might have a chance to be reunited with its namesake.
Probably snuck away down here for the good southern cooking and the beautiful ladies.
"Oh, Give me a home where to OD Nickels Roam, ......"

Attachments

• thHRA9H9XM.jpg
    thHRA9H9XM.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 71

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the OD Nickel, little rough looking though. :)

I wonder if OD hates me for the tagging? :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As they say " If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen." As long as they're picking on me, someone else is getting a breather lol.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but according to the legend of the OD Nickel when enough OD Nickels are found and returned to NEPA the curse that was cast on the unsuspecting mder will be broken and he will be able to find one of these elusive coins.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OD is so happy he's dancing in the streets! The Pied Piper of coins bearing his name! :laughing7:
When I send it, can we get him to take a picture with it, and then maybe an Honorable Mention Vote?
C/O Old Dude.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I send it, can we get him to take a picture with it, and then maybe an Honorable Mention Vote?
C/O Old Dude.

Oh you'll have to send it to Chris or Nepa-Will and they will have to bury it 3" deep. If Dave were to touch it before actually finding one the curse would grow and he would only find clad forever

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GOT SOME NICE ONES THERE PICKER.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh you'll have to send it to Chris or Nepa-Will and they will have to bury it 3" deep. If Dave were to touch it before actually finding one the curse would grow and he would only find clad forever
Someone send me PM me Chris's addy quick......
I like the idea of tapeing it to the bottom of his coil....

Attachments

• thYXW752MJ.jpg
    thYXW752MJ.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 82

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great rare find! OD Park has got a sister park here in NEPA. Was gonna post this as my own thread, but it is definitely more fitting tied into yours. Went and hit the woods outside an old local park and hit that good old nickel signal. Dug the hole and out popped a crusty old Jefferson. Probed the hole to double check. Low and behold an OD Nickel. Stuck that pro pointer in again and just like that OD Nickel (x2). Took that pic and immediately messaged Cjon to put a smile on his face.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Anyway. Must be the year of the OD Nickels, because I found this many so far image.jpg and my total OD Nickels dug so far in NEPA. image.jpg

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great rare find! OD Park has got a sister park here in NEPA. Was gonna post this as my own thread, but it is definitely more fitting tied into yours. Went and hit the woods outside an old local park and hit that good old nickel signal. Dug the hole and out popped a crusty old Jefferson. Probed the hole to double check. Low and behold an OD Nickel. Stuck that pro pointer in again and just like that OD Nickel (x2). Took that pic and immediately messaged Cjon to put a smile on his face.
View attachment 1198242 View attachment 1198244 View attachment 1198245 Anyway. Must be the year of the OD Nickels, because I found this many so far View attachment 1198252 and my total OD Nickels dug so far in NEPA. View attachment 1198255
My OD field has a sister in NePa, who'da thunk it..
Nice finds and OD nickel scores. I think I have 5 or 6 so far this year. OD Park has produced 3 this year.
I think youre right about year of the OD Nickel. I just checked Chinese calendar and Year of the OD Nickel is right after the year of the Rat and before the year of the Monkey.
HH

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1198242 View attachment 1198244 View attachment 1198245 Anyway. Must be the year of the OD Nickels, because I found this many so far View attachment 1198252 and my total OD Nickels dug so far in NEPA. View attachment 1198255

[SIcurse. Will I know now that the legend is true. They know that bonepickers OD Nickel is coming home so yours must have pushed themselves near the surface and Willed you over. You must be the chosen one with a name like Will to help end this curse.Please bury bonepickers OD Nickel exactly 3" deep when you receive it. Oh what a Banner day its gonna be when the curse is lifted and Dave finally is allowed to find one. Congrats on your finds Will or shall I say the chosen one[/SIZE]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions