Odd dynamics to this bend in the creek, where would you digg

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a gold bearing creek but I just cant find where it it concentrating itself. Where would you digg at? creek1.jpg

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you divulge which way the creek is flowing?

All the best,

Lanny

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sample all over the bends until u hit some color then check for any bedrock and scrape it up good. SAMPLE SAMPLE is the name of the game, sometimes gold surprises you as it can be in odd spots. Good luck and happy hunting...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The shape of the deposits may be driven by how the creek behaves during floods. A hard bend like that can literally make the water pile up before the bend and when water piles up it drops a lot of heavies including gold.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doubled, what is your definition of overburden? The def should include sand and gravel. Anywhere UNDER or in the sandbar, inside curves. In the bottom of the drop-off. TTC

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Terryc. from the looks of it that whole bend is good from the bottom side of the gravel pile and probably the inside of the bend where water stills but the deepest part or a ledge in bedrock would be good too. It looks really good to me wish I were helping :D
BEST OF LUCK!! psss.....gotta dredge? find that bedrock!!

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep me too!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, Terryc. from the looks of it that whole bend is good from the bottom side of the gravel pile and probably the inside of the bend where water stills but the deepest part or a ledge in bedrock would be good too. It looks really good to me wish I were helping :D
BEST OF LUCK!! psss.....gotta dredge? find that bedrock!!
I agree, Don, But is he dredging? A dredge surely would be best. His map is also devoid of scale. Is the sandbar 20 feet long or 200 yards? Difficult to answer his post without more info. TTC

OP
OP
D

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No dredge for now, I haven't had time to really digg to deep but my deff of overburden is untill the first major layer of gravel... I have gotten some wire gold underneath a small boulder 10 at the very beginning of the first curve. I get back with yall tommorrow gonna spend 4-5 hours just sampling the area I have a feeling that the drop off is catching the gold though and I don't have waders and water temp is in the 40's burrrrr..

thanks again happy hunting

OP
OP
D

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No dredge for now, I haven't had time to really digg to deep but my deff of overburden is untill the first major layer of gravel... I have gotten some wire gold underneath a small boulder 10 at the very beginning of the first curve. I get back with yall tommorrow gonna spend 4-5 hours just sampling the area I have a feeling that the drop off is catching the gold though and I don't have waders and water temp is in the 40's burrrrr..

thanks again happy hunting

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would start Loaming and making sample trenches up on the banks and hillsides if possible and try to find out where your creek is beining fed it's gold.. And it's quite possible that no concetration exsists just becouse there is a nice bend ect ect ect.. Anyway just my two cents

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread