Odd vintage photo from TS.

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this picture up the other day because it caught my eye. Oddest picture i've seen in some time. It appears to be a woman, blindfolded, chained to a chair or something? It seems to be a real picture, but not positive. There are nails that are driven into the back of the frame, keeping the backing on it. It also has a sticker that reads "Marshall Field & Company", with some hand written text under it. I think its dated 1-6-01. Anyways, if anyone has ever seen anything like it and knows anything about it, please let me know!! Thanks all.

Aug315 054.JPG Aug315 055.JPG Aug315 056.JPG Aug315 058.JPG Aug315 057.JPG Aug315 059.JPG

OP
OP
DomAdd

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Digging. I did find out that much, but its the actual picture that has me stumped. Just seems like a very weird picture for that era, hell, its odd for right now lol.

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is supposed to be Mercy or Justice, personified. Typically Justice is depicted as a woman, blindfolded- so I am certain that is what it pertains to - and the round shape under her likely is to symbolize the world. I think the 1.601 is a lot number, from the look it could be WW1 related? As a piece of art or political poster?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ID Dig. I would say it is a faded print of that painting though, not a photo. If it is a photo, the photographer matched the original painting with amazing detail.

Last edited:

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew I had seen this before,but couldn't recall what it was named. Around here,when I do go to the GoodWill or thrift store,even with the fleamarket,I don't always find things like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread