Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had the weirdest hunt ever tonite, hunted an old house and got a token and a wheat in the front, not much else and wandered around back to check around the clothes line. First signal was kinda bouncing around but dug it and it was 3-4 coins fused together, and one hole after another I continued to find coins that were either fused together or melted. Obviously there was some sort of fire, I will prob put them all in a tumbler because a lot of them I can’t tell what they are. Got several wheats that are recognizable, several buffalo nickels, barber dimes,Washington quarter, half of a barber quarter lol, several melted silver dimes.....over 40 coins and all are old lol. Looks like 10 silvers total. My buddy came back there and dug another dozen or so after I was already back there an hour. Everything was all within a 8x8 foot area....strange!!!! Gonna throw them in tumbler tomorrow to see what all the coppers and nickels are.

dirty 10-8.jpg 10-8 burn silver.jpg

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was only a small maybe 6x8 area that was infested with nails and coins, no melted plastic or any other trash, so trash pit or burn pile is ruled out, and it was in town, and standing house pre-dated the coins, so doubtful it was another house there. I still say it was a small outbuilding that burnt down and there was possibly a small jar of coins inside tucked away.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ran them in a tumbler for hours, even tried electrolysis....99% are toast....ended up with 46 coins total

25 wheats
5 buffalo
2 V's
4 mercs
2 barber dimes
1 washington quarter 1934
Half of a barber quarter
1/6th maybe of a half dollar....I am guessing because of the thickness and you can see reeded edges on chunk

and mystery 22 cent coin sandwich had:
buff on outside, wheat on other outside, inside consisted of mystery penny, mystery nickel, and mystery silver dime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread