Ode to the Frustrated and New CRHrs of America

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Ode to the Frustrated and New CRH'rs of America

Not everyone finds 4 bazillion silvers per day, at every bank they stop at LOL.

I drove through 7 counties hitting every bank available FIFTY-TWO BANKS, for a whole day once (end of last year). Banks
had a TOTAL of $148.00 in halves. Most had none, couple had a few loose, one or
2 had a roll or so. Silver score on those... ZERO.

That covered a good chunk of half of Pennsylvania that day... Dont get toooo high of
hopes, there just isnt 12 million dollars in free silver sitting in every vault in the country.

Apparantely the Coin Counting machines are loaded though... like 800.00 out of 900.00 all silver...
with a couple dozen gold Double Eagles too once in a while ! And also some folks are
finding 1700's Spanish treasure in Coinstars at the Supermarket!!! Heck, I just found a 30 oz.
Platinum bullion bar in a dime roll !!!

All kidding aside....

... basically there is silver to find, just dont expect to strike it rich with amazing consistancy.. aint
gonna happen. When you do find a "rare" jackpot, enjoy every moment of it, you are VERY lucky.

Its a fun hobby, have fun ! Dont let it get you down when you read someone just bought a Porsche
with their CRH finds during 1 week. Just say "what-eva", and search some more rolls and enjoy
yourself.

I just felt alot of new CRH'rs arriving here, are completely frustrated wondering why they cant find
a single 90% coin, or a Franklin etc etc. Sadly thats the reality of it. Keep plugging away and youll collect
some silver over time... I promise :) And good luck hitting your jackpot... it does happen.... just not 4 times
a week ::)

Happy Searchin' and good luck !

Upvote 0

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ode to the Frustrated and New CRH'rs of America

Part of the trick is finding out where you can find them.

My first few thousand dollars in halves (prior to me finding this forum) produced only 4-5 40% Kennedys and that was it. I thought all the silver was gone just like it is in quarters. After I found this forum, I learned a little and changed my search pattern, not sticking to just the one bank I had been getting my halves at. Since then I have found a few hundred silver halves. Granted, I have visited a lot banks to do so.

The banks appear to operate differently in different regions of the country. Probably due to the amount and types of competition in the area. Learn by trial and error, and if you find something that works. Go with it.

HCRHing.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007

Actually a few here on the forum have found silver quarters. I have never searched a box but think I will give it a try.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

GMan00001 said:
Part of the trick is finding out where you can find them.

My first few thousand dollars in halves (prior to me finding this forum) produced only 4-5 40% Kennedys and that was it. I thought all the silver was gone just like it is in quarters. After I found this forum, I learned a little and changed my search pattern, not sticking to just the one bank I had been getting my halves at. Since then I have found a few hundred silver halves. Granted, I have visited a lot banks to do so.

The banks appear to operate differently in different regions of the country. Probably due to the amount and types of competition in the area. Learn by trial and error, and if you find something that works. Go with it.

HCRHing.

Sage advice from both raptor686 and gman0001.

This is clearly a hobby that requires patience and perserverience; not to mention a fair amount of liquid capital. 8).

If you keep plugging away, you will see results.

A great weekend and Happy CRHing to all

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Raptor686 said:
Not everyone finds 4 bazillion silvers per day, at every bank they stop at LOL.

Yeah, it is sometimes discouraging when you read the great find posts, but you are finding squat.
I think it is just that only the really good finds get posted, and the hundreds of skunk and near skunk searches are not posted. So here I post my last 4 boxes were 0-90%, 0-40%, 0-proofs AND 0-Walking Liberties!!!! A grand total of 0 keepers. :P

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

I think you're right about posting only success, Jake.
I tend not to post all the crap I dig up with the metal detector.......

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II

Coin Roll Hunting is just like Metal Detecting, you have to put in the time and effort to get any results. I find CRH more rewarding than MDing, an hour of MDing at the local park I will find maybe 40-50 cents in change, an hour of halves I might find 10 silver coins. Look at my signature line for how I've done so far this year. Happy Hunting!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

prizm II said:
Coin Roll Hunting is just like Metal Detecting, you have to put in the time and effort to get any results. I find CRH more rewarding than MDing, an hour of MDing at the local park I will find maybe 40-50 cents in change, an hour of halves I might find 10 silver coins. Look at my signature line for how I've done so far this year. Happy Hunting!

It sure is- and research is not that important and you don't get dirty and you can do it at night or in the rain!
Oh- and you don't need an expensive machines or batteries!
It's about the only free hobby that I know of that's profitable!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread