Off Again Today From Work. Got Some More Oldies From A Land Hunt This Morning

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
sinbad.jpg

I just can't sleep in at this time of year. My body clock automatically wakes me up at 06:00, even on my days off. I packed up my GTI 2500 and hunted an older part of Edmonton.

allcoins.jpg

After about 4 hours, I packed it in. Just too tired. Here's my best coins for the day. I tend to find a lot of US coins in Edmonton. It was the gateway to the north, so a lot of people stopped by to buy supplies on their route to the Yukon and Alaska for the gold rush. Also, the Alaskan highway runs west of Edmonton, and the construction crews often stayed in Edmonton. And, one more piece of trivia.....an airbase just touching the northern part of Edmonton has the longest runway in Canada, and was for many years, an alternative landing spot for the space shuttle in case there was ever an emergency.

Below are a couple of more interesting finds from today. :)

Attachments

• rhinestones.jpg
    rhinestones.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 514
  • rhinestones.jpg
    rhinestones.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day of hunting there. What's the deal with the knife? is it the same thickness throughout? Any markings? It has (from this angle) almost a throwing knife appearance to me, but would have a crappy balance point. Plus I live in Denver, we can get weird here. City of Fun!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Great day of hunting there. What's the deal with the knife? is it the same thickness throughout? Any markings? It has (from this angle) almost a throwing knife appearance to me, but would have a crappy balance point. Plus I live in Denver, we can get weird here. City of Fun!

That knife is probably a prop for a play. It is too thin and too flexible for a real knife. Cheap cheap cheap! I thought of Sinbad when I first spotted it.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Re: Off Again Today From Work. Got Some More Oldies From A Land Hunt This Mornin

Great finds!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread