off early

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
went to one of the local lakes, - Lake Mills to play with the beach hunter ( my new toy) in the swimming hole I would like to have gone a little deeper but every time i venture into more than 3-4 ft of water a gator would move in to close for comfort I had to stay near the beach, wish i had my camera at the lake

anyway found couple bucks in clad a bicentennial quarter, and a English new pence

Attachments

• treasure_hunting 5_10.jpg
    treasure_hunting 5_10.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handfull of clad! I don't know if I'd do 3-4" with gators around! The only thing I fear in Germany is a female wild boar with piglets. HH, Mike

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi nice find and its nice to see that all places in the world still has wildlife even though some can be dangerous.AS THE GATOR SAID THIS MY WATER HOLE GET YOUR OWN. LOL

tinpan

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just confirmed that the deceased woman found floating in a canal in Davie,Fl. yesterday was killed by a gator.Estimated 8-10 feet,bolo.Btw did you check out the link I gave you in your other post"Downey lake Orlando catch of the day".

OP
OP
Will_detect4food

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
yes I heard about the gator attack. Also that is a very tempting lake I may just take a drive down there next week if i get another early day

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Will,

interesting.

Detecting with the gators; I'll take
a pass ;)

have a good un...........

Hope to see many more of your post, for your sake ;)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) And here I am tip-toeing around the snakes. :P

Congrats on those finds Will!

;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better take a gator gun with you. Preferably a large caliber. Tsgman

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
On CNN last night they reported that 3 women were killed/eaten in one week by gators. Congrats on your finds but stay away from the gators, no treasure is worth your life. I've also eaten gator and I can tell you that it looks like chicken but it does not taste like it. It has a unique taste all it's own,and I don't care for it.

OP
OP
Will_detect4food

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
being a Floridian gators are just part of our environment, not as aggressive saltwater crocks, but yes dangerous, I have encountered them many times, even caught them on a fishing pole. My crazy cracker neighbor will run down the bank and tackle a 5 footer and drag it up the shore where he stomps it to death. Then cuts the tail off takes it home and fries it up..

I dont chase them into the water, but it really is a site to see

Attachments

• gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 145

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread