Offended. We need censorship.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have an ex-wife that eats Pit Bulls for breakfast.. :laughing7:

I bet you miss her in the morning! LOL Frank...
7-06  WOODCUTS 011a.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have members here who won some nice prizes, Ron Lord walk away with $5000 on one, I won detectors and cash several times. ...

You may pass up on chance at $5k but I dont. There were hundreds of us at the last Great Southern Shootout ion Daytona Beach.... 7 hunts over 3 days and it was a blast.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
We have members here who won some nice prizes, Ron Lord walk away with $5000 on one, I won detectors and cash several times. ...

You may pass up on chance at $5k but I dont. There were hundreds of us at the last Great Southern Shootout ion Daytona Beach.... 7 hunts over 3 days and it was a blast.....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

I have never participated in an organized hunt, but I must admit the chance to win some cool prizes is attractive.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes..I remember well the stories my grandfather told me.
His grandfather would go outside and toss coins around his house and yard.
Explained that, someday, they would have "detectors". This caught on and soon everyone was doing it!
Ex wives jewelry was a favorite!
It is ALL seeded!
HEH!!:laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
feel free to toss gold nuggets, coins and jewelry in my yard anytime

fmfdoc

Mar 14, 2014
Mc David, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think it's that big a deal, personally. Like others, here, it's just a hobby to me. I personally use this site to gleen knowledge from those who have more experience. And peek at some interesting finds that others claim to have made. Most are "real", I'm sure. There is always that small % that "go for glory". IF your offended by seeded hunts, don't open those discussions. As for me, and mine- I won't get my big-boy panties in a bunch...

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not totally sure whether this thread is/was against planted, club hunts etc. or implying that some folks plant items to enhance their "finds" stories. At any rate, I attend several seeded club hunts per year and enjoy the interaction with other treasure hunters as well as the chance to find prize tokens and compare experiences. If this type of hunt doesn't appeal to one, they certainly don't have to attend as the "to each his own" rule applies and attending one of these in no way eliminates "wild" hunts through the season.
luvsdux

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw were some one said they use there skill in a seeded hunt……… What skill running across a field as fast as you can swinging a detector and when it sounds off dig..

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't like the show change the channel. Oh wait if you don't like seeded hunts don't go to them. If you don't like post about seeded hunts ignore them. Offended really?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't like the show change the channel. Oh wait if you don't like seeded hunts don't go to them. If you don't like post about seeded hunts ignore them. Offended really?
He asked for opinion's on seeded hunts ..If you like them i do not care …If i do not like them you should not care .. So then if some one does not agree with yours they should not post… Your opinion is the only one that counts…. I thought on Tnet we discussed at times different things with out attack's on others… But a lot on these web sites have a very short fuse...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you know?Do you know everybody personally?:laughing7:Dont think so.One person in here was caught taking the pictures of another member and posting it as his own.
Well red i do not even go to the today's finds forum . And i guess you know why..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He asked for opinion's on seeded hunts ..If you like them i do not care …If i do not like them you should not care .. So then if some one does not agree with yours they should not post… Your opinion is the only one that counts…. I thought on Tnet we discussed at times different things with out attack's on others… But a lot on these web sites have a very short fuse...

Keppy he did not ask for opinions he attacked seeded hunts.......

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish some people would stop seeding my hunting ground...with pop tops, tin foil, bottle caps, and can slaw!
They should use gold and silver!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I was responding to the original question not you post. You can have any opinion you want. The only short fuse seems to be yours.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't do seeded hunts for one main reason. :icon_scratch: I like finding things that actually have been lost, :thumbsup: preferably by someone from the 19th century or earlier. :dontknow: However I don't dismiss other peoples desires to get into the hobby. If you do seeded hunts to learn how to detect. If you do seeded hunts to get easy money and prizes. Maybe you do them cause you can't find a good place to find older items. That's your business and if you enjoy it or not you have every right to express it !!
Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did them for the potential of winning detectors ( Excals, sovereigns, Tiger Sharks, Sand Sharks, DFX, and many others ), gold coins, silver rounds, 50 oz silver bar and multiple cash prizes including top prize of $5,000.00

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread