Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks keep the chatter up as we get closer to feb 1st!!, Wife and I are off to Mexico on our cruise shortly....everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! See ya in the new year!!...gregg

Also would like to take the time to thank everyone who has donated and to those who continue to donate prizes for the hunt.

a BIG ​THANK YOU!!!!

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sign me up!! Just got my detector and looking on this as a learning experience for me! I will make reservations with the lodge tmrw!

Ocala I will PM you as I am in the business of gloves and can donate some great gloves for everyone! I have used them with my new detector digging and man I love them!:thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign me up!! Just got my detector and looking on this as a learning experience for me! I will make reservations with the lodge tmrw!

Ocala I will PM you as I am in the business of gloves and can donate some great gloves for everyone! I have used them with my new detector digging and man I love them!:thumbsup:

Got you added!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoo-hoo, I love history! Look what I found...

Swimming%20at%20Convict%20Spring%20picture%201958.jpg
Convict Spring during high water conditions. 1958.

Swimming%20at%20Convict%20Spring1958.jpg
Convict Spring during high water conditions. 1958.

Boaters%20at%20the%20docks%20%20Convict%20Spring,%20Florida%20picture%20.jpg
Photo overlooking the river from Convict Spring.

Convict%20Spring%20picture.jpg
Concrete work around the spring head. (Does not state year)

spring_pictures_001_500x374.jpg
Photo from SRRR's website.

The Suwannee River Rendezvous Resort & Campground is home to Convict Spring. Convict Spring is a natural fresh water spring that feeds the Suwannee River.

Connie_click-me.gif Suwannee Guide - History

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
800px-Mayo_FL_US_27_west01.jpg
Permission is granted to copy
Mayo, Florida; US 27, looking west

800px-Mayo_FL_brick_bldg.jpg
Permission is granted to copy
The M. Pico Building, built in 1915 on the site of a wooden lodge hall that had burned down, is an historic 2-story red brick building located on the corner of Monroe and Main streets, N.W., across the street from the Lafayette County Court House in Mayo, Florida. In 1989, it was listed in A Guide to Florida's Historic Architecture prepared by the Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects and published by the University of Florida Press.
The M. Pico Building has been called the "Focal point for [Mayo's] central business district." It is a good example of an early 20th Century small-town Florida brick retail/office building.

Last edited:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I will be bringing a friend with me. Her name is Lena and she is a total newbie to dirt digging.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I haven't been to mayo in a couple of years is that restaurant that is right on 27 still have that great lunch buffetwe will be there on friday am will bring things for the hunt unless you nead them sooner? let me know ?

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want to bring them baywalker, just send me pics or river rat so we can update prize listing. Cool ppl bringing newbies to hunt... good finds there RR on photos. im hoping to have that book soon...

And Buzzlite beer( coolname) thanks for offering , send me a pic of a pair and how many you want to donate and we will post it up...and by the way welcome to Tnet and to one of the greatest Treasure hunting forums around!!!! looking forward to your pm...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice..... thank you, just replied to your pm, if you want to send me a photo there to the email provided i can then post it to update the prize listing...thanks again...gregg

Anita Rae

Jan 10, 2013
Mims, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I just signed up on the forum and I went out and made a reservation at the campground. I just got the metal detector... some parts still in the box. So I am a total newby and I don't have a clue what I am doing. This should be fun. It will be me, hubby (Charlie) and dog. I look foward to meeting all of you.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anita,

Well welcome, and glad to see a new person joining the ranks of those of us here on Tnet!!..Welcome, any questions feel free to PM me, or ask away here...where are you guys from??

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left a msg for Grandma susie to call me, as i have to get updated numbers on attendance, i may be driving up there this weekend to talk with her, and i may shoot some more video, not exactly sure. Time is getting closer people!!!!!!!!!

again if anyone would like to donate a prize , coin,etc feel free to pm and i will gladly put it in the list...Thanks again to everyone!!!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Anita! Got you, Charlie & "Dog" added to the list of attendees. Looking forward to some loads of fun in just a few short weeks.

ringnut

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2013
Gulf coast of Florida
Detector(s) used
CZ21, ATpro, XLT, Sand Shark, pro pointer
I posted on FB that i will attend thru invite from my friend Bunker. Just making sure i handled properly. Sounds like a great time. Booked room at the resort already. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread