maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So I'm at the bank today picking up boxes and talking with the vault teller and one of the other tellers walks over and says to me, " ya know, I'm going to start doing that too" I say doing what, " ya know, ordering boxes every week too, I know you must be finding alot of stuff in them to keep ordering them every week". So I explained to her that if I was finding stuff in them every week I sure wouldn't be picking up 4 boxes every week, I'd be ordering 15 -20 a week, I told her that if I find anything it's 1 every 10-15 boxes that may have 3-4 silver in it, thats it, and thats if I'm lucky, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. my last 10 boxes haven't givin up anything and I'm leaving here with 4 more, if they have nothing then I'm at 14 boxes, most people will give up after their 2nd or 3rd box. I said it's a hobby, not a get rich qwik scheme.

Now you may say it's not a big deal ( which it probably isn't) but, this can lead to many problems for me, even if she orders 1-2 boxes a week. Keep in mind I don't like this teller, ( I have nothing against tellers), because she has in the past just blatantly shown me silver halves that she has recieved and said look what I got today, I'm going to buy them, like rubbing my face in it. So anyway, she also knows about the repacked dump boxes so, if she is there and ordered hers and mine together, guess who's getting the repack dumps when they show, yup, me. Now I'm sure ( hoping) that she'll give up soon after but, I know she collects for her father inlaw, now he may be the one who has time and money on his hands to keep her ordering boxes for him, again, this could be nothing, but, I have often wondered when this situation would arise and now it has, I just hope they don't get any good boxes that would start the fire ya know. Allright, gotta run, the kids are yelling diner is ready. HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you might need to burn that bridge and start giving her plenty of boxes to go through if she gets really good into half searching. Hope it's nothing serious. May your boxes be loaded and your evil foe's full of dumps!
HH!
- DS

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you might need to burn that bridge and start giving her plenty of boxes to go through if she gets really good into half searching. Hope it's nothing serious. May your boxes be loaded and your evil foe's full of dumps!
HH!
- DS

The vault teller at this bank is really cool though and a few other tellers that have actually givin me silver halves knowingly, it's just this one teller ( the collecter there) that said this to me, and the vault teller will order me what I want if I asked for more, she has allready told me it didn't matter, she orders allready so it doesn't cost her anynore to order me extra, so I can't really burn this bridge, just gonna wait it out and see what happens. I just allways wondered when some was going to say to them selves, "there must be a reason this guy gets boxes every week from here" and finally it happened.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let her find out herself how easy it is to make money off CRHing. :-)

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope she gets nothing good and that she tires quickly of it.

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does stink... but I wouldn't be worried. Unless you're a little obsessed you will not last long.

As posted above, one she goes through her first one or two skunks, she'll give up, think its ridiculous and move on.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Bear in mind if she feels the same way about you that you feel about her, her comments may have been just to get you riled up. If so, I'd say it worked... :laughing7:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
That's just wrong for her to abuse her power like that. I have a co-worker who goes through our tills before she puts them out. If there is any silver loose, she gets it. Otherwise I have to get mine from customers or the coinstar counter behind me. I have been on the lookout for older canadian quarters and dimes. Nothing yet, but I have hope at work and I plan on doing some nickel searching in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,
Garoulady

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Bear in mind if she feels the same way about you that you feel about her, her comments may have been just to get you riled up. If so, I'd say it worked... :laughing7:

Good point there FT, I don't think she dislikes me though, she doesn't know that I don't really care for her and they all really like me, I bring in my kids allot when I pick up and bring them home made treats too. When I ask if anything interesting has come in lately though, the other tellers say to me " There was some good ones but so in so allready took them" uuhhg! So I think it is more of a oneway street thing on me not liking her. My "Best box ever post" box came from this bank too, and this bank is a decent producer , so that has me concerned a bit, all it takes is for her to get one of my better boxes and the fire is lit. I'm not super concerned, but the swapping out dump boxes for my coins does have me concerned a bit. HH, Maverick.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav...
There is a teller in one of my banks who seems very similar to yours...sorta nosey...always asking questions...knows enough to show me Ag halves but keeps them for himself, etc. This guy started ordering boxes from the bank as well...but it only lasted about a month and then the bank made him stop. They didn't like the fact that one of their own employees was ordering coin through the branch, sorting through it, and then dumping the remains right back into their own coin counter. I asked him later what happened, and he said he was told it was bank policy to not allow him to do this. Who knows...maybe something like that will happen with your teller. One can only hope....

Good luck and HH...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maverick said:
Good point there FT, I don't think she dislikes me though, she doesn't know that I don't really care for her and they all really like me, I bring in my kids allot when I pick up and bring them home made treats too. When I ask if anything interesting has come in lately though, the other tellers say to me " There was some good ones but so in so allready took them" uuhhg! So I think it is more of a oneway street thing on me not liking her. My "Best box ever post" box came from this bank too, and this bank is a decent producer , so that has me concerned a bit, all it takes is for her to get one of my better boxes and the fire is lit. I'm not super concerned, but the swapping out dump boxes for my coins does have me concerned a bit. HH, Maverick.

Mav. Are there any other branches around that you can start ordering off of? I would definitely be concerned too.. If you look hard enough, you can easily see silver enders through the holes on my boxes..... If they are walkers or bens, you can bet someone would notice them.. I would imagine that she will start taking the "promising looking" boxes for herself..

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav. Are there any other branches around that you can start ordering off of? I would definitely be concerned too.. If you look hard enough, you can easily see silver enders through the holes on my boxes..... If they are walkers or bens, you can bet someone would notice them.. I would imagine that she will start taking the "promising looking" boxes for herself..

Hey CC, I order from pretty much all of them around me, my boxes come sealed ( double stacked cube) and are never cut open, except for the repacks, so she shouldn't be able to see in them, now if I start getting them opened up, then I'll know and say something, but they never cut the brown paper tape to verify them before I get right now. This may amount to nothing, but figured I'd share my story with everyone. If it starts happening though, it could lead to bad things for me though, hopefully if she does try it ( and I really think she will) they will shut her down qwik for either trying to bring them back or conflict of interest maybe, I hope. HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CC, I order from pretty much all of them around me, my boxes come sealed ( double stacked cube) and are never cut open, except for the repacks, so she shouldn't be able to see in them, now if I start getting them opened up, then I'll know and say something, but they never cut the brown paper tape to verify them before I get right now. This may amount to nothing, but figured I'd share my story with everyone. If it starts happening though, it could lead to bad things for me though, hopefully if she does try it ( and I really think she will) they will shut her down qwik for either trying to bring them back or conflict of interest maybe, I hope. HH, Maverick.

At least they are cubed boxes.. I would bet that she gets tired of the skunks real quick.. Or if she plans on sending them back at her bank, which I am sure she will, the manager might get not like it..

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Did anything ever snowball with this teller?

Nothing has happened yet, with the holidays my orders changed a bit from this bank so I have only picked up I think once from there since that last conversation with her, she was there when I got my last 4 boxes from them Monday, she was running the drive up area, she saw me standing at the counter as the Vault teller was giving me my boxes and just keep watching her hand them to me. So far no repacks from them. I'll keep you posted if something comes of it. HH, Maverick.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bank employees buying old coins/silver and old currency/star notes is like Best Buy or Walmart employees getting the first crack at Black Friday sales.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank employees buying old coins/silver and old currency/star notes is like Best Buy or Walmart employees getting the first crack at Black Friday sales.

I would have to disagree...these employees of the bank would have accounts and thus be members same as an employee at Best Buy or Walmart would be a customer. Don't create a false sense of entitlement in placing your own desires above those of another individual.

There is all this commotion over tellers being such a burden on us CRH, how about you develop good lines of communication and a decent relationship and dont try to milk them for all they are worth and overwork them carrying multiple boxes of coin on a regular basis. You will have much better results if you have smaller orders for long periods of time versus going balls to the wall and tell them to order you tons of coin a week - this will undoubtedly bring you to a timely CRH end.

Just my '64 Kennedy input...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread