Oh No! Craigs List Troubles, Kind of long but entertaining.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh No! Craig's List Troubles, Kind of long but entertaining.

I posted and ad on Craig's list to sell 40 rolls of Canadian Pennies. I am being harassed and it is kind of funny. Thought I might post what is happening for your enjoyment.

Original Post on Craig's List:
I have for sale 40 rolls of Canadian pennies. Only $38.
The dates range from 1963 to 1996. The penny's composition is at least 95.5 per cent copper. These were all pulled form circulation. They are not making anymore Canadian pennies.
I tried to sell these a few month ago and my post was flagged. If you are going to flag my post, please tell me why.
I will meet you in the lobby of the local Police station on 9 mile to make the transaction. (saftey measure).
The last Canadian penny was minted on Feb. 4, 2013, when the Royal Canadian Mint stopped distributing the copper-coloured coin.
The penny's demise had been anticipated since March 29, 2012, when federal Finance Minister James Flaherty announced in the budget that his government had decided to phase out the smallest denomination of Canada's currency.

Email Received from Sam:
The reason you are getting Flagged & Removed is:
1. It has no Copper Value. It's illegal to melt down copper!
2. No banks will take rolls of Canadian pennies because there dollar is less than ours & the Canadian Gov. Refuses to take them. If you went to Windsor & tried to cash them in, they will not take them.
3. They have no Value what so ever.

Reply I sent to Sam:
Dear Sam,
I appreciate your concern. They have value to coin collectors. It is illegal to melt down USA cents. There is no law against melting down Canadian cents or Zimbabwe cents. I have sold plenty of crap on Craigs list that has no value to me or you, but buy golly someone will come by my house and give me cash for it.
Thanks again for your concern. Can you tell me who made you the Canadian penny Nazi?
All the best, G.

Response from Sam:
Listen G, you asked why people are flagging you & I told you! Don't go throwing the Nazi word around when you have no idea who your talking to. I sell currency & your wrong on all points. Only ones who may collect Canadian pennies is a child. They have no value. And quit lying about someone coming over & buying them. Could care less & no one is stupid enough to waste the gas. That's why you still have them posted on CL. Everyone is tired of so many people posting on CL & describing items like they are a professional but really have no clue what they are talking about! Then try to ask a price that's way out of line. So since you have sold your Pretty Pennies & won't remove your post, I'm going to send your posting ID# to CL to have your post removed for good.

Reply to Sam:
Sam,
They are only pennies, I am over 50 and I collect pennies. someone may a buy them to get their child interested in coin collecting.
I used Nazi as in "Soup Nazi" on Seinfield.
I guess some people are stupid, I have sold Canadian pennies, Wheat pennies, and Indian Head Pennies, I once sold some old fence posts that I dug out of the ground, I even sold some broken pieces of marble. Once again people will buy all sorts of crap.I sold some Canadian pennies about 5 months ago, these are different ones, I thought I would give in another try.
Check out this website: Canada Coin Hunting: Canadian Copper Pennies to Look For
I am only trying to feed my family, work has been slow.
All the best, G

I will keep you updated as to what happens next. It is not really worth my time to reply to him, But it gets my goat when he says there is are no value to them.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dantheman2745

Jul 15, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people have to be d***s for no reason, he must be affended by candian currency or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" I will keep you updated as to what happens next. It is not really worth my time to reply to him, But it gets my goat when he says their are no value to them."
I will keep you updated as to what happens next. It is not really worth my time to reply to him, but it gets my goat when he says there is no value to them.

From one Nazi ( grammar ) to anot
her:laughing7:.
Funny post:icon_thumright:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted. I find people like Sam funny. I also hope you sell them. I save all pre 1996 Canadians I find as well. I probably on have a roll or two. No idea what I am saving them for but I like that they are 95% copper. I may get bored and melt them.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey G&T, people are stupid ( that's what my signature is about) and seem to have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives nowadays but troll sites and harass people, good luck on the sale though! No Canadian Penny's for you! HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• no soup for you.jpg
    no soup for you.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 97

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I tried to sell these a few month ago and my post was flagged. If you are going to flag my post, please tell me why."

you are inviting the stupidity. who cares why they flag stuff...competition, jealousy, or just being a dick - it doesn't matter. happens all the time, copy/paste/repost

Thecoinpicker

Greenie
Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canuck on cents

I posted and ad on Craig's list to sell 40 rolls of Canadian Pennies. I am being harassed and it is kind of funny. Thought I might post what is happening for your enjoyment.

Original Post on Craig's List:
I have for sale 40 rolls of Canadian pennies. Only $38.
The dates range from 1963 to 1996. The penny's composition is at least 95.5 per cent copper. These were all pulled form circulation. They are not making anymore Canadian pennies.
I tried to sell these a few month ago and my post was flagged. If you are going to flag my post, please tell me why.
I will meet you in the lobby of the local Police station on 9 mile to make the transaction. (saftey measure).
The last Canadian penny was minted on Feb. 4, 2013, when the Royal Canadian Mint stopped distributing the copper-coloured coin.
The penny's demise had been anticipated since March 29, 2012, when federal Finance Minister James Flaherty announced in the budget that his government had decided to phase out the smallest denomination of Canada's currency.

Email Received from Sam:
The reason you are getting Flagged & Removed is:
1. It has no Copper Value. It's illegal to melt down copper!
2. No banks will take rolls of Canadian pennies because there dollar is less than ours & the Canadian Gov. Refuses to take them. If you went to Windsor & tried to cash them in, they will not take them.
3. They have no Value what so ever.

Reply I sent to Sam:
Dear Sam,
I appreciate your concern. They have value to coin collectors. It is illegal to melt down USA cents. There is no law against melting down Canadian cents or Zimbabwe cents. I have sold plenty of crap on Craigs list that has no value to me or you, but buy golly someone will come by my house and give me cash for it.
Thanks again for your concern. Can you tell me who made you the Canadian penny Nazi?
All the best, G.

Response from Sam:
Listen G, you asked why people are flagging you & I told you! Don't go throwing the Nazi word around when you have no idea who your talking to. I sell currency & your wrong on all points. Only ones who may collect Canadian pennies is a child. They have no value. And quit lying about someone coming over & buying them. Could care less & no one is stupid enough to waste the gas. That's why you still have them posted on CL. Everyone is tired of so many people posting on CL & describing items like they are a professional but really have no clue what they are talking about! Then try to ask a price that's way out of line. So since you have sold your Pretty Pennies & won't remove your post, I'm going to send your posting ID# to CL to have your post removed for good.

Reply to Sam:
Sam,
They are only pennies, I am over 50 and I collect pennies. someone may a buy them to get their child interested in coin collecting.
I used Nazi as in "Soup Nazi" on Seinfield.
I guess some people are stupid, I have sold Canadian pennies, Wheat pennies, and Indian Head Pennies, I once sold some old fence posts that I dug out of the ground, I even sold some broken pieces of marble. Once again people will buy all sorts of crap.I sold some Canadian pennies about 5 months ago, these are different ones, I thought I would give in another try.
Check out this website: Canada Coin Hunting: Canadian Copper Pennies to Look For
I am only trying to feed my family, work has been slow.
All the best, G

I will keep you updated as to what happens next. It is not really worth my time to reply to him, But it gets my goat when he says there is are no value to them.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner
Hi G,

Sam is incorrect. I'm in Canada, and always ask tellers to save me pennies to search. Technically they aren't really allowed to give them out but some are really nice. Only place in the world is Canada and the USA that our money is demonetized. Here, you can't order them since 2012 but the banks will let you deposit or exchange them and send them to the mint for recycling.

Usually after I search them, I separate the pre-1997 as they're almost pure copper and sell them on our Craig's list for double face value but by the box to make it worth while. The newer ones I put them into the TD banks coinstar and deposit it for free. It's not a ton of profit but since I search them for fun, the selling is more of an after thought.
Coinpicker

Thecoinpicker

Greenie
Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi G,

Sam is incorrect. I'm in Canada, and always ask tellers to save me pennies to search. Technically they aren't really allowed to give them out but some are really nice. Only place in the world is Canada and the USA that our money is demonetized. Here, you can't order them since 2012 but the banks will let you deposit or exchange them and send them to the mint for recycling.

Usually after I search them, I separate the pre-1997 as they're almost pure copper and sell them on our Craig's list for double face value but by the box to make it worth while. The newer ones I put them into the TD banks coinstar and deposit it for free. It's not a ton of profit but since I search them for fun, the selling is more of an after thought.
Coinpicker

Correction: I mean in Canada & USA, obsolete and old currency is legal tender pretty much forever. But who would be dumb to spend a silver 1850 20 cent piece to buy a piece of candy?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK.....that exchange was funny but fact is I live in Canada and the banks do accept them and pay you face value for them in Canada.

They in turn send them back to the mint who will have them melted down and recycled so Sam whoever he is out to lunch pure and simple.

Regards + HH

Bill

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
haha thanks for the laugh man. gotta love stuff like that.

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof that craigslist has one too many busy body's

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions