Oh no! Help!

Cylon_Detector

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2014
Southern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Fisher F2, Lesche Ball handle shovel, Lesche hand digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I've been using my week-old Fisher F2 and loving it. Great machine, very accurate and easy to use and handle. So I used up the Energizer 9V batteries that were included with the F2 and replaced them with brand new right from the package 9V duracels. Since having done that the detector has started shutting itself off randomly. Sometimes right after I power it back on, sometimes I hunt for a few minutes or few seconds and with no warning it shuts off. It's also getting a "phantom" reading of 5 and Iron at shallow depth often. I recently switched from my 8 inch coil to my sniper coil (both brand new as well) and the sniper coil worked fine with the original batteries. Is it the coil? The batteries? I tried swapping one of the duracels in my MD with the one that came with my pinpointer to see if maybe the batteries were defective, but it kept happening. What could be causing this?? What can I do? I love this machine and don't want to have made a bad investment :(

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would recomend calling service center right away.I havent heard of a coil fault shutting machine down.I can tell you that my wife had a battery in incorrectly in her f2 and it acted wildly.it did come on but went crazy then shut off.Another thing is that her f2 LOVES lithium batteries...goes forever and seems smoother.That f2 has impressed me in so many ways I cant list them all.You made a good buy...fisher is great about taking care of its products according to my buddy(several fischer machines)

cheers and good luck

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure the batteries are in right. Try switching back to energizer ones, or the same type that came with it. Like he said call service dept. Have you read the manual?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread