OH WHAT DO I KNOW

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Studies have shown that SSRI's are no more effective than a modest exercise program, and some doctors say if the test for actual effect for SSRI's were repeated, it would probably never be approved.

A medical student I knew when he was in school sent me a mail one day asking for help. A moron doctor had prescribed Lexapro and it was really messing him up. But, when he tried to give it up, he started having brain zaps, as if a major electrical shock was going inside his head. He asked me to investigate and tell him how to get rid of that ****. I found the answer. with a small hammer and a combat knife, he broke pieces off the pills. He started 25% less than prescribed, for two weeks, then cut back another 25% for two weeks, then to another 25%, then after two weeks, simply stop the garbage. People have been known to suicide over those brain zaps, and the doctor who prescribed them doesn't know how to phase them out.

That exercise thing is why you see many women out there trotting along early in the morning, though vigorous walking will also do the job.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Studies have shown that SSRI's are no more effective than a modest exercise program, and some doctors say if the test for actual effect for SSRI's were repeated, it would probably never be approved.

A medical student I knew when he was in school sent me a mail one day asking for help. A moron doctor had prescribed Lexapro and it was really messing him up. But, when he tried to give it up, he started having brain zaps, as if a major electrical shock was going inside his head. He asked me to investigate and tell him how to get rid of that ****. I found the answer. with a small hammer and a combat knife, he broke pieces off the pills. He started 25% less than prescribed, for two weeks, then cut back another 25% for two weeks, then to another 25%, then after two weeks, simply stop the garbage. People have been known to suicide over those brain zaps, and the doctor who prescribed them doesn't know how to phase them out.

That exercise thing is why you see many women out there trotting along early in the morning, though vigorous walking will also do the job.

and ? and ? and ? what do you suppose happened to me ? when after about 7 years of taking Seroquel the so called doc tells me to stop taking it ? abruptly that would certainly explain why i'm a wandering nomad with no destination in life ? doctors need not reply ! !

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are lead into a pharmaceutical trap by a Dr. trying to push a brand, sounds like you fell in the trap..

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are lead into a pharmaceutical trap by a Dr. trying to push a brand, sounds like you fell in the trap..
Exactly! I was prescribed two meds after a recent heart attack. These two totaled $1100 by themselves!!!!!! Pharmacy called & said insurance wouldn't cover them & the rest were ready for pickup. Called the cardiologist, told him to find something that insurance would cover or I'd go without, he did $0.00 for the substitutes. Did some reading & found they're still doing "studies" on these meds so the drug company gets free guiney pigs for research & the docs get rich.

One of the commercials that crack me up is a med that possibly stops involuntary twitches & such from the three or four meds for depression. My way of thinking is taking away the three or four meds one at a time till the involuntary motions stop then skip it or substitute something else. Called trouble shooting! Nnooooo! we need to add another expensive medication. Guess I'd make a lousy pharmaceutical company exec.....

habanavee

Jan 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read the possible side effects of Seroquel on a website such as rxlist.com or drugs.com?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Have you read the possible side effects of Seroquel on a website such as rxlist.com or drugs.com?

uh yeah ? like 5 years after i almost died from it. now i feel like a walking zombie. so i'm trying to inform or connect with anybody or anyone i can bfore they get caught in that trap. bcuz nobody had the morals or ethics to inform me before, during or after i took it. i dont understand the system what human life is meaning-less ? (*_*) namely mine ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Exactly! I was prescribed two meds after a recent heart attack. These two totaled $1100 by themselves!!!!!! Pharmacy called & said insurance wouldn't cover them & the rest were ready for pickup. Called the cardiologist, told him to find something that insurance would cover or I'd go without, he did $0.00 for the substitutes. Did some reading & found they're still doing "studies" on these meds so the drug company gets free guiney pigs for research & the docs get rich.

One of the commercials that crack me up is a med that possibly stops involuntary twitches & such from the three or four meds for depression. My way of thinking is taking away the three or four meds one at a time till the involuntary motions stop then skip it or substitute something else. Called trouble shooting! Nnooooo! we need to add another expensive medication. Guess I'd make a lousy pharmaceutical company exec.....

so ? how do you want to refer to urself ? guinea pig ? or lab rat ? when u feel like humty dumty let me know ? cuz i'm there dude !

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If it’s anything above Tylenol I avoid it like the plague. Best of luck on your recoveries.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it’s anything above Tylenol I avoid it like the plague. Best of luck on your recoveries.
I've always lived thinking if I can't pronounce it, don't eat it or take it. Guess that all went out the window with old age. Told the cardiologist that and everyone in the room just froze, looked like their heads were going to explode look, and went back to what they were doing.

Want to see funny bewildered looks? When they ask you who your primary doc is tell them you don't have one. The next question will be when was your last physical was. Tell them 1984. Next question, why??? "I didn't need one." Wanna make them really freak out? Tell them you only go to the docs when you can't or don't have the tools to fix it yourself, while showing where you set your broken toe and sewed the end back on. While telling them you got compliments on your work from an ER doc. They're not prepared for patients who aren't brainwashed into thinking we need to be running to the ER for every little sniffle or have the audacity to ask what the side effects are, or ask why they're charging $$$$ for sutures when alcohol & sewing thread does just as good.

OH!! Wanna be a legend in the hospital? When I get the nurse that couldn't do a blood draw if her life depended on it, after the second attempt I say "Here let me do it!" and do it. Afterwards you'll notice different staff coming by looking in the door jaws open.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so ? how do you want to refer to urself ? guinea pig ? or lab rat ? when u feel like humty dumty let me know ? cuz i'm there dude !
That's what I'm saying. If you want to use me for a lab rat for a study, you should be giving me the meds for free and paying me. I think that's what pissed him off, sure funny how quick he found two replacements that cost $0.On that note, a friend told me when he asked his doc what the specifics of a med he was being prescribed were, he got vague answers. When he really pushed the doc told him all he really knew was what the brochure & handout said, and what the drug rep told him. Kind of looks like a guy with access to Google has more information than a doc. Scary!

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used

i dont know how or when this became plural ? but humty dumty never recovered nor will I

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have only used my Medicare once and I am 77. But. if I get sick or hurt when visiting the USA, it would break me. So, I keep my Medicare plus in case. A few years ago, there were some changes and I had to be subjected to a personal audit to make sure the old geezer didn't know what was happening. The hero called me. After a while, he asked for a list of meds. I said, none, zero. There was a long silence, maybe a full minute. Must have exploded his brain or something

Be aware that you can not only buy the doctor's Merck manual off Amazon. You can also access it on-line, and free. Ditto for other medical books. My favorite is Guyton and Hall, physiology text book, which really covers how your body works. Get an older version for $5, not much changes.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I have only used my Medicare once and I am 77. But. if I get sick or hurt when visiting the USA, it would break me. So, I keep my Medicare plus in case. A few years ago, there were some changes and I had to be subjected to a personal audit to make sure the old geezer didn't know what was happening. The hero called me. After a while, he asked for a list of meds. I said, none, zero. There was a long silence, maybe a full minute. Must have exploded his brain or something

Be aware that you can not only buy the doctor's Merck manual off Amazon. You can also access it on-line, and free. Ditto for other medical books. My favorite is Guyton and Hall, physiology text book, which really covers how your body works. Get an older version for $5, not much changes.
great ! now u tell me this ? this is all after the fact. the fact that i'm a zombie now. i became so fed up with the health system i referred to my medicare as 'WHO CARES " what good would this book do me now ? are zombies repairable ? maybe u could check and see if theres any mention in there for me ? eh ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
That's what I'm saying. If you want to use me for a lab rat for a study, you should be giving me the meds for free and paying me. I think that's what pissed him off, sure funny how quick he found two replacements that cost $0.On that note, a friend told me when he asked his doc what the specifics of a med he was being prescribed were, he got vague answers. When he really pushed the doc told him all he really knew was what the brochure & handout said, and what the drug rep told him. Kind of looks like a guy with access to Google has more information than a doc. Scary!

i can relate. whats a zombie to do ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread