Ohio Arrowheads

cparker2127

Dec 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. While going through some old things at my grandparents house we found a box of arrowheads that my great grandfather had found when he was a farmer. I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify any of these?

The one on the far left might just be a rock, but it was in the box so I put it up anyway.

1203141202.jpg

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice the rock is a celt i bet

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like typical Ohio artifacts and materials. Mostly field grade but still some nice pieces.

Last edited:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome and you say that your great grandfather found them, was it family land and do you still have access to it? Like the others said that's not a rock but a tool, very possibly a celt. Here is a link to a site that will help you What's The Point? Identifying Flint Artifacts All of these are very old and I'm not saying hundreds of years but thousands. You are very lucky to have them, they are beautiful and rare.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some good one in there, the top row are mostly Adena blades, you have some from the Hopewell period, and the Celt is a good find these days, none are worth a ton of dough though.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Nice Ohio points, that "rock" is definitely a celt ( ungrooved axe)and a nice one.
I see some stemmed Adena culture points, also the two that don't have notches/flat sides could very well be plano lanceolets, very old up to 10,000 years.
Maybe a broke Kirk and a scraper.
I'd keep'em for sure!

OP
OP
C

cparker2127

Dec 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow. Yeah thanks everyone. I don't plan on parting with them just had no idea what they were. Honestly I have no idea if we still have access to the land, my Grandmother was the only one with connections to that side of the family since the rest of us don't know them that well. Although they were found somewhere in Hudson Ohio on a farm and I don't think there are really any farms out there anymore.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you wont be able to retire on any of them but I would of been happy to find any of them for my collection. Welcome to the forum

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some niceuns in there.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection of artifacts, now you have a start for your own collection to leave behind.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions