Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0663.JPG Here's some gold from a gravel pit in central Ohio, just over 3 grams.
Don't believe them when they say there is no gold in Ohio.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice, I bet you worked long and hard to get that much! You have enough there to make a nice ring or ingot :-)

OP
OP
G

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it took about 6 hrs, the material had built up for over a year, so it actually represents several hundred thousand tons of material concentrated down to about 2 ton.
My sluice isn't large enough, 20"w x 40" L, I'm making a larger one that can handle more material, 24"w x 6 ft long. I believe my recovery could have been better, my box was over loaded too often. I hook it up to a drain on a large tank where the heavies collect, and it can be hard to control the feed rate.
Look for an update in a couple months.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great info, sounds like a very sweet situation you have created for yourself...I look forward to hearing how the next version works for you!

losznya

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm on the similar project in Hungarian gravel pit. You can see me using a suction nozzle as I'm standing on the side of the tank. I'm using a 12" x 6' popandson style sluice + atached a short piece of a board covered with woolen baize. This set up is working great for me.

P8190922.JPG P8190931.JPG P8190944.JPG

losznya

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody know better setup then popandson sluice or any other sluices for this type of operation?
Some kind of fluidized bed could work better or not?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the simpler you can keep your setup, the better off youll be! but yes a fluidbed would work just fine if you know how to set it up and controll the fed rate so that you wont flood the system with to much material/water.lozenya has his system working for him and he can see how its going quickly/simply! hes still probly missing some of the fine gold, but for the most part, hes doing just fine!

OP
OP
G

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics Losznya. How about a pic of the gold?

I will post pics of my sluice next time I use it, 6 weeks or so.

Thanks for the pics.

losznya

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Gold Maven,
I do not have a picture of cleaned pure gold yet.
I' am running this sluice also which placed close to the conveyor belt washer. It is working paralel with gravel pit machines day by day. So it generates a lots of concentrates to deal with.
When ready with the final clean up I will post picture.

DSCF0098.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread