Ohio Resident Shoots 2 of 4 Suspects During Daytime Home Invasion

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOVEMBER 22*2013

BY*DAN CANNON

A Columbus, OH resident had to use deadly force to defend himself and his home this week.

Four suspected home invaders burst into the apartment which is on the Westside of Columbus, OH. The incident occurred around 5:30PM.

The homeowner was able to open fire on the suspects. According to*reports, two of the suspects were hit by the gunfire.

All of the suspects attempted to flee the apartment once they realized they were dealing with an armed would-be victim.

The two suspects who were shot were both apprehended by officers near the residence and were transported to a nearby hospital for treatment according to*Today.com.

Identities of the parties involved and the possible motivation for the crime have not yet been released.

According to*10tv, the residents who shot the suspects were the subject of another robbery attempt last year in which one of the residents was viciously attacked with a baseball bat.

This is the*57th defensive gun use in Ohio we’ve documented*and the*1015th defensive gun use we’ve documented overall.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 5:30 this am my basement door opened all by itself. Image that! Like magic! Not really sure if it was the nasty wind we were getting or a burglar, but it set off the alarm instantly, which set ME off instantly. It took less than 3 seconds to go from asleep to fully armed. (I have the basement door blockaded due to an earlier (failed) burglar attempt. I waited a few seconds with the alarm blaring and then turned it off. Then waited some more (no noises downstairs) and finally dialed 911. They came out and didn't find anything, but again it was pitch black dark. Leaves you with a really big lump in your stomach, the way it all worked out.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 5:30 this am my basement door opened all by itself. Image that! Like magic! Not really sure if it was the nasty wind we were getting or a burglar, but it set off the alarm instantly, which set ME off instantly. It took less than 3 seconds to go from asleep to fully armed. (I have the basement door blockaded due to an earlier (failed) burglar attempt. I waited a few seconds with the alarm blaring and then turned it off. Then waited some more (no noises downstairs) and finally dialed 911. They came out and didn't find anything, but again it was pitch black dark. Leaves you with a really big lump in your stomach, the way it all worked out.

Glad a false alarm. How long before police showed up after you dialed 911?

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to bad it wasnt 4 of 4!2 less scumbags ,taken out the trash!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More range time,, target acquisition saves money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread