OK day

West Coast Fever

May 13, 2008
SF South Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Well, I started out thinking I would just get a couple of hours in. Started at 9:30 am and got home at 9:00 pm.

Did not find much, but dug lots of holes, and got lots of change to show for it. Only one wheatie, cant read the date yet.

I found a regular assortment of square nails and belt buckles, a silver colored compact, with the powder still inside.

I also found a curious button. the attachment that was soldered on the back is missing, so I am not sure if it is a button, or a lapel branch insignia. It is Cavalry, meaning it has two swords on it. What is odd is that for all the research I have done this last hour, I cannot find anything like it. Sure there are new ones that you can find in the internet, but, I have not found one that looks quite like this one. It is mostly flat, with a slight convex angle (slight). It had somthing soldered to the back, but is now missing. the item has a ring around it at the edging, and has very small striations in the field behind the swords. the swords are very fine, meaning they are not over large in design as I have seen on other newer type insignia, but these are very nice. This thing is copper/brass and is in very good shape minus the attachment on the back.

I will post pictures in a hour.

Dave

Upvote 0

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant wiat to see the pics :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread