ok, help straighten out these people

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I guess we will be reading about this in the paper ! the comments that were left say that it is on FEDERAL LAND ! NOT SO ! ITS PUBLIC LAND that the gubermint manages for us AMERICANS! If you read the comments left on this article , it sounds like all of them were greenies!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What am I missing here? Is the miner legit? Why are they blocking a public road?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's see...

Claim was made in 1986.
POO was in place until 2014.
The public was free to access their land.
Miners were mining, minerals were being sold.

Then...

Read some made up crap on the internet and decide to believe it's law.
Prevent access by the public to the public lands.
No more mining.
Lots of out of town people with guns and no mining experience.
Let the circus begin.
Miners lose.
Public loses.
Good TV drama.

Everybody loses.

No more heavy pans

So why is this a good thing? ???

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This has been in the local news for several weeks. From what I can understand, (by reading between the lines of the bias news media) the forest circus demanded that they remove a building, that was part of their mining operation. The miners refused, and it accelerated from there. the forest service filed a lawsuit against them. Just another case of the FS overstepping their jurisdiction.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see...

Claim was made in 1986.
POO was in place until 2014.
The public was free to access their land.
Miners were mining, minerals were being sold.

Then...

Read some made up crap on the internet and decide to believe it's law.
Prevent access by the public to the public lands.
No more mining.
Lots of out of town people with guns and no mining experience.
Let the circus begin.
Miners lose.
Public loses.
Good TV drama.

Everybody loses.

No more heavy pans

So why is this a good thing? ???

We have a bad habit of making hero's out of azzhats in this country lately.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, good or bad, i thought the treehuggin cry babies pantys need tightening

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or they need to drop the skirt and end the tea party LOL!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read the article, read the comments here. Have little idea who're the asshats and who are the Heros ?? Who are being made Heros?

OathKeepers upholding our Constitutional rights usually get my support. Maybe I don't know enough about 1955 multiple surface use act to chime in.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land belongs to all US citizens, not them, they are allowed to mine IF they follow the rules and regulations of the designated caretakers of the real owners , the public(approx. 350 million citizens) land.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I read the article, read the comments here. Have little idea who're the asshats and who are the Heros ?? Who are being made Heros?

OathKeepers upholding our Constitutional rights usually get my support. Maybe I don't know enough about 1955 multiple surface use act to chime in.

In a nutshell the MSUA says that everyone has to share the use of public lands. A mining claim does NOT allow you to lock up access to a piece of ground. You still have to allow hikers, hunters etc to use it as well. When we have a claim, that only give us exclusive rights to the minerals in the ground. We can't legaly prevent someone else from hunting, hiking or crossing or claims.

I for one would never try to keep someone off my claim as long as they are not doing any digging without my permission. I've met a lot of nice people that were also just wanting to use the public lands and it was a great way to promote responsible mining by talking with them as the pass through the area.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a claim myself so I understand that. Did they have grandfathered rights under the old rules? So if their claim didn't lapse they wouldn't have to abide by that rule? I think there is more to the story. Article sounds slanted toward left (sorry politics) I'd like to see another before I cast judgement.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
As Clay stated above, the claim was filed in1986, well after MSUA went into effect in 1955. Is there more to this story? Most likely. But until there is complete and unbiased reporting on the issue we most likely will never know the full story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread