Ok people, time to raise the dead and see who we still have detecting in N.H. !

NHDUG

Nov 24, 2008
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all, I see there is more activity on here finally. I hope this starts to be a regular posting site in the near future. I will try to check the New Hampshire postings daily and reply to all. Maybe when can kick start this site. I'm in Chester and have plenty of woods and fields to share. Years ago I was strictly a Beach detector-est. But now I am hooked on all types. Looking forward to lots more posts here.:thumbsup:
Morning Bam....lets see if anyone is still here. :occasion14:

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm your next door neighbor in Southern Vermont. I just got my Safari from Streeters a few weeks ago and trying (struggling) to learn the ropes..after using the Ace 250 for about 5 years, I'm finding this detector a little challenging. Anywhoo--would love to get together with the "neighbors" for a hunt, and maybe a lesson from someone who has a similar machine. There are some decent spots here in my area, but haven't found the "money" spot yet. Are there a few of you out there that would want to set something up for one of these weekends in your neck of the woods?

Last edited:

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Tesoro Conqistador umax, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi NHDug, I'm sure with daily activity on here, we'll get some things going and maybe a few small group hunts.:icon_thumright:

Artemis, my wife has a Safari and uses it pretty well. I know what your going through going from a two tone machine to a Synthesizer.:laughing7: I'm sure we can find some time maybe in June.

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!! I think it would make a huge difference to get out with someone else and see how they work the Safari. I'd love to get together some time during a weekend in June - You guys pick the spot.

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!! I think it would make a huge difference to get out with someone else and see how they work the Safari. I'd love to get together some time during a weekend in June - You guys pick the spot.

I have a lot to do, (neglected outdoor maintenance chores) but I think we can make it happen. I'm just east of Manchester, so that is a bit of a ride for both you and me in either direction not sure where you actually are. We'll figure something out in the next week or two.:thumbsup:

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lot to do, (neglected outdoor maintenance chores) but I think we can make it happen. I'm just east of Manchester, so that is a bit of a ride for both you and me in either direction not sure where you actually are. We'll figure something out in the next week or two.:thumbsup:

I know what you mean- with all of the rain, we've had to mow the yard every weekend lately. The hub and I are not opposed to a day trip. Are you anywhere near Exeter? He's been itching to get to the Sig Sauer factory - maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sig is about 15 to 20 minutes away from me. My wife Cindy (Cindarelic) uses the safari, I'll have to ask her when we are available. So does your husband detect too?

Also you should look into NHBobsmetaldetectingforum.com and join if you really like detecting. There is a bunch of great people on there and about 5 from your area. It is based in Keene, NH. Check it out. NHBob himself is very resourceful. Bob your hat won't fit if you let your head swell after reading this. he he he:laughing7:

Last edited:

Bungyrich

Oct 18, 2012
us
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's V3i, stock coil and 18x15 SEF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Richard and I am new to detecting and it started after I got interested in gold prospecting. But I don't believe I am going to get rich digging for gold. I do believe however there is a lot of old lost treasure in New England. I have done a lot of research into true lost treasure and I have a few very promising spots narrowed down that I would like to look but would like to see if I cant get a few others to help me. I am not expecting to find what I am looking for but you never know and its just the idea that maybe something of history is found that makes it worth while. I am planing on visiting a site near Nashua in the near future and don't want to go alone. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Husband and I live west of Nashua. Have been detecting since April 2012. Oldest find: 1892 IH penny in park. Most "valuable" find: 14k wedding band in wet sand. Most interesting find: early 1900's "Tiffany" style silver watch fob from cellar hole. Weirdest find: crack pipe (glass) found on top of sand. We like to try to get out as often as possible (usually every weekend) and so far, with the mild winter, have still been out hunting.

HH to all,
Anita

1richw

May 4, 2013
Goffstown, NH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

New to metal detecting and still learning. Hope to be going to other places besides my back yard to look for any "treasure". I am in southern NH, just outside of Manchester. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My base camp is south of Laconia. I'm up for some quality pulltab hunting.

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you want to head to the beach this winter and do some cleaning by the sounds of that. :laughing7:

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie Waiting for thaw to test out Safari.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way the winter is going,we won't get out before:censored: mid-march if lucky:BangHead:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might've found a lot but there's still plenty here. You just need to do some research for the good stuff. I found a cartridge box plate in September , probably a once in a lifetime thing up here. In Tennessee, much more likely. No civil war battles here!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
They might've found a lot but there's still plenty here. You just need to do some research for the good stuff. I found a cartridge box plate in September , probably a once in a lifetime thing up here. In Tennessee, much more likely. No civil war battles here!
Oh I know, I'm just messing with those 2 guys. I once found 3 Civil War bullets in a park in Warner NH. Found out doing some research that it was a muster field for soldiers getting ready to go off to war. They were all found in one area in an embankment so I assume that was their backstop for target shooting. Anything is possible. Also pulled some Barber coins out of the shallow stream that runs next to the park in an area where there used to be a foot bridge. You fine folks are welcome to that spot now. Riverside Park in Warner. It's directly across the stream from the old railroad depot. Lots of fill dirt since it's an active town park with baseball diamonds & a football field so you have to get out on the edges to find anything old. It was also a ski area before I-89 was put in. My oldest coin was also found there. A Brazil 80 Reis coin from 1808. Don't thank me, just send me half of what you find... lol Also look into the Bradford Mineral Springs Hotel. East Washington Rd in Bradford. It's owned by the town and ok to detect. :thumbsup: I have plenty to keep me busy down here in Tennessee starting with 200 acres of corn fields directly across the street from my home. My place is the house & garage with the Green metal roofs at the top of the hill on the left. The farm with the silo across the street is abandoned. I think I'm in a good area. Less than a mile up the road is an old dirt road named "Yankee camp Rd"

Attachments

• P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm back! My move to Memphis a year ago turned out to be an epic fail lol. Tis good being back on my ole stomping ground. Looking forward to hunting my old spots cause I upgraded from ace150 to the 350 a few months ago and want to get all the goodies the 150 passed over. If anyone sees me swinging, don't be shy..come join in. Look for the ugliest guy around with the most beat up sox hat swinging black&yellow.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back! My move to Memphis a year ago turned out to be an epic fail lol. Tis good being back on my ole stomping ground. Looking forward to hunting my old spots cause I upgraded from ace150 to the 350 a few months ago and want to get all the goodies the 150 passed over. If anyone sees me swinging, don't be shy..come join in. Look for the ugliest guy around with the most beat up sox hat swinging black&yellow.

You probably would be out there a lot sooner if you stayed put.I know its only the end of january but this winter seems never ending!!!! Its been so cold that the ground is frozen solid.We will have to be lucky to hunt before the beginning of march:sadsmiley:

Last edited:

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are people still reading this after 2 years? I am trying to like that other forum, "Bobs" but it doesn't seem to do it for me yet. NH diggers! Unite!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread