OK ran the Se over the same area as dfx hit yesterday as requested...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well the Se did fine....in fact picked up a 52-s wheatie where I know the dfx was swung over exact area...very trashy...not a depth issue..I was surprised Se picked up and dfx did not... Other than that a neat looking key, another key, a bicentennial quarter and some clad....most of the clad was found after I moved from exact area...dfx did a really good job yesterday and did not miss much that Se picked up today... Almost $6 in clad total...and another plastic farm animal found for your viewing pleasure! :D Please no questions on the animal...I am not sure what it is! :icon_jokercolor:

Attachments

• april 25th Se hunt 52-s wheatie, bicen quar..jpg
    april 25th Se hunt 52-s wheatie, bicen quar..jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Gregg!
You must hunt just about everyday; right? I'm about out of places to hunt over here and have made up my mind to start knocking on private doors. All they can say is yes, yes, yes! :)

GRB

rust in peace

Sep 26, 2007
West-central Wisconsin
cool. well at least you found a wheat that would have gotten missed otherwise. I'm planning on buying an se soon and i will be very interested to go over the same areas that ive covered with my gtax and see what was missed.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
I currently use an Ace 250, and would love to purchase an SE. It would be really interesting to see how much I have missed by the SE. I can only imagine that there is untold treasure that the SE is missing. I have been detecting for seven months, but there must be a lot of treasure left undetected by my Ace. Someday (soon) I look forward to finding out what I have missed.

Congratulations and hh,

Dr. Ace

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Your key is to a pair of play handcuffs. I have the same exact one.

J

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I do hunt alot....working midnights makes it easy in the morning... I hunt on way home from work... So being off this weekend it is time for a break, had a very big week clad wise...ground is soft still here. Because of the ground conditions and low temps...like fall here, a great time to hunt. :)

GoldenRoyBoy said:
Hello Gregg!
You must hunt just about everyday; right? I'm about out of places to hunt over here and have made up my mind to start knocking on private doors. All they can say is yes, yes, yes! :)

GRB

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I am sure sometimes we just miss...but this area was around the tree base with flat dirt no grass...and was shallow, 2-3 inches. Just that the se was able to separate better this time...

rust in peace said:
cool. well at least you found a wheat that would have gotten missed otherwise. I'm planning on buying an se soon and i will be very interested to go over the same areas that ive covered with my gtax and see what was missed.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Green1 said:
you swung over the spot the exact size of that wheatie and missed it ??

Yes alot of trash in the area....dfx responded with a broken pulltab signal... low vdi, Se picked up the cent. Maybe just the angle of the coil...but I always work the base of the tree the same way....

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
It is fun being able to change off... breaks the same routine and same tones problem... I am enjoying both and have no plan on getting rid of either one... If you end up with an se in the future... might not be a bad idea to keep the Ace as a backup...works out nice too if batteries die on one.

Dr. Ace said:
I currently use an Ace 250, and would love to purchase an SE. It would be really interesting to see how much I have missed by the SE. I can only imagine that there is untold treasure that the SE is missing. I have been detecting for seven months, but there must be a lot of treasure left undetected by my Ace. Someday (soon) I look forward to finding out what I have missed.

Congratulations and hh,

Dr. Ace

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
That is what I was thinking...but my daughter claims it is a diary key. ???

twistidd said:
Your key is to a pair of play handcuffs. I have the same exact one.

J

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Gregg,
Nice to know the difference, between the two machines. Even though I will probally never be able to afford either one.
Joe

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I use a XLT and I used to own a CZ-20.......WOW......what a weight difference

Anyhoo......great amount of clad.....congrats

Cheers!

Dugholes...... :laughing7:

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG gregg sounds like your having alot of fun with both machine :thumbsup: keep it up and congrats ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone for the kind words, time for a few days off from detecting...hopefully some of you get out this weekend, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread