OK so I looking for a floating dredge !!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I got your attension . I'm looking for a 2.5 to 3 inch dredge . I want it to be lite and easy to use , I've been looking at the proline and the keene egineering units . Price is not a problem , just wondering which is litest and which is better in the opinions here , and why ? I'm thinking under 160 LBS or there abouts , and what you use to cart them in ? I realize that I may have to travel a little to get it to where I want but thats fine . Also what do you use to anchor it once your there ? Oh and I'm definately a noob to this . LOL :dontknow:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your going to go 3 inch might as well get a 4 inch there's no difference in weight.
I like the Keene 4" mini expect 3-4 trips anyway to get it to the water, some of places I go,
I can just leave it all together and slide it down to the water, other places I can get it set up in 20 minuets or so.
a 2 1/2" is fine for small streams, not too stable for larger rivers or if you want to dive I know from experience,
I ran out of air one time on a dive, looked over at my dredge, just so surreal seeing my motor hanging there upside down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to post , we are limited to 5 horse power limit . Thanks winner 58 !

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If weight is the issue then probably the best bet is the Dahlke 4B with a 5hp motor, You can also get it scaled to a 3". I've owned them all and Proline is ausom but it does weigh a lot. Dahlke also has a 2½
Dahlke Dredge MFG - Gold Dredges

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dahlke make great pumps and dredges, this is your best bet for the lightest 4" dredge.

I have seen these in person at our local mining shop ( The Miners Cache - Redding California ) and they are really well built.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks , like a great unit , I was wondering how stable they are on the water . I'm looking for something thats not to top heavy , so it does'nt flip over while in use . Does anyone have dimensions on this unit ? Ok I found the demensions sorry .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread