Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE

I'm sorry guys. Even with the exceptional 2 hole hunt last time out, I think I'm finished with cornfields. (Or, at least, this one. ;) )

Four solid hours there feels like 8 hours at a park/school ground!

Anyway, here's the take:

2015 (185).jpg
2015 (186).jpg

Brass ring. Kind of reminds me of the loop at the end of a large skeleton type key. :dontknow:

2015 (187).jpg
2015 (188).jpg

At least Blingie & Fishy are happy.

10k G.F. :dontknow: Better than nothing. :dontknow:

Thanks for peeking!

Last edited:
Upvote 11

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be happy your not in dreary Minnesota - at least your out hunting!!! :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your field sounds like mine...drying up lol. I can now walk for 30 minutes and never hear even iron. If only they would plow. Never say never though Gary. I have learned crow isn't the best of meals lol!

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for sharing, it's more interesting than the clad,bottle caps and pull tabs I have found so far this year .

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you had a plan for today and got out enjoying the hobby. Being a coin-shooter, fields are still a little out of my comfort zone. I have a permission that I have been hunting. A small field that used to have a few buildings on it. I only hunt it 2 hours at a time. My passion is older residences or older public properties in a 50 mile radius of home. Hope you find a good field, expect to dig more relics & junk vs coins. The field I have been hunting has a lot of lead, I presume remnants of old plumbing.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your field sounds like mine...drying up lol. I can now walk for 30 minutes and never hear even iron. If only they would plow. Never say never though Gary. I have learned crow isn't the best of meals lol!

One would have a very difficult time trying to feed me a meal of crow. As, I never.....said never. I just said, that I admit to not being a cornfield walker. It's simply not my bag. Can I do it? Sure.
Do I care if I ever do it again? No. That simple. Doesn't mean the field is empty or that fields in general are bad places. Obviously, quite the contrary is true. JUST, not "my" idea of fun.

Thanks!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a plan for today and got out enjoying the hobby. Being a coin-shooter, fields are still a little out of my comfort zone. I have a permission that I have been hunting. A small field that used to have a few buildings on it. I only hunt it 2 hours at a time. My passion is older residences or older public properties in a 50 mile radius of home. Hope you find a good field, expect to dig more relics & junk vs coins. The field I have been hunting has a lot of lead, I presume remnants of old plumbing.

The whole idea of cornfield hunting is relatively new to me. Comparatively, anyway. I've called myself a coinshooter for better than 4 decades now. Just thought I'd try adding some new horizons to my game. But, cornfields? Maybe in general, and for short hunts, but they will never be in my comfort zone.

Not like waterhunting for me. It can be quite tiring as well but, I'm more practiced at that type. Just as OBN. I take to water rather well. ;) LOL

Thanks!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a pic of what the "restless gun" used to look like.

RESTLESSGUN.jpg

Used to be a multi piece kit. Would've been nice to found a whole one. :)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The kid that had that would have been the envy of the town. I bet that was quite the toy.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
At least you know now...nice work clearing an area. I've only do e it completely one time. Like old dude says you never know, so let the ground settle and go back in a year or after a plow

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess that particular field itch has been scratched for now. Maybe at another time it will prove a more appealing adventure for you. I also like the grassy parks, lawns, and schools to hunt, I don't really have to dig to be happy, just being there is enjoyable, and digging goodies a bonus.

Nice finds! You still scored a hit with Blingie and Fishy, you'er good!
And you have been out digging, congrats.

Hopefully Sunday I WILL get out to detect! Fingers crossed!!!! I hope I hope I hope!!! Life keeps getting in the way.

Get yourself out to a favorite spot and enjoy it!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never liked the fields. Lol

I think my problem with fields is the rich civil war history we have in the area. We
Live a stones throw from Gettysburg and everybody and his brother has hit he fields already. I never find anything but iron...

I give you credit for even stepping foot in the fields. Lol

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, come back into the fold with your kindred spirits (ATPro users) and leave those nasty fields to the guys with the $20k detectors that detect molten magma at the earth's core. We shall see our victories in the well-manicured lawns of the urban landscape...Sub :laughing7:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you know now...nice work clearing an area. I've only do e it completely one time. Like old dude says you never know, so let the ground settle and go back in a year or after a plow

Well, ya see, that's part of the problem here. They never seem to plow!

If they ever did a deep plowing of this area, turned this ground over. I'm certain
I could find reason to try it again. (At least, one more time. ;) )

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid that had that would have been the envy of the town. I bet that was quite the toy.

I know what you mean. I was VERY popular as a kid. I not only had the Rifleman's rifle, I also had the complete Man From U.N.C.L.E. set, gun included! :)

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I was VERY popular as a kid. I not only had the Rifleman's rifle, I also had the complete Man From U.N.C.L.E. set, gun included! :)

But did you have the "Johnny Seven One Man Army?" Aside from my 1967 GI Joes, it was my favorite toy of all time...Sub 8-)
johnnyseven.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But did you have the "Johnny Seven One Man Army?" Aside from my 1967 GI Joes, it was my favorite toy of all time...Sub 8-)

No, but I did have the Mattel Buckle Derringer and the one that slipped up your sleeve and popped out of nowhere with a flick of the wrist. :)

And, ya know what? I STILL have the membership card that came with the Man From U.N.C.L.E. set! LOL

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt! Congratulations.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1144845

No, but I did have the Mattel Buckle Derringer and the one that slipped up your sleeve and popped out of nowhere with a flick of the wrist. :)

And, ya know what? I STILL have the membership card that came with the Man From U.N.C.L.E. set! LOL

Also,

Man, you guys were rich. I had a stick and used to throw corncobs for grenades!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions