OK SO THE BIG G IS LEGALIZING MEDICAL MARYJANE ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
and for recreational use. but heres the bad news. ur life expectancy is drastically reduced. big news right ! since Colorado has legalized it traffic fatalities have increased 60 percent. so as Clint Eastwood use to say "do ya feel lucky punk" ? i sure dont. be sure to carry ur life insurance policies in ur glovebox. i'm not gonna feel safe now till i get a Sherman tank to go to the market in ? DOH ! HOW SAFE IS UR STATE ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and for recreational use. but heres the bad news. ur life expectancy is drastically reduced. big news right ! since Colorado has legalized it traffic fatalities have increased 60 percent. so as Clint Eastwood use to say "do ya feel lucky punk" ? i sure dont. be sure to carry ur life insurance policies in ur glovebox. i'm not gonna feel safe now till i get a Sherman tank to go to the market in ? DOH ! HOW SAFE IS UR STATE ?

17-The-Big-Lebowski-quotes.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, analyzed insurance claims for vehicle collisions filed between January 2012 and October 2016. The IIHS researchers compared claims in states that had recently legalized marijuana (Colorado, Washington and Oregon) with claims in similar neighboring states that hadn't.

They found that over that time period, collisions claim frequencies in the states that had legalized marijuana were about 3 percent higher than would have been anticipated without legalization. The researchers characterized that number as small, but significant. Collision claim frequency refers to the number of claims filed divided by the number of insured vehicle years.

Seems 3% is a far cry from your claim of 60%.

And I might point out...

That after legalization in Colorado... the population surged.

More people... more accidents.

Now...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Beenfolks on the road using it for many decades prior to laws allowing it.
Though I know of no law legally allowing driving under the influence.
While...manyfolks are driving under the influence of a host of other drugs.
Percription drugs in particular that they might not really should be driving while under the influence of.

I don't chew my fingernails about it.
Heck , dodging idiots on cell phones keeps my reactions sharp enough to not rear end a stoner putting along in the wino lane on the expressway....:laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beenfolks on the road using it for many decades prior to laws allowing it.
Though I know of no law legally allowing driving under the influence.
While...manyfolks are driving under the influence of a host of other drugs.
Percription drugs in particular that they might not really should be driving while under the influence of.

I don't chew my fingernails about it.
Heck , dodging idiots on cell phones keeps my reactions sharp enough to not rear end a stoner putting along in the wino lane on the expressway....:laughing7:

Oh man o man...

People been high on pot since 60's... all around us... everyday... everywhere... never heard squat about accidents from it.

Never have worried about someone high on pot driving.

BUT... I AM worried about the idiot texting...

And frigging terrified of pill heads driving.

Sheesh I am scared of them walking.... let alone driving.

Like alcohol.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was gonna start going into population and such but aarc covered most of it. Also think of the age groups that moved there....younger people who are more likely to binge drink. Bet your statistics didnt account for any of that. Exactly what happens when you choose a narritive then go looking for numbers to support it rather than going through the numbers and exploring why they are that way

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most laws where legalized are setting time periods that can not legally drive. No different than alcohol with the BAC rating. I know this, you can be legally sober the next morning after night of drinking but far more dangerous than someone driving after a joint 2 hours earlier. Hangovers and driving can be hell.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
If I could give more likes to AARC, he'd certainly get them and if I could give a thumbs down, sorry nomad, but you didn't do any research before you posted.

I'm a 56 year old Colorado native that is pro weed. Wanna talk about the bad stuff? Ok........ALCOHOL! Bugs the crap outta me watching main stream media promoting it all the time. Morning news shows and all the way to late night.

Honkey3k

Jul 14, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Baseless claims. Don't be a bigot - this is real business and it isn't going anywhere. https://www.newcannabisventures.com/

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If I could give more likes to AARC, he'd certainly get them and if I could give a thumbs down, sorry nomad, but you didn't do any research before you posted.

I'm a 56 year old Colorado native that is pro weed. Wanna talk about the bad stuff? Ok........ALCOHOL! Bugs the crap outta me watching main stream media promoting it all the time. Morning news shows and all the way to late night.

Alcohol is a poison.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Proof, please?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You are right...

Everyone please forfeit all Rum this way please... all Rum this way please... thank you... thank you... yes this way.

:)
What I said is right,it doesn't make me right I'm as wrong as everybody else.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I said is right,it doesn't make me right I'm as wrong as everybody else.

Yes.... what he said... now please continue passing the Rum to me... I will make sure all this Rum is well taken care of....... yes... Rum this way.

I will get rid of all this Rum for everyone... please pass your Rum this way... thank you.....

I will make sure all Rum will be gone... slowly... I will dispose of it slowly.... rum this way please.... yes....

I will get rid of all this Rum very slowly ... cannot get rid of it too fast....

I will be burdened with storing it in my cabin for everyone's sake... and dispose of it slowly.

Koalajones

Nov 10, 2019
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio shack detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alot of who-ha its ether they bash guns or they bash pot never bashing alcohol

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd wager it has more to do with tourists / people not used to winter road conditions.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The key to all of this is: Don’t drive while intoxicated, especially alcohol where you are numb to the world around you.
I’m going to add “Texting” to the above.
Smoke or vape your weed in a comfortably safe environment and stay off the roads.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
The key to all of this is: Don’t drive while intoxicated, especially alcohol where you are numb to the world around you.
I’m going to add “Texting” to the above.
Smoke or vape your weed in a comfortably safe environment and stay off the roads.

ok. so a little common sense ? or maybe a lot of common sense. and how about some courtesy and respect for others on the road. i do my best. can you ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread