Ok, the MXT CAN find small stuff!

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm posting here for prospectors wondering what size stuff the MXT can find... Now, I'm eventually gonna get the GMT for the SUPER tiny stuff, but I'll tell you what, the MXT can find small stuff. All of this (and a bunch more) was found in a wood chip box, except the 10k cross, which was found in the sandbox.

The MXT will pick up the tiniest stuff in the wood chip box, but in the sand it was much more difficult due to the high mineralization. So what I did was... I left the gain at +3, but turned it on hypersat... And that does help keep the small target sensitivity I noticed. But this is only my third day playing with the MXT.

In the wood chip box I used +3 gain, 0 sat, threshold to where I could barely hear a hum, ground track on.

If anyone has a better setting for high mineral ground use in prospecting mode, please let me know :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413335389.576121.jpg

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FOR A 3RD DAY THATS FINFANTASTIC

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I have years of experience with the XLT, but have never went after small targets. Today I was just seeing what the smallest thing I could find would be, to give me an idea of what size nuggets I could get during prospecting... But if I experience similar mineralization up in gold country as i experienced in the sandbox... It'll be a challenge. As long as I can run it with the gain at 10-max, I think I can get the small stuff around BB sized at 2"!

I'd love to try a GMT to see how it compares

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredibly impressed with this find today with the MXT. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413757111.241861.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread