OK Treasure Hunt (what do you think the interest would be)

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
Alright folks, I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and I've just about got the details ironed out. This would not be just a regular 1 day hunt, but several (nice) prizes given. It would be required of the participants to decipher codes, maps, etc to find each treasure and would not be some easy "walk to this spot and there's the treasure" type hunts. I would like to do this first within the 10 1/2 county boundary of the Choctaw Nation and see how it goes, then hopefully be able to move farther out. I can't go into a lot of detail, as you can surely understand, but just give me an idea of what you think the response to this might be. Thanks. SE Hunter

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be pretty cool. I guess nobody else is interested. Go with it anyway.

OP
OP
S

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
I think it will be awesome! I've amassed some silver bars as prizes and I'm trying to get a decent deal on some gold as well. I'm going to go ahead with the plans even though there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. The more people who are willing to sign up, the better the treasures! I'm working on the website right now, and anyone wiling will have to register online by a certain date (TBD). I'll keep you posted, thanks for the response. SE Hunter

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I'd be willing to come up from Texas for a hunt....
baggins

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested...but I think you should post this on the TNET MEMBER HUNTS forum for better exposure.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Just like a scavenger hunt? You're talking about a seeded hunt,right?Just have to solve the puzzles for each prize?

OP
OP
S

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
Sorry everyone, I'm still working out the details of the hunt, but I still plan on doing it. Mainly trying to decide whether to have more of less value or fewer worth more. I hate to have fewer since I'd like to disperse over a large area. I'd like to try to do a trial run on a small scale in October, but it seems like just about the time I've got everything figured out, something else comes up. I really think this will be awesome. Any feedback is appreciated, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest right now. I will try to be better about keeping everyone posted.

SE Hunter

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
anything new on this? I would be interested.......

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Put me on the list!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems this post started this same time last year but I would be interested in this. Being from Durant, I would mind helping. I have a couple of buddys here that would also be interested. GH

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
My brother and I are interested...that makes 2 more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread