OK watch guys is it worth restoring

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick this up a while ago been trying to research it and get the year and estimated value but I find the prices all over the place and all you experts out there on watches can tell me if it’s worth restoring or selling as is and potential value it is working

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522512891.075680.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522512901.726037.jpg

I initially thought that it was one of the many brands from that era, but reading about it, learned that it was a pre Tag Heuer. if it was my watch I would sell it as is. If it works, that's very, very important. I would allow the new owner/collector to restore it. All the best.

artslinsger

You have not posted any reference to Size. Is this a ladies model or is it larger than normal for the era?
Size is very important. Either way this is a plain jane time only watch and would not be worth restoring. Even if it runs well you will not recoup the cost of refinishing the dial and adding a new crystal. Seems to have at least gotten damp once or twice as well. Kiss of death!

You have not posted any reference to Size. Is this a ladies model or is it larger than normal for the era?
Size is very important. Either way this is a plain jane time only watch and would not be worth restoring. Even if it runs well you will not recoup the cost of refinishing the dial and adding a new crystal. Seems to have at least gotten damp once or twice as well. Kiss of death!

Man’s watch 33mm-35mm

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522529857.408673.jpg

I wouldn’t restore. Parts watch in my opinion.

Hi, unless you can do the work yourself, I can't see putting $150 or more into it, and giving the buyer a limited guarantee. Don't overlook selling it local, if you are in a populated area....good luck...............h

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back