Okay..Im Officially Hooked

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Okay..I'm Officially Hooked

Hello,
First, let me say I am New to MDing.. and when i say new, I mean today was my first attempt with a detector that my wife bought for my birthday..
Excited when the package arrived today...I could see that my wife seemed just as excited as I did, Barely out of the box, just as I was putting it together and reading the instructions.. she offered to hide a few select items in the backyard so I could see, or rather hear the difference between different types of treasure..while she was "Hiding" the items, I was reading the instructions, tips and basic info.

With the items hid, I headed out to the backyard..Now, since it was still early..we BOTH were still in our PJ's..sweeping the yard per the instructions..Finding all the items she placed took a little time..it was more of an easter egg hunt(not really that much hidden)..I swept the yard and got several hits.. Picking the loudest and clearest high pitch..I took my little trowel and started to dig..she asked do you hear something?.. I said yeah.. "here, you listen and sweep as I dig" so together in our pajamas we unearthed our very first find.
A 1989 dime that had been hit by my lawnmower at sometime or another......."Hooked".....and for the first time in our 19 years together, I was the one who showed some self restraint..she asked, "do you wanna check the other stuff"?.... not wanting to dig up the whole yard I have babied for years, I told her we'll try again anotherday, maybe someday when we're actually dressed.. ha ha
Very cool is all i can say... I see a long, beautiful relationship in the future for both my wife & myself , and our new detector.
Just wanted to share my fun, first day !

Upvote 0

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Re: Okay..I'm Officially Hooked

Welcome to the community of diggers. The addiction gets worse at times but a little diggin offers some relief. Happy hunting*

Les

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The wife does not know what she has started. :icon_thumright: :headbang: :icon_thumleft:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait til ya find your first 1800's coin! :headbang:

Rogerm069

Jun 5, 2006
New Albany, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher, White, Garrett

Ahhhhhh, I can remember some 20+ years ago when I bought my first top grade detector a fisher my wife was right there with me, and excited as much as I. Within a month she had her own fisher and we soon bounded like never before and still today as then we have that bound. We upgrade every few years and are still at it hard!
Welcome aboard my friend.
Roger

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rogerm069 said:
Ahhhhhh, I can remember some 20+ years ago when I bought my first top grade detector a fisher my wife was right there with me, and excited as much as I. Within a month she had her own fisher and we soon bounded like never before and still today as then we have that bound. We upgrade every few years and are still at it hard!
Welcome aboard my friend.
Roger
AHHH! 10 years ago, when I first started detecting, my wife said to me.....AND I QUOTE......."You'll never find nothin' worth NOTHIN' ". :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv

thank you all for the wonderful replies.. yes I can see how fun and addicting it can be..and indeed, I can see her getting one too. thanks again!! :laughing7:

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're one lucky man. Roughly a week after my finds paid for my detector, I lost it all in marriage counseling.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welcome to the addiction!!!!!

When i first started detecting My wife would say, your going out detecting again!!! Now she says where are you going today and Find me some Pretties!!!! LOL She gets a kick out of looking through my finds Hoping there is a gold or silver Pretty for her!!!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SG welcome to your newest addiction lol .now you wanna have some fun if you have any local city parks where is a kids play ground .the play ground ( or Tot lot as you will see used) is a great place to learn your detector :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the addiction. I got to get my fix as often as I can, too....

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Like any good pusher, you'll have to get her one too. Think of it as cheaper than a health club membership, and just go with it. It will lead to many long walks on the beach, playgrounds, and parks. The family that detects together ... detects together. You will both suffer from loss of affection, but will share a common affliction. At least you'll be able to commiserate together.

And remember: when she finds the first diamond ring, she's just being helpful!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Addiction! That's an understatement! lol :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv

thank you, thank you for all the nice, fun comments and suggestions.WE are planning an early morning trip to the Nearest tot lot in the morning..I'll keep you all posted. :icon_thumright: :hello2:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

There's no shame in admitting that you're an addict SGVALLEYMAN! :D

Now say it with me 10 times . . .
"I'm A Metaldetectorist, I'm addicted and I'm not ashamed to admit it!"

Congratulations your now a verified treasure hunter! :notworthy: :D

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chug and Red said:
Welcome to the addiction!!!!!

When i first started detecting My wife would say, your going out detecting again!!! Now she says where are you going today and Find me some Pretties!!!! LOL She gets a kick out of looking through my finds Hoping there is a gold or silver Pretty for her!!!

Yes, and he forgot to mention that I bought him his first detector, it was a Radio Shack model, and he had a ball with it!!! I love it when he goes out, he gets lots of exercise, finds really cool stuff, and he is relaxed when he gets home, plus like he says, sometimes he finds me pretties!!!! LOL Red :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 261
  • happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 261
OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
tracker iv

LOL Love the reply...and animation...It's so nice to hear that my NEW addiction can bring some happiness and together time with the Boss-Lady...thanks you good people. :headbang:

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your first find. I too am new to MD'ing and although I got my detector earlier this week, I have not had a chance to try it out. I am hoping to do that tomorrow or Sunday. I am also hoping to have my wife enjoy the experience as much as your wife did. If she does, I'll get her a detector as well and then we'll have a mutual hobby.

Chris / LIDigger

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dude, welcome to the most addicting hobby in the world!

Did I forget to mention, I run the Detectors anonymous class down the hall?

It's a 12 step program For example, take a step, swing. Take another step, swing again.
12 times. If you don't get it after the 11th, we start over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread