Okla Lead

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Ok,you guys can follow up on this.It's from a forum way out in Az,so you okie people ought to get on it.

Oklahoma History, Indian locations

garimpo

This is the area just West of where I grew up in Eastern Oklahoma................

first site is where a American Indian village once stood...............the owner used to plow the field

every year and we would go there and find arrow heads, spear head, axes, and occasionally a

skull..........it's next to the creek and at the highest point there, a small rise...........don't know

who the owner is now: 35°09'12.77"N, 95°07'34.03"W

here is where the first Governor of the Choctaw Nation had his house, been restored and the town of

San Boise was immediately to the East of the house. It's been 30 years since I beeped the area and

only covered a small area, found some good coins, the house where the road turns North is where the

owner used to dig Indian Head pennies and dimes from the 1800's in his garden just behind his house..

both times I asked for permission to beep his garden the answer was NO..........

just think about the advancements made in metal detectors since I was there............

35°07'45.67"N, 95°09'29.79"W.........now is the perfect time of year to beep there.............not

many weeds or "chiggers" yet.

Happy hunting and scratching................

--------------------

If it beeps

Boltz

Greenie
Jun 29, 2006
Central Oklahoma
warsawdaddy, do you mean Alfred Wade at Boggy Depot? And if so, is this the old Boggy Depot? Sorry, don't currently have access to my maps - n- time lines. I've spent some time in the area around the old stage line road ;D but got off on other adventures. Would love to go back. I hunt alot around Honobia and Cloudy, so it's just a short detour for me.
Thanks in advance ;)
Boltz

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
warsaw, could you post the link where you found this. I have been trying to locate indian village sites in northwest missouri and have been coming up empty. I live right on the border of the area of missouri that was originally where Missouri ended and indian territory began before the Platte purchase. I would love to find some more promising search sites. Thanks, Charlie

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
Looks like its a ways south of Stigler. Too far for me, without knowing who owns it and not knowing if I could even get permission to hunt. Thanks for the lead though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions