OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about the extra pics. The app said the sight crashed when I tried to send it so I kept trying.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Painted coin MAY be Tims, but idk, that's quite a trip for a half dollar lol

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I live on the Red River. I was seeing if the 10th district would pay out any better than the 11th in Texas. Last time I got 6 40%er out of $500 but this time it was somebody elses dump and a skunk.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Im a little north of you and i just got some just like that last week. I see the "rs okc" regularly. Got two bags from duncan, ok that had those painted green coins. Hadnt seen ones like that before. If your bag came from fsfcu lawton...then those are my dumps lol

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Where do you pick up at? We both might be getting someone else's dumps. Plus im not trying to step on any body's toes.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the game with bags, a lot of the time they are someone elses dumps

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
But I should say this. I didnt think about it or didnt know at the time but I got a green '68 last time I got a bag in OK. It might not be the same person but it was green and wasnt as freshly painted as this bag of coins. I dont know if the two are related or not but...plus I found three 2013 which I thought was cool since I havent found any with 2013 date.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to echo Magma and say that bags in Oklahoma are mostly dumps. Most banks (haven't found any) will not accept rolled coin. Loomis sells by the bag (1k) and Brinks sells by the box. I've done hundreds of both. There is one bank that will sell loose bags of $500 and they usually have decent results. I would suggest steering clear of the bags.

Btw, the most common mark I see on Oklahoma coins are a single red dot and the RS, which have more recently been including a date.

OO

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to echo Magma and say that bags in Oklahoma are mostly dumps. Most banks (haven't found any) will not accept rolled coin. Loomis sells by the bag (1k) and Brinks sells by the box. I've done hundreds of both. There is one bank that will sell loose bags of $500 and they usually have decent results. I would suggest steering clear of the bags.

Btw, the most common mark I see on Oklahoma coins are a single red dot and the RS, which have more recently been including a date.

OO

haha yeah tell me about it. It's frustrating with bags because you can tell really quickly whether you've got a good bag or not. And since they say what bank they come from on the bag, i keep track of it. There are certain banks I cringe at when i pick up cause I know it's straight dumps

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red dot sometimes hit's the ear but it doesn't appear to be intentional. It's just a random red sharpy dot, and he does it to most, if not all his coins. I have no idea what he thinks he will gain from it. Doesn't tell him if he searched them last month or 2 years ago.

When I say "Loomis", it doesn't necessarily mean the bags will be Loomis. It just means that the bank uses Loomis as their courier. The bank bags may have come from Loomis or one of many other sources. As mentioned again by Magma, you can usually tell which bank they come from because Loomis doesn't re-run the coin. They simply sell you the bag that came off the original banks counter. They will sometimes have other coins, guitar pick's, and other misc. If they do, that's usually a good sign because it has taken awhile for the bag to fill.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
No this guy or girl puts a red dot, maybe nail polish, in the ear everytime. Sometimes it is orange. Im going to do everybody a favor and dump the coins in Texas. You can thank me now...or later.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Got another bag from Ok. Most of them had a green or black lines on the rim. So who is the rim marker up there?

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got another bag from Ok. Most of them had a green or black lines on the rim. So who is the rim marker up there?

I have searches several boxes containing the black marked rims. One of them was my best box ever believe it or not. Must have been a CRH dump mixed with a collection dump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread